News   May 24, 2024
 3.4K     1 
News   May 24, 2024
 761     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 372     0 

Obama Meter! keeping track of campaign promises

Considering that Republicans are going to oppose everything Obama proposes, and considering that he can pass any bill without the Republicans, he should take this opportunity to pass a stimulus that intentionally angers them (e.g. no tax cuts), and which is economically sound.

I believe you are wrong here. The problem is not with the Republican moderates, they would sign onto a bill that was reasonable - but if you looked at the bill that came out of the House - it was huge on spending - but not very much on infrastructure (which was the purpose of the bill). The problem is not with the Republicans, nor Obama, nor most of the Democrats - it is that they have such poor leadership in the house (and the Senate). They have better choices. They even had a significant number of Democrats that did not vote the party line (larger than normal). There are tax cuts in the bill, but those ones that they have are credits, which will not raise income .... but will be lump sum at the end of the year on a rebate - same type of tax cuts that failed horribly last year.... so it is the worst combination of things in the bill. Put together a reasonable stimulus bill, and you will have several moderate Republicans support it -- and it will fly through the Senate in no time.

Considering that Republicans are going to oppose everything Obama proposes, and considering that he can pass any bill without the Republicans, he should take this opportunity to pass a stimulus that intentionally angers them (e.g. no tax cuts), and which is economically sound.

playing that kind of politics never works out in the end ever!!!

The "odd" spending in the stimulus bill comprises roughly 1% of the total money amount. I agree, it shouldn't even be there, but come on.

I knew this would happen. All the shitheads in the house see this as their golden opportunity to advance an agenda.

Stimulating

...what does funding condoms and abortions have to do with stimulating the economy? It maybe a worthy cause to fund but it does not belong in a stimulus bill.

It seems to be fairly stimulating here. Maybe it's in there for that exact reason - a distraction to divert attention from a more important and more vunerable issue.

When Bush was elected, I decided I'd try and keep track of the number of ecological disasters Bush caused or assisted. A sort of personal Bush-meter.

By the time he was re-elected, Bush had had a hand in so many anti-environmental initiatives, I began to lose track. By the end of the first year of the second term, my computer was full of news reports of Bush wrecking the planet. Shortly thereafter I just gave up as the sheer volume was so overwhelming it became meaningless.

In effect, Bush transformed destroying large tracts of his country into an art form of sorts. I hope it's a meter reading that will never ever be attempted again.

I doubt that Obama has time even if he is re-elected, to undo all the damage Bush did. So if he breaks a promise or so along the way while trying to re-protect the planet from Bush-termites, I can forgive him.

Slogan;'CHANGE'

preface. interesting how Capone got 11years for tax evasion- geithner gets the Treasury Sec. position!
-in his defense, geithner did have to appologize.

tax cheats in cabinet-too few(geithner,killefer,solis, daschle-not daschle)
lobbyists in his cabinet -what is a lobbyist?(d. ogden?,lynn?,& clinton's clean of course)
uniting dems & repubs-sure
pork in the spending package-just a little(as schumer says the people don't care)
'CHANGE' = reassembling the old clinton cab = same old tricks

the anxious children are overstepping...

trickle up poverty's gonna be painfull.
voters remorse setting in.

b/o should be treated with the same respect afforded to bush.

Slogan;'CHANGE'

preface. interesting how Capone got 11years for tax evasion- geithner gets the Treasury Sec. position!
-in his defense, geithner did have to appologize.

tax cheats in cabinet-too few(geithner,killefer,solis, daschle-not daschle)
lobbyists in his cabinet -what is a lobbyist?(d. ogden?,lynn?,& clinton's clean of course)
uniting dems & repubs-sure
pork in the spending package-just a little(as schumer says the people don't care)
'CHANGE' = reassembling the old clinton cab = same old tricks

the anxious children are overstepping...

trickle up poverty's gonna be painfull.
voters remorse setting in.

b/o should be treated with the same respect afforded to bush.

Torture, domestic spying, baseless wars....

Let me know when he does all these things.

I find the over-the-top vilification of recent presidents a reflection on the people doing it. I have no problem with disagreeing with policies, but recently the tone has become more annoying than anything. I have been less than impressed with the congresses stimulus package, and I have been disappointed with Obama being sort-of disengaged with what is actually in it (the bill is not-focused on its primary purpose). I was very unimpressed with the Treasury secretary coming out with his solution - with no details - which is the last thing the market needed. I am still hopeful that he will grow into the job as a great president - so - and I expect a new president to make mistakes early (Clinton's first 2 years were pretty poor - but he improved with time - even with his personal failings).

I prefer people show other people respect, whether you agree or disagree with them.

I prefer people show other people respect, whether you agree or disagree with them.

respect is earned. bush didn't earn my respect.

move over jesus, there's a new messiah

respect is earned. bush didn't earn my respect.

...and thus far, b.o hasn't earned the respect of approximately half the country -and growing.

Americans took a chance, rolled the dice, figuring they couldn't get worse than the bush reign of error. In fact, i predict that when the people start to feel and understand the effects of the neomarxist 'redistribution' plan, b.o (and the demoncats) will lose popularity dramatically (you can fool some of the people some of the time... ). Since '06, congress had lower approval ratings then bush! -particularly reid & brain-dead pelosi.

Libs have been so angry for so long that they're now acting like unsupervised children running a candy store.

I believe b.o.'s new 'image/personality/blackness' novelty will wear thin soon enough. He doesn't even seem(act,look,talk, ) presidential. -lacks 'gravitas' big time. Internationally he,ll be dissed(is that how the kids spell it?).
(and yes, i know, bush spoke like... barney frank or sen.byrd or ted kennedy...)

B.o's still shocked and suprised to have won the big (hilary's) prize.

Time will show for america's first affirmative action chosen one.

Last edited:
Time will show for america's first affirmative action chosen one.

i don't think obama being black had anything to do with him being elected.

i don't think obama being black had anything to do with him being elected.

it had everything to do with this 'unknown' character being elected.

what was this fraud doing 5yrs ago? 10? 20? -'organizing' in his community?
-what type of 'community' needs an 'organizer'?

-of course all guilty white libs voted for the guy, showing how 'progressive' they are.("i have black friends" syndrome)

-youths voted for him en masse.(now they're back in the malls & nightclubs & colleges)

-homeless & illegals (& the dead!) were wheeled into voting booths.(thanks acorn)

-98 % of blacks voted for him!(just imagine 98% of whites voting for edwards or hilary or mcCain or anyone! -sad really)

given the lamestream media's infatuation, and 'shielding' of b.o...
...and you know that (RINO) grampy mcCain still managed to get 48mil votes compared to b.o.'s 53 -not a big landslide.

-of course all guilty white libs voted for the guy, showing how 'progressive' they are.("i have black friends" syndrome)

-youths voted for him en masse.(now they're back in the malls & nightclubs & colleges)

-homeless & illegals (& the dead!) were wheeled into voting booths.(thanks acorn)

-98 % of blacks voted for him!(just imagine 98% of whites voting for edwards or hilary or mcCain or anyone! -sad really)

...and you know that (RINO) grampy mcCain still managed to get 48mil votes compared to b.o.'s 53 -not a big landslide.

and of course, if i don't want to be a bigot, i have to tolerate your beliefs or else some will complain and whine to the mods to have the thread closed or try to have me banned. what's the point of me trying to refute your arguments?

i only started this thread to talk about the web-based application. of course, my thread gets hijacked and you know what happens next. nice procedure some have happening here.

This is trolling, pure and simple.

Back