News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 559     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Canada has a population of 37,984,555, with total COVID-19 cases of 960,117 (3,462 new cases Friday).

Poland has a population of 37,816,127, with total COVID-19 cases of 2,221,725 (31,757 new cases Friday).

Still would like it to get down to zero. In the meantime, no travel for most in the springtime.

Poland reports new daily record of 35,143 coronavirus cases

From link.

Poland reported a record number of coronavirus infections for the third consecutive day on Friday, with 35,143 new cases, health ministry data showed as the country's healthcare system is testing the limits of its capacity.

The government has announced more restrictions on Thursday to curb the surging number of infections.

For world numbers, see link.

While I understand the need for closures there is a delicate balance between health related closures and salons going bankrupt.

You can't close everything forever if you want any semblance of an economy afterwards.
I agree but the way to deal with this is (or was) one longer closure last year of almost everything until cases got so low they could do contact tracing. Of course, Ford (and many other leaders) were impatient to 'open the economy" so case loads never got close to being low enough to contact trace and there was no (or very little) systematic testing in places where people really had to work in close contact. If you have not had a hair cut since mid-October you could probably hang on a few more weeks ....

I havent got cut since mid October. My bangs are so long they are starting to interfere with my vision no matter how I style it.

While I understand the need for closures there is a delicate balance between health related closures and salons going bankrupt.

You can't close everything forever if you want any semblance of an economy afterwards.

I got mine cut last week in Halton Region. My barber is working there until Toronto moves to Red.

I havent got cut since mid October. My bangs are so long they are starting to interfere with my vision no matter how I style it.

So, when will you start to sing...

Still shaving my own head. How I look is the very least of my concerns right now. Although I do wear a ballcap when needed.

I haven’t had a haircut since November or December 2019. I kind of like it. Others have complimented me on it too. Unfortunately it’s still not long enough to donate. Wanted to do some good with it.

I am in favour of salons reopening, if only so John Tory can get his hair cut
Salons, despite close contact, are relatively low traffic establishments and aren't particularly social (unless you're tight with the person cutting your hair). The need for an appointment makes contact tracing incredibly easy. Why places like restaurants have continually received priority over salons is a bit ridiculous. Walking past patios the last week or so it's very clear that either a *lot* of grown adults (beyond millennial age) are living in households of 3-4 roommates or people are just outright lying so they can hang out with friends. My money's undeniably on the latter. It's terribly disappointing and is gonna keep this going so much longer.

Salons, despite close contact, are relatively low traffic establishments and aren't particularly social (unless you're tight with the person cutting your hair). The need for an appointment makes contact tracing incredibly easy. Why places like restaurants have continually received priority over salons is a bit ridiculous. Walking past patios the last week or so it's very clear that either a *lot* of grown adults (beyond millennial age) are living in households of 3-4 roommates or people are just outright lying so they can hang out with friends. My money's undeniably on the latter. It's terribly disappointing and is gonna keep this going so much longer.

That's just it.

At my salon, my mask is on at all times. If my sideburns are cut, the stylist moves back a few feet and I unhook it and hold it against my mouth.

When she's done, the mask is back on properly. There is no unmasking here unlike when you eat on a patio and it's off for an hour in close quarters

Attachments

• AB6DC694-D73B-46EB-B6E4-2C0AD1604FB3.jpeg
    AB6DC694-D73B-46EB-B6E4-2C0AD1604FB3.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 118

It's a good idea BUT it is not ideal for alot people. I went to sign up my father as we live in the east end right behind the Warden Hilltop Community Centre but what I noticed is that you cannot select a specific clinic.

We are close to the Warden Hilltop Community Centre and it would be easy for him to get there in 15 minutes let alone 30, we can get to Michael Garron in about 20 minutes in a pinch as demonstrated by a few rushes to the ER.

Getting to Thorncliffe Park or Jimmy Simpson from our house (even with a car) is cutting it close with 30 minutes notice.

I understand that they are trying to use up the vaccines before they spoil but the four locations are very far apart. I can see alot of people turning this opportunity down because they won't be able to make it to the clinics within 30 minutes.

With us specifically as I stated, it is a crapshoot as to if we can make it and so we opted not to. We would rather book a specific time at a clinic near us than miss an opportunity because we won't get there on time.

This uses up opened supply at the end of the day rather than discard it. Nothing is good for everyone, but this is an excellent way to get more shots in arms and reduce waste.

Back