News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 438     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

IDK if I'm unusual, but when the doctor was about to jab me he asked if I was on any meds and I said no, and he replied, you sure? How unusual is it for your average 50 y/o to be on no meds? Last I checked my blood pressure was 125/79, I don't really exercise much, but try to eat well and take my vitamin D, probiotic and fish oil caps daily. Neither my 48 y/o wife nor my teenage kids are on any meds.

Is it unusual for people not to be on drugs? What meds is everyone else on?

I'll be 70 this year and, other than one 'as needed' Rx for joint/muscle pain, I'm not on anything. I get similar reactions to others; such as 'really?'. I used to take low-dose ASA simple as a prophylactic but was cautioned against it as they can cause gastro bleeds in some. I only recently started taking a seniors multi-vit and, quite frankly, haven't noticed any difference.

Last edited:
IDK if I'm unusual, but when the doctor was about to jab me he asked if I was on any meds and I said no, and he replied, you sure? How unusual is it for your average 50 y/o to be on no meds? Last I checked my blood pressure was 125/79, I don't really exercise much, but try to eat well and take my vitamin D, probiotic and fish oil caps daily. Neither my 48 y/o wife nor my teenage kids are on any meds.

BP drug, acid suppressant for reflux. Often we think our personal habits are the cause of our health issues, and obviously they can be, but many are just random or genetic. My mother, who died last month at age 81, never smoked, never drank, ate well and kept an ideal weight, yet was afflicted by arthritis for half of her life and ended up in a long-term care home for 7 years. My dad's life was 7 years shorter; he was fond of alcohol, cared little about what he ate, never exercised, smoked heavily and died of lung cancer - but he remained independent until the end.

Neither my parents were on any meds until their 70s.

My coworker tested positive last week and lives in a hotspot. He is 20 and was fully against getting a vaccine because he did not trust it.

It's funny how quickly he told me I was right about being vaccinated.

Bring on the vaccine passports, that will send the the people who don't want the vaccine running to the clinics. Once they find out they can't get a job or travel out of country without a vaccine passport.

I fear all the people who don't get vaccinated around the world, will ruin it for the rest of us. As long as COVID is around, it can mutate, and become resistant to current vaccines. Then we have to start all over again...

We may have another nightmare variant to deal with, a "Double mutant" COVID strain has been recently discovered.

From CTV:

AoD
I felt a little guilty after I got my vaccine on Saturday as there were no visibly BIPOC people getting their vaccine, just Internet-savvy white folks like me. But my feeling was that every vaccine is one less person needing one.

From CTV:

AoD
I'm somewhat in this boat. I am not beating down doors to get a vaccination (not that I am quite eligible yet), as I'd feel better if essential workers got it over someone who works from home and doesn't have kids, etc.

Back