News   May 16, 2024
 440     0 
News   May 16, 2024
 705     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 2.8K     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Not as a critique to you @Admiral Beez but this is definitely my idea of social distancing:

1584453912649.png

This is a f*ckup on the part of Costco.

AoD

How's everyone doing work-wise during the viral apocalypse? I'm working from home today with two cats on my desk and a dog at my feet. All I need is my daughter's hamster to roll past in her plastic ball. Heading to Costco now..... let's see how that looks.
Sleep has been a huge beneficiary of work from home. Not having to get up early anymore, and also not coming home late from parties.

Touching shopping carts that have been touched by thousands of people that same week is a particularly dumb take on how to socially isolate.

Touching shopping carts that have been touched by thousands of people that same week is a particularly dumb take on how to socially isolate.

Most supermarkets are disinfecting all baskets between uses and wiping down cart handles with disinfectant wipes before returning them from parking lots to the store. I have personally witnessed this procedure.

That doesn't mean every place is following it. One might wish to ask.

Transmission risk is very low this way, however, particularly if you use disinfectant on your hands as soon as you're done w/the basket/cart and remember not to bring you hand to your face at any point while using said basket/cart.

This is promising:

1584456440305.png

Its not a trendline yet; but I consider this hopeful.

Most supermarkets are disinfecting all baskets between uses and wiping down cart handles with disinfectant wipes before returning them from parking lots to the store. I have personally witnessed this procedure.

That doesn't mean every place is following it. One might wish to ask.

Transmission risk is very low this way, however, particularly if you use disinfectant on your hands as soon as you're done w/the basket/cart and remember not to bring you hand to your face at any point while using said basket/cart.

I am not particularly confident of their rigor with santization - and realistically, they couldn't. And since there isn't much by the way of disinfectant to be had anywhere now, the only truly viable thing is to wash your hands after touching ANYTHING and before you touch your face. Easier said than done.

How about BYOB - and use only self checkout counters that gets wiped after each person had touched it? Or before - like what they do at the gym - a spraybottle (best with diluted bleach) that everyone can use to spray everything down before using. The only concern is the bottle itself being a potential source of transmission. And of course the way self-check counters are backed together is another major design problem in hindsight.

AoD

I believe some UT Forumer's work with or for manufactures.

Please take note of this Tweet from Perrin Beatty and advise your employers/clients if this applies to them.

1584456757516.png

I am not particularly confident of their rigor with santization - and realistically, they couldn't. And since there isn't much by the way of disinfectant to be had anywhere now, the only truly viable thing is to wash your hands after touching ANYTHING and before you touch your face. Easier said than done.

How about BYOB - and use only self checkout counters that gets wiped after each person had touched it? Or before - like what they do at the gym - a spraybottle (best with diluted bleach) that everyone can use to spray everything down before using. The only concern is the bottle itself being a potential source of transmission.

AoD

To be clear, the supermarket industry has ample disinfectant for commercial use on premise at all stores.

Its routinely stocked for daily use cleaning meat/fish areas in particular.

Unless a store was anomalously low, most major stores are well supplied, there hasn't been a run on the multi-litre jugs of the stuff that most people have no interest in or ability to purchase at retail.

That is not to convey that I think every staffer applying said product is doing a perfect job; that would be an unrealistic expectation, and one should still exercise appropriate common sense.

I believe some UT Forumer's work with or for manufactures.

Please take note of this Tweet from Perrin Beatty and advise your employers/clients if this applies to them.

View attachment 236787

Someone in Canada has already came up with a pandemic ventilator - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/pandemic-ventilator-coronvirus-hospitals-1.5493830

Rudimetary, but easy to build. The kind of thing you want in an emergency situation. Already tweeted it back to him. Get those automotive parts company retooled; 3D printers humming.

AoD

Back