News   May 22, 2024
 754     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 581     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 436     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

A couple times I've thought I had it, but I'm not certain. I definitely had a bout of exhaustion over two days recently, taking a quick nap in the middle of the day that turned into five or six hours of sleep only to wake up and be tired again three or four hours later. That reminded me of recovering from Mono about 15 years ago, where exhaustion like that persisted for about three weeks after all other Mono symptoms were gone.

On the other hand, it could be my body reacting to some major over-indulgences over the past ten days. Either way, it all seems to be going away now, but I will stay home for the next 48 hours or so until I have to go out to get my booster shot.

Last edited:
A couple times I've thought I had it, but I'm not certain. I definitely had a bout of exhaustion over two days recently, taking a quick nap in the middle of the day that turned into five or six hours of sleep only to wake up and be tired again three or four hours later. That reminded me of recovering from Mono about 15 years ago, where exhaustion like that persisted for about three weeks after all other Mono symptoms were gone.

On the other hand, it could be my body reacting to some major over-indulgences over the past ten days. Either way, it all seems to be going away today now but I will stay home for the next 48 hours or so until I have to go out to get my booster shot.
We've been the same, as well as having some 'cold-like' symptoms (her more than me). We got tested negative before Christmas. I think the season has something to do with it. Also, as we age, I think the amount of energy our bodies expending fighting an infection becomes much more evident.

booster just came in 😅🤣😂
IMG_20220103_172816.jpg

On the other hand, it could be my body reacting to some major over-indulgences over the past ten days. Either way, it all seems to be going away now, but I will stay home for the next 48 hours or so until I have to go out to get my booster shot.
Same situation for my toddler grandchild. Numerous negative tests. Lasted a couple of days along with the sniffles.

Good luck, @Bayer. I hope your symptoms remain mild and that you're back to health soon.
Thank you! Right now it feels like a cold with a bit of congestion and cough. No headache, loss of taste or smell, fever or anything else.

Reactions: vic
Thank you! Right now it feels like a cold with a bit of congestion and cough. No headache, loss of taste or smell, fever or anything else
There has been a helluva cold season for some. My daughter has such a heavy cough we sent her for testing, but came back negative.

There has been a helluva cold season for some. My daughter has such a heavy cough we sent her for testing, but came back negative.
Well, everything being wide open at the beginning of cold season is probably part to blame for it.

We also bet on the wrong Influenza strain for our vaccines, so that's going around too.

Ah jeez, spoke to my first, I believe antivaxer today. I was speaking with one of my employer’s suppliers based out of rural Manitoba. She said her entire family caught Covid last week but that they all took Stromectol (Ivermectin) and are recovering. I immediately asked her, isn’t that the nonsense horse meds that Trump and conspiracists are peddling. To which there was a short silence, whereupon she said that Stromectol is the human grade version and that it’s not being pushed because the patent has run out. I didn’t outright ask her if they’ve had their shots, but when I said we’d just got our boosters there was another short silence and evasion.

Supposed scientific journals like these don’t help.

I know a friend of a family friend who is anti vaxx that contacted COVID in early December and was hospitalized. Last I heard he had to be put on a feeding tube... But I think he is recovering.

Back