News   May 16, 2024
 149     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1.7K     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

BREAKING: Ontario Premier Doug Ford will declare a state of emergency. A highly placed source tells the @TorontoStar this will give the province the power to shut things down instead of simply recommending shutdowns to prevent the spread of #COVID19 as cases mount.

Are they planning on fighting the virus by shooting it or something?

Well, better stock up on lots of ammo then. I hear viruses are really small, and there are a lot of them. Hope you have good marksmanship.

I think it is a fundamental distrust against others and the government - coupled with widespread disbelief in science in the US that will make this more challenging for them. Ironically this might turn out to be a form of serosorting.

AoD

How's everyone doing work-wise during the viral apocalypse? I'm working from home today with two cats on my desk and a dog at my feet. All I need is my daughter's hamster to roll past in her plastic ball. Heading to Costco now..... let's see how that looks.

How's everyone doing work-wise during the viral apocalypse? I'm working from home today with two cats on my desk and a dog at my feet. All I need is my daughter's hamster to roll past in her plastic ball. Heading to Costco now..... let's see how that looks.

I WFH fairly often. Difference from the usual WFH situation is that wife (who usually works from home too) and son are here, so there's more going on.... I started a bit earlier in the day yesterday and today, and am planning to take some longer afternoon breaks every day to get out a bit, be social with family, etc.

I am part of the skeleton staff left to go in to the office until the end of next week, then I am rotated out and will work from home. I think there's 8 out of a normal 80 working here. Biggest development today is someone sending me an IM in a panic that they forgot to water their plants on their desk before they left. I took care of that crisis for them.

There's still a little bustle in the financial district. It's kind of like the morning of Remembrance Day, obviously far fewer people around, some things closed, but not a total shutdown. The sushi place in the concourse had their "30% off everything" sign out first thing this morning instead of making its usual appearance at about 3:30 p.m.

I have worked from home for years. Happy to offer tips!

90285527_10157328980538821_8245825054944788480_n.jpg

Back