News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 606     0 

OS X Leopard

Apple OS X...

Everyone: I am visiting a local Apple store here on LI-I am posting this reply using a Apple OS X-I noticed it after reading this topic and then noticing the computer I was using...that pic shows exactly the setup I am using now!
Not bad! LI MIKE

They installed it in the computers at the Eaton Centre store this morning. I got to play with it and it seems pretty cool. The store is closing at 4PM this afternoon and will reopen at 6PM when they will start selling it.

lol.. they're not supposed to install it on their computers 'til the store closes. First copies getting out early, now this? Somewhere, Steve jobs is pulling out the little hair he has left.

i was walking through Eaton Centre tonight on the way home from work... and seriously, it was ridiculous. It was 5:45pm, and there were about 200 people lined up outside the Apple Store for the release at 6:00pm. I should have sat down by the line, opened up my laptop and shown the goodness that is Leopard to all those waiting masses.
haha..

seriously though, who ever waited for a Windows release?

I was in that line... I thought.. "Really, are people going to form a huge line? Maybe there'll be 20 to 30 people outside..."

.. and then I arrived at 6 and the place was swamped. There was a lineup nearly up to Indigo, snaking around the rails. If it were a straight line, it would extend to SEARS.

I got my copy and I'm getting ready to go for a fresh install. My MacBook Pro can't wait!

:D

Windows isn't the same kind of fad-ish phenomenon.

People were clamouring to upgrade to the new Ubuntu release last week. No lines, per se, seeing as its free.

It's about Apple's slick marketing. Style over substance and all that.

People have short memories. The hype over Windows 95 was huge; I remember lineups, etc. all so people could be the first to get their hands on it.

I'd agree with afransen that Windows isn't the same kind of phenomenon. Apple has created a cult, one many users have no problem buying into.

Apple has created a cult, one many users have no problem buying into.

this apple you speak of, does it come from the tree of knowledge?

damn, look it it did to adam and eve! i'm not sure i want to go through that. better i stick to the "tree of folders" in the garden of windows.

Back