NXT & NXT2 Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

have any of you signed up with Stratacon? I don't understand why we are not able to deal with Toronto Hydro directly and have to go through with this Agency stuff.

have any of you signed up with Stratacon? I don't understand why we are not able to deal with Toronto Hydro directly and have to go through with this Agency stuff.

That's what I have been trying to find out here as well. I am holding back right now because this company doesn't sound very on-the-level from what one can gather on the internet...why do we need a middleman for electricity? I don't want to be charged extra.

I called toronto hydro today and was told that Toronto Hydro only provides bulk supply in our area and Stratacon is the company handling the individual metre reading. I guess there is no choice and have to suffer that monthly admin fee...

Last edited:
I called toronto hydro today and was told that Toronto Hydro only provides bulk supply in our area and Stratacon is the company handling the individual metre reading. I guess there is no choice and have to suffer that monthly admin fee...

By the way, is there any way the owner's committee (or condo corp or whatever it'll be called) can vote out of this and go back to dealing with Toronto Hydro?

Love the little notes on the walls of the construction elevator.

Do you mean one of the boarded-up resident elevators? What gives for that...disgruntled construction workers? I read some funny messages earlier on but now they've stopped writing stuff.

Do you mean one of the boarded-up resident elevators? What gives for that...disgruntled construction workers? I read some funny messages earlier on but now they've stopped writing stuff.

Ya, I saw someone wrote "Fix our unit" on the wall. The rest of it was covered up in white now it seems.

Hmm, I've heard some stories about some units having quite a few problems. Wondering if we could have an informal survey here on the extent of PDI issues. Overall, my PDI issues have been quite minor so I'm ok with my unit. Let's see how the rest of us fared so I'll go first (cut and paste please):

1. onfence-minor imperfections (nicks) on floors/walls/baseboards
2. ...

I was in NXT2 sales office yesterday. I found most of small unit doesn't have window in the bedroom. Will this be a issue when resale or rent out? I just feel I cannot accept a bedroom without window. I am wondering if the builder named bedroom right.

By the way, compare with the current price with begin of this year, how much percentage it has increased? I saw a post state VIP sale in Feb was starting at 160k. Last week VIP sale was starting at 200k. I don't believe my eyes that the price increased 40k in 9 month.

Maybe the HST is a factor, but still crazy.

Hope the previous buyers and realtors can clarify.

Thanks.

I'm currently using my oven to heat my unit because I can't figure seem to get the bloody thermostat to work.. :( Also, good times last night when the elevators went out of service (all of them) and I had to carry my grocery up the stairs..

Does anyone know when we'll be able to use the gym? Someone told me they are holding off to opening everything together.. but that could be months and the gym looks perfectly usable!

(Hi btw, 18th floor checkin' in :) moved in on Friday.)

Last edited:
I'm currently using my oven to heat my unit because I can't figure seem to get the bloody thermostat to work.. :( Also, good times last night when the elevators went out of service (all of them) and I had to carry my grocery up the stairs..

Does anyone know when we'll be able to use the gym? Someone told me they are holding off to opening everything together.. but that could be months and the gym looks perfectly usable!

(Hi btw, 18th floor checkin' in :) moved in on Friday.)

You can ask customer service as they have the manual now or even the security staff (they should have one, maybe).

My Thermostat is actually wired incorrectly... Fairly easy fix.

I really hope they do something about the elevators, had to take the stairs again today.

Back