News   Jun 03, 2024
 183     0 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 417     0 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 1.2K     0 

PATH Network Expansion (various, various, various)

North York has a little of this with the Sheppard Centre. There used to be a connection between the Madison Centre and Federal Government building up there as well. Not sure if it still exists. The same at North York Centre subway and at Finch.

Yonge and Eglinton also has a little of what you could call underground connections.

Looking back at the history of the PATH and how small it was just 50 years ago, I wonder how developed the underground networks at Y+E and in North York will be in say 50 years time.

North York has a little of this with the Sheppard Centre. There used to be a connection between the Madison Centre and Federal Government building up there as well. Not sure if it still exists. The same at North York Centre subway and at Finch.

If I'm not mistaken (and unless something has changed) it used to be possible to walk from Sheppard to NYCC completely underground. There was a connection from 5000 Yonge to the Performing Arts Centre, and then you could also get (I believe) to the TDSB building and into City Hall. The only segment I'm not sure about is Ultima, but I'm almost positive that it had underground connections (possibly through the parking lot) to both 5000 Yonge and the Madison Centre

I'm certain there is underground pedestrian connection (through garage) between 5000 Yonge and 153/155 Beecroft (Broadway condos), however it is access controlled for key fob entry only ...

I don't think there is any connections between Ultima & 5000 Yonge though

I walked the area on Saturday afternoon.

South of Sheppard Avenue, via the Hallmark Centre you can get into the Rexall without going outside, but there's no internal connection to the Whole Foods.

North of Sheppard Avenue (and not connected underground to the Hallmark Centre without using a Metropass), the connection from the Sheppard Centre to the Madison Centre and Federal Building is one of the ugliest pedestrian passageways in the city. The connection point at the Sheppard Centre is, like at 110 Bloor West, outdoors, but covered from above. With a long-closed restaurant by the beginning of the tunnel, it looks like the beaten-up bits of Buffalo or Detroit down there.

The Madison Centre is as far north as you can get before you're outside again. Ultima and the buildings to the west of it have not joined the party.

The North York Centre and Empress Walk have direct connections to North York Centre station of course, and via another covered-but-outside connection, you can reach North York "City" Hall. There's a direct indoor connection from it to the Toronto District School Board offices.

Last edited:
Might also be useful to add some parts of Ryerson which are linked up, but I don't think there are any official links yet....although I would assume that the new SLC will be connected to whatever goes in south of it and connect up to the AMC building....

http://www.ryerson.ca/content/dam/news/media/spotlight/slc/images/campus_map_slc.jpg

There is apparently a bridge to the library from slc, and one from POD->KHW, then over to RCC...anyone have any other connections in that area

might be some stuff at u of t as well....

Might also be useful to add some parts of Ryerson which are linked up, but I don't think there are any official links yet....although I would assume that the new SLC will be connected to whatever goes in south of it and connect up to the AMC building....

http://www.ryerson.ca/content/dam/news/media/spotlight/slc/images/campus_map_slc.jpg

There is apparently a bridge to the library from slc, and one from POD->KHW, then over to RCC...anyone have any other connections in that area

might be some stuff at u of t as well....

The new SLC has a knockout wall on the southern end for a potential connection, but won't be connected to the AMC building.

Does anyone know why the Massey tower doesn't have any planned PATH connection?

where does it have a knockout exactly? In the retail section?

From their building application:
"The current proposal indicates a knock-out panel in the basement of the Student Learning Centre on the south wall for a potential subway station connection, via a potential PATH route under Gould Street, and the construction of both an above grade and below grade connection across the City of Toronto right-of-way at O'Keefe Lane into Ryerson Student Library. The applicant does not propose to construct a second entrance/exit to the Dundas Subway Station."

So, south basement fronting Gould.

Last edited:
The city has updated PATH map. The new version differentiates at-ground and above-ground links from the rest.

Back