News   Jul 16, 2024
 123     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 876     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Ontario Liberals and Transit

I have read that del duca drives down the 400 to queens park every day, but is planning to take the subway when it opens in a couple years.

During the election he was a big champion of GO expansion. All of his local election signs had bright yellow addons on top with a line about it.

Give him a bit of time, he is still new to the position. Hard to criticise him if he hasn't had the time to read the reports yet.

I'll accept a few dud projects being on the priority list for the next 4 years provided the useful and good ones get tendered.

The TTC driven EA for Scarborough Subway (it's not a Metrolinx project) will be enough to cancel the scarborough subway and we'll start rebuilding the SRT in 2018; regardless of who is mayor at the time. Even a re-elected Ford won't stomach another property tax increase necessary to fund the higher than expected pricetag. Very few projects get through the EA with a lower than expected cost.

It sucks for the residents of Scarborough who could have had the rebuilt SRT in another 12 months but many willingly participated in the hijinks that caused the delays.

He's been in this position for over a month. I say that's enough time to get caught up.

But if he doesn't know anything about transit, maybe he should educate himself before making the comments he did in the Torontoist article.
Del Luca seems not to realize there is no formal agreement to build the subway. But I would like to point out it will take at least two votes to cancel the subway, although I believe it can be done rbt. And I'm glad you called out the voters. They put Ford it, they enabled him to do this 4 year delay.

Last edited:
Budget passes first vote!
Adrian Morrow ‏@AdrianMorrow

Budget passes final vote, 56 to 37. Wynne and Sousa quietly shake hands as the Speaker wishes everyone happy summer pic.twitter.com/qyF2bAauUR

Retweet
Favorite

Embedded image permalink

Retweet 1
LoveToronto

12:52 PM - 24 Jul 2014
Tweet text
Reply to @AdrianMorrow

Last edited:
Good to see it's not just me who thought Del Duca was a dumb choice for the "showcase" transit file. I had my stomach in knots ever since the first rumours Murray was out surfaced.

And about York deciding our transit matters: absolutely. As a region built on enormous low density sprawl they're in a poor moral position to understand transit.

Tells me the B-D extension is basically non-negotiable for the Liberals with two straight ministers saying the same thing.

Well they better find a way to make it negotiable, because as of now the Province is contractually obligated to build the Scarborough LRT while the City has absolutely no obligation to back the subway extension.

Who was the first straight minister?

I see what you did there ;)

I didn't read the article, because I saw the bias in the questions asked. I'm glad the Liberals are committed to building the Bloor-Danforth extension and the RER.

Who was the first straight minister?
St. Paul is my guess. I have my suspicions about St. Peter.

Well they better find a way to make it negotiable, because as of now the Province is contractually obligated to build the Scarborough LRT while the City has absolutely no obligation to back the subway extension.
What's the city going to do, sue? Say no to a subway when $15 billion is still in the pipeline? No chance.

That said, there's no reason the city can't negotiate and get something in return.

Well that and they're negotiating a new one for the subway but seem to be hung up on figuring out the sunk costs.

Back