News   May 03, 2024
 802     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 511     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 251     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

My point is, if we get 1B positive test cases, there will be billions more who will have contracted the virus and not been tested (either due to asymptomatic presentation or lack of testing availability). If/when worldometers hits a billion cases this thing is nearly over.

Ontario is reporting 827 cases of #COVID19. Locally, there are 355 new cases in Toronto, 169 in Peel, 89 in York Region and 58 in Ottawa. There are 691 more resolved cases and over 23,900 tests completed.

Look at how low that testing number is.............

Anyone know what is going on with testing? We have been seeing more and more instances of very low results coming out.

I think immunity is one of the big questions. The end point to the pandemic seems more-and-more like an announcement on the battleship and a gradual return to normal as people just regain their confidence to go about their business. Covid-19 just keeps circulating for decades and becomes cold-and-flu background noise as the mortality and hospitalization rates converge with other serious but common respiratory viruses.

PinkLucy, back-to-school rush isn't over it's just that the policies have changed so kids are just going to daycare and school with minor cold-and-flu symptoms that weren't allowed in September. Asymptomatic siblings used to be barred if their brother or sister had symptoms so everyone would have to get a test. Now a sibling of a sick kid can still go to school.

The Premier was in Brampton today, announcing new hospital capacity; and implicitly, if not explicitly suggesting this was new and related to Covid.

CBC's Mike Crawley with a Twitter thread w/that isn't even remotely true.

This is the annual flu-season funding for 'surge' beds in hospitals, no different than last year, or the year before; under Ford and Wynne before that.

I think runny nose and sniffles (cold-like symptoms) have been generally recognized as not typically Covid symptoms.

Look at how low that testing number is.............

Is that number reflective of low testing or low results reporting (i.e. backlog). I know there is likely an easy answer, I'm just lazy today. :( Previous government guidelines to reduce testing of asymptomatic people might have a lot to do with it.

no donuts today - we had two new cases and two deaths. The new cases are linked to existing outbreaks and were already quarantined.

BUT I CAN NOW GO TO THE PUB *punches air*

Topic that came to mind today is snow clearing. I wonder if all these closed up businesses downtown in areas without city run snow clearing will have anyone around who cares enough to clear the snow at their doorstep for those who still have to go out? It's not like the City actually has ever taken action against the serial offenders who never clear the snow anyway.

Topic that came to mind today is snow clearing. I wonder if all these closed up businesses downtown in areas without city run snow clearing will have anyone around who cares enough to clear the snow at their doorstep for those who still have to go out? It's not like the City actually has ever taken action against the serial offenders who never clear the snow anyway.

I would think the responsibility revert to the owner?

AoD

Back