News   May 08, 2024
 344     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 839     3 
News   May 08, 2024
 502     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I can't wait to see what Christmas and NYE numbers will be. 😟

Sharkawy added the high weekend totals are “almost certainly” a reflection of infections caught during Thanksgiving weekend get-togethers, adding Ontario saw similar increases about two weeks after Mother’s Day and Labour Day.

We won't even need to wait that long. Halloween is coming at the end of this upcoming week. It's inevitable that post-secondary students and adults will have their own parties and gatherings.

Last edited:
Ford should say ok Halton you have 14 days if things are not better you will go back to stage one for 45 days.

I really hate to say this BUT the only effective means of controlling this virus would be to throw the entire province back to stage one and tell all the whining people to stuff it.

Look folks, the regional approach isn't working and the "modified" stages don't do much of anything. Here are my thoughts:

Modified stages

Modified stages do NOTHING to prevent the spread of covid 19. Keeping patios and indoor counter service open just leads to further spread due to the fact people are congregating in close contact. People don't have masks on while eating or in restaurants which makes open patios and counter service just as bad as keeping things open.

Keeping schools open also makes no sense. Kids are crammed in small classrooms and Toronto alone has cases at 151 schools with 245 cases total. Does the government not think these kids will bring the virus home from school?

Keeping malls and large stores open is also a bad idea. I have been to a few malls recently where nobody keeps an eye on the numbers coming in. Stores like wal-mart gave up keeping tabs on the numbers (they no longer have people manning the doors). This just contributes to the spread by putting large numbers of people in a contained space. They need to be closed.

Either close everything or close nothing but when it comes to a highly contagious virus you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Regional approach

Regional approaches are only effective when done properly. Places like Northern and Northwestern Ontario don't need a lockdown because of their limited population but that's not practical elsewhere. Southern, Southwestern and Southeastern Ontario are the densest parts of Canada and Ontario. They need to be treated as their own region for the purposes of a lockdown.

People are so tightly close together in places like Windsor, London, Kingston, Ottawa, GTHA, Niagara and PEC just like Toronto and this needs to be considered if they want to control the spread.

I understand the fact that this will kill alot of jobs and destroy the economy but you can either destroy the economy or you can destroy the virus. Your choice.

I really hate to say this BUT the only effective means of controlling this virus would be to throw the entire province back to stage one and tell all the whining people to stuff it.

Look folks, the regional approach isn't working and the "modified" stages don't do much of anything. Here are my thoughts:

Modified stages

Modified stages do NOTHING to prevent the spread of covid 19. Keeping patios and indoor counter service open just leads to further spread due to the fact people are congregating in close contact. People don't have masks on while eating or in restaurants which makes open patios and counter service just as bad as keeping things open.

Keeping schools open also makes no sense. Kids are crammed in small classrooms and Toronto alone has cases at 151 schools with 245 cases total. Does the government not think these kids will bring the virus home from school?

Keeping malls and large stores open is also a bad idea. I have been to a few malls recently where nobody keeps an eye on the numbers coming in. Stores like wal-mart gave up keeping tabs on the numbers (they no longer have people manning the doors). This just contributes to the spread by putting large numbers of people in a contained space. They need to be closed.

Either close everything or close nothing but when it comes to a highly contagious virus you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Regional approach

Regional approaches are only effective when done properly. Places like Northern and Northwestern Ontario don't need a lockdown because of their limited population but that's not practical elsewhere. Southern, Southwestern and Southeastern Ontario are the densest parts of Canada and Ontario. They need to be treated as their own region for the purposes of a lockdown.

People are so tightly close together in places like Windsor, London, Kingston, Ottawa, GTHA, Niagara and PEC just like Toronto and this needs to be considered if they want to control the spread.

I understand the fact that this will kill alot of jobs and destroy the economy but you can either destroy the economy or you can destroy the virus. Your choice.

But if we keep going down this path of half measures we will be far worse off down the road.

Modified stages

Regional approach

I do agree. Half measures have lead us to this point. Either open it all up or shut it all down. Sick of this nonsense. We either all go down together (because another lockdown would crater our economy..a death blow no doubt) or we LEARN to live with this virus that really has a low death rate. The impact of shutting everything down is felt on all sides. More crime, more COVID-caused deaths, illnesses going undetected, violence up, etc. If I'm going out I'm not going out like this (governent telling me what I need to be doing but unwilling to compensate me for it.

Here they are:

See-you-next-year-Halloween-ontario.ca_-scaled.jpg

No trick-or-treating

Welcome-trick-or-treaters-poster-ontario.ca_-scaled.jpg

Yes trick-or-treating but requires proper face covering

They may actually be kind of helpful. We (royal we) have decided not to play this year and will simply be keeping the house dark (our driveways are too long to make these signs practical). We have a neighbourhood e-mail group and the person that runs it is posting a list of houses that are participating. We don't get many kids in a normal year anyway. Besides, we've already eaten most of the little chocolate bars the missus bought.

We won't even need to wait that long. Halloween is coming at the end of this upcoming week. It's inevitable that post-secondary students and adults will have their own parties and gatherings.

That concerns me more than kids running around. It seems many households that are participating are taking reasonable precautions for door-to-door trick-or-treating and institutions such as schools that would normally host events, are not. It's the stupid parties with so-called mature adults that will ruin it for everybody.

Last edited:
They may actually be kind of helpful. We (royal we) have decided not to play this year and will simply be keeping the house dark (our driveways are too long to make these signs practical). We have a neighbourhood e-mail group and the person that runs it is posting a list of houses that are participating. We don't get many kids in a normal year anyway. Besides, we've already eaten most of the little chocolate bars the missus bought.

I wish there is a way to make up for some of the kids who doesn't get candies or whatnot otherwise because of family financial difficulties.

AoD

In our neighbourhood, there are some people who are hand delivering treats to kids ahead of time because they will "be dark" for Hallowe'en. I know of a number of families who are doing indoor scavenger hunts with their kids and having a scary movie marathon.

I do agree. Half measures have lead us to this point. Either open it all up or shut it all down. Sick of this nonsense. We either all go down together (because another lockdown would crater our economy..a death blow no doubt) or we LEARN to live with this virus that really has a low death rate. The impact of shutting everything down is felt on all sides. More crime, more COVID-caused deaths, illnesses going undetected, violence up, etc. If I'm going out I'm not going out like this (governent telling me what I need to be doing but unwilling to compensate me for it.

Shutting down while would hurt GTA and Ottawa they could bounce back in a few years but it would have long lasting impacts in Southern Ontario and the Ottawa Valley.

Shutting down while would hurt GTA and Ottawa they could bounce back in a few years but it would have long lasting impacts in Southern Ontario and the Ottawa Valley.

There is no one solution that works for everyone but the fact is if we don't do something we are all f***ed.

There is no one solution that works for everyone but the fact is if we don't do something we are all f***ed.

I think if Ford comes out this week and says the GTA & Ottawa and area will be going into a complete shut down for 2 weeks we will see cases drop big time.

I think if Ford comes out this week and says the GTA & Ottawa and area will be going into a complete shut down for 2 weeks we will see cases drop big time.
That’s assuming anything gets enforced. Some people are stupid and selfish. Others are just tired. Will people put up with another complete shutdown or will they continue to do whatever they want?

Back