Ninety Condos, The (Harhay Construction) - Real Estate -

I was reading the article the feature article about The Ninety at: http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2012/04/harhay-construction-tops-ninety-lofts-broadview and I noticed there is a big difference in the first two photos. There are cement walls extending out to the edge of the building on the 5th floor north side of the building (first photo) but in the model there are partitions between each of the terraces (second photo).

At first I thought that perhaps this was to run the gas bbq lines, but there are not cement walls between each of the terraces. Does anyone happen to know why the builder did this? Its going to be very unfortunate for those that bought on the north side and were hoping to get at least a bit of the afternoon sun. It's going to be very difficult with 9 foot walls now.

Attachments

• TheNinety_North_Model.jpg
    TheNinety_North_Model.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 371
  • TheNinety_North.jpg
    TheNinety_North.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 365
Update from builder.....

...Further to Section 14 of the Purchase and Sale Agreements, we are pleased to confirm to our
purchasers the following Confirmed Closing Dates for occupancy:
Ground floor and Mezzanine September 17, 2012
Floors 2 to 5 October 1, 2012
Floors 6 and 7 October 15, 2012
Floors 8 and 9 November 1, 2012
In our next update, we will inform you of the PDI (pre-Delivery Inspection) procedures and will
offer advice on the move-in experience, your preparations required, and suggestions to make
your move as smooth as possible.

So given that the building is scheduled for occupancy starting on September 15th... should there not be an update to confirm things? Has anyone heard from the builder on anything since May?

There will be a 2-week delay from the previous confirmed dates, for instance floor 6 is now November 1st. instead of October 15th. An update is being sent out today in the mail

Well its official... got the registered letter today and occupancy has been delayed by two weeks due to elevator issues.

Nice to see they give lots of advanced notice on the delay.

Has anyone received the call or done their pre-delivery inspection yet? How did your inspection go?
I'm guessing it should be happening soon with the first round of occupancy starting in 2 weeks.

i'm not a fan of the exposed concrete .... just too much of it - ceiling, pillars, and walls.
the colour tone of the wood/laminate flooring appears too close to gray (at least in the pics) so that doesn't help either.

Exposed concrete walls look really nice with a finished smooth white ceilings, but both ceilings and walls in exposed concrete... I think it is too much

has anyone's PDI been delayed passed the occupancy date?

I'm on the 7th, scheduled for Nov 1 occupancy, haven't had my PDI yet (or contacted to book a PDI).

any other owners of the project? my deficiencey list is 4 pages long..... very disapointed at this stage of ownership.

any other owners of the project? my deficiencey list is 4 pages long..... very disapointed at this stage of ownership.

I had 5 pages and had the same feeling as you at the beginning, and I had this romanticised vision that everything would be perfect for my PDI and move-in. Overall though, when I sat back and really looked at the list most of it was cosmetic quick fixes (nicks/scratches, cabinet kickplates not installed yet, etc). Which floor are you on? Have you moved in yet?

Since I moved in a couple weeks ago, they've completed almost everything on my PDI list. I emailed any additional things I noticed to the email address of the dev team that they give you at your PDI, and I cross out off the PDI list the things that have been completed (makes me feel better :) . The build supervisors literally print out the emails you send and prioritize the extra work for the trades each day after regular construction tasks are done. There is also a small crew that goes around to each unit with the PDI lists and does the items that are handiwork/touchups.

I've found that if you're nice and friendly (but consistant in follow-up) that things get done quickly, and well. The builder wants to be done as much as we want them to be done....I don't think either of us want to spend Christmas together ;)

Back