News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 456     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

That is true BUT the selection of the high risk Code areas was announced as being based on cases (not projections).

Good point. I just think that perhaps they have reasons we are not aware of when they chose hotspot locations.

Sometimes how things look om paper do not reflect how things play out on the ground. I used to work in Cityplace and I can safely say that it is a fertile breeding ground for outbreaks. It may not look that way on paper but summer is coming and at that point it will be too late.

Please, this is the Ford government, and we have seen evidence of incompetence time and again. They are making things up on the fly. For example,

The fiasco that is the colour coded restriction scheme ought to have taught us a lesson about "making things up on the fly" with respect to this government.

As to competence, well, I think that might just be wishing too much for a government that couldn't even figure out license plates.

AoD

Last edited:
Well, a lot of people don't want the vaccines for a lot of stupid reasons. i bet some of those 10 thousand plus people who tested positive last week, declined to get the vaccine when it was offered to them last month.

Well, a lot of people don't want the vaccines for a lot of stupid reasons. i bet some of those 10 thousand plus people who tested positive last week, declined to get the vaccine when it was offered to them last month.

My coworker tested positive last week and lives in a hotspot. He is 20 and was fully against getting a vaccine because he did not trust it.

It's funny how quickly he told me I was right about being vaccinated.

When I had my Pfizer vaccine at Downsview Area, I made sure NOT to take my daily dose of ASA 81 mg that day and the day before. No alcoholic drinks either, just in case. Went back to my ASA the following day.
IDK if I'm unusual, but when the doctor was about to jab me he asked if I was on any meds and I said no, and he replied, you sure? How unusual is it for your average 50 y/o to be on no meds? Last I checked my blood pressure was 125/79, I don't really exercise much, but try to eat well and take my vitamin D, probiotic and fish oil caps daily. Neither my 48 y/o wife nor my teenage kids are on any meds.

Is it unusual for people not to be on drugs? What meds is everyone else on?

I wasn’t on any meds til I turned 60. My husband still isn’t. I always got the “are you sure” question. My mother was in her 80s before she went on meds

IDK if I'm unusual, but when the doctor was about to jab me he asked if I was on any meds and I said no, and he replied, you sure? How unusual is it for your average 50 y/o to be on no meds? Last I checked my blood pressure was 125/79, I don't really exercise much, but try to eat well and take my vitamin D, probiotic and fish oil caps daily. Neither my 48 y/o wife nor my teenage kids are on any meds.

Is it unusual for people not to be on drugs? What meds is everyone else on?
You can take ASA and other meds AFTER getting the vaccine. Give it about four hours to be sure.

Elective surgery delayed. Admissions postponed.

Hundreds of ICU patients transferred between Ontario hospitals as COVID-19 admissions rise

From link.

During Mike Harris' time, 11,300 hospital beds were cut. 39 hospitals were closed.

Doug Ford wanted to cut more than 20,250 more hospital nurses, health professionals and support staff in three years. That stopped because of COVID-19. For now.

With COVID-19, we need MORE hospitals, hospital beds, and ICUs. They should be there when we need them.

During Mike Harris' time, 11,300 hospital beds were cut. 39 hospitals were closed.
Mike Harris? Wasn’t that 20 years ago? If they’d GAF the Liberals could have reversed those cuts and expanded care. I bet many members here on UT weren’t even teenagers when Harris was Premier. It’s time to find someone else to blame for how things are.

Mike Harris? Wasn’t that 20 years ago? If they’d GAF the Liberals could have reversed those cuts and expanded care. I bet many members here on UT weren’t even teenagers when Harris was Premier. It’s time to find someone else to blame for how things are.

Correct - hospital capacity is an issue, but it wouldn't have mattered in a situation where you have exponential growth of infection - you'd still run out of ICU spaces. There is only one good way out of this - beat the amount of infection down to an absolute minimum while you protect the population by vaccination.

AoD

Back