News   May 03, 2024
 972     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 596     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 287     0 

Obama Meter! keeping track of campaign promises

except you wouldn't need one for bush, it's kinda obvious what it would always say... =P

edit: A presidential promise was getting his daughters a puppy?? That's so cute!

Sort of useless - Obama will not be judged on keeping or breaking promises - he will be judged on what the state of the union is at the end ....

i.e.
- What is the state of the economy?
- Whether people feel there lot in life is getting better or worse...

In the US, the primaries they run to the poles of the party, in the election they move towards the centre. Did they make this promises to their own party members, or were these things promised when they were running for the president - it makes a difference as well.

imo I do not really care if a politican breaks a campiagn promise, if they change is for the better.

lol, people said Dalton broke a promise of having a certain percentage of fuel being biofuel. Well he abandoned bio fuel because it does more harm then good.

imo I do not really care if a politician breaks a campaign promise, if the change is for the better.

lol, people said Dalton broke a promise of having a certain percentage of fuel being biofuel. Well he abandoned bio fuel because it does more harm then good.

i agree. sometimes you gotta edit the plan as you go.

Sort of useless - Obama will not be judged on keeping or breaking promises - he will be judged on what the state of the union is at the end ....

i.e.
- What is the state of the economy?
- Whether people feel there lot in life is getting better or worse...

In the US, the primaries they run to the poles of the party, in the election they move towards the centre. Did they make this promises to their own party members, or were these things promised when they were running for the president - it makes a difference as well.

In agreement, Bush never was able to comprehend going outside his rigid dogmatic stubborness to do anything right for the nation.

On an aside. I wish you wouldn't defile our maple leaf with that decoration.

Who said it was "our" maple leaf, you know there are maple leafs in the United States - trees don't just stop growing because of a artificial border :rolleyes:

better hope this guy doesn't see it: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnz-5nSkMXM

of course the maple leaf isn't ours alone but some super patriotic americans, specifically ones that hate canada, could get irate at the idea of having their flag in the shape of a maple leaf.

Who said it was "our" maple leaf, you know there are maple leafs in the United States - trees don't just stop growing because of a artificial border :rolleyes:

Well, I see stars in the night sky. Stripes are all over the place, too.

Obama is having a great deal of difficulty with his stimulus plan and considering the Republicans were clearly defeated, they are putting up decent opposition.

I think there is a lot of wasted money in this stimulus program.

I know, the Americans are really going to get into some serious debt. Actually, isn't the US national debt like 1.6 trillion dollars:eek:

I know, the Americans are really going to get into some serious debt. Actually, isn't the US national debt like 1.6 trillion dollars:eek:

Oh, it's way more than that. They're going to borrow nearly that much in the next fiscal year, and over $10 trillion over the next decade.

Considering that Republicans are going to oppose everything Obama proposes, and considering that he can pass any bill without the Republicans, he should take this opportunity to pass a stimulus that intentionally angers them (e.g. no tax cuts), and which is economically sound.

Considering that Republicans are going to oppose everything Obama proposes, and considering that he can pass any bill without the Republicans, he should take this opportunity to pass a stimulus that intentionally angers them (e.g. no tax cuts), and which is economically sound.

Given Obama's efforts to reach out to Republicans and the efforts of some Republicans to ride his coattails I would not hold such a pessimistic view. He may not need them to pass the bill, but in the Senate he does need their help to pass it quickly. And let's not forget that the American public is a lot closer to the view of the Republican Senators than it is to the view of the Democrats on the stimulus package.....particularly after the fiasco that TARP turned out to be. They have some valid criticisms. Nancy Pelosi's comments notwithstanding, what does funding condoms and abortions have to do with stimulating the economy? It maybe a worthy cause to fund but it does not belong in a stimulus bill.

Back