Ninety Condos, The (Harhay Construction) - Real Estate -

We're still hoping for the possibility of adding one in after move in - hooking into the existing gas line. I'm sure that will have to go through the condo board for approval - but maybe if enough of us want them????

I think that adding a gas fireplace would be very dangerous. First you would have to access the gas riser in your suite and then you would need to vent the fumes somehow, and given that the building will be up, you probably won't have any vents in your windows to exhaust through. There is usually a pretty good reason developpers do not allow these fireplaces, usually the only units given the option are on the top floors, so that they can be vented directly through the roof.

Article in the Toronto Star today that mentions The Ninety, and occupancy.... (not sure where they got the info)

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/966028--condos-on-the-market

4. THE NINETY: 90 Broadview Ave. south of Queen St. E. Builder: Harhay Construction Management Ltd. A nine-storey building with 222 units. Prices: $341,900 for 777 sq. ft. to $644,900 for 1,240 sq. ft. Fees: 41 cents per sq. ft., plus heat and hydro. Amenities: meeting room/party room. Sales: 80 per cent sold. Status: under construction. Occupancy: summer 2012. Sales centre: 90 Broadview Ave., 416-489-8070, www.theninety.ca

Good question. That last occupancy date I got was Dec 2010. I don't see much going on with the dig anymore. I assume they are waiting for something.

Spring 2012 is totally unrealistic, I think November-December 2012 is a good estimate

What do you base "totally unrealistic" on? Could you give us your "mental calculations" of why Nov-Dec 2012 sounds more realistic? Sounds like you may know something about construction of this type of building... eg. 4 months for below grade + X weeks per floor x 13 floors (9 on south side and 4 on north side), X months for completing interiors, etc...

Website update today:

"Given the delays noted above, we trust Purchasers understand and expect that the occupancy date needs to be amended. Accordingly, we need to amend the Tentative Closing Date for the project to September 1, 2012. Pursuant to Section 14 (c) of the Purchase and Sale Agreement, we are required to give you written notice of this revised Tentative Closing Date and do so herein. On topping off the roof, we will notify purchasers of the Confirmed Closing Date. The notice will be at least 120 days prior to occupancy."

Tentative Closing Date for the project September 1, 2012 - does anyone know how this should be interpreted? Is this when the first units will be moving in, or is it when everyone is moved in and the building is registered?

Likely means you will be moving sometime after... you won't know for sure until the building gets closer to completion but it won't be before sept 2012.

I'm happy to hear there's an update! I don't think any of us are surprised by the date change, just eager for it to come soon - at least now we know and have something to look forward to.

Woohooo! Got the call today for the finishings appointment, bookings are starting the week of July 11! Sounds like the North building will be the first to move in, starting with the 5th floor. I chose to make my appointment for August, but would love to hear the experiences of anyone who has their appointments in July. Thanks!

I had my finishes appointment yesterday. It went good. They do not have many standard and upgrade options but the ones that they have are very nice and good quality. It seems like everybody is choosing what was standard in the model suite, the dark floor, the grey cabinets with the white gloss upper cabinets. The white gloss upper cabinets is an upgrade but it is not that expensive, it depends on the size of the kitchen. In my case my kitchen is small so this upgrade was only $265 plus hst. I also added a kitchen breakfast bar to the island for $469. I also upgraded the backsplash to glass for $328, this is a good upgrade as the standard backsplash is not that good. The bathroom floor tile are 12"x24", they have 2 options, a glossy tile an a matte tile, the best is the gloosy one. the tiles for the main bath tub surround are small, I think 3"x6", I went for an upgrade for $552. I ended paying $1800 for upgrades (upper kitchen cabinets, backsplash, breakfast bar and bathroom tile), which I think it is not too bad, upgrade prices are very reasonable. I got the upgraded kitchen appliances package when I signed up for the unit so I got a Bosch dishwasher with same cabinets panel, a GE 24" 12CU, a AEG 30" gas cooktop, a AEG 24" wall oven, a AIRMEC chimney hood and a Panasonic Microwave 1.6 CU. They look stunning.

Thanks for the info Carturo15, sounds like it was quite successful for you! I wasn't offered or aware of an upgraded kitchen appliances package when I purchased....was this a short-term incentive to sell more units, or perhaps it was just available on the smaller units? (I bought a 1+den with terrace). Couple of questions - Do you happen to have a copy of the price list for the appliances from your meeting? Was there an option of closet organizers or roller blinds too? Thanks!

Thanks for the info Carturo15, sounds like it was quite successful for you! I wasn't offered or aware of an upgraded kitchen appliances package when I purchased....was this a short-term incentive to sell more units, or perhaps it was just available on the smaller units? (I bought a 1+den with terrace). Couple of questions - Do you happen to have a copy of the price list for the appliances from your meeting? Was there an option of closet organizers or roller blinds too? Thanks!

I purchased my unit in fall 2009, there were good incentives by that time. I did not get a price list for the appliances, since the upgraded package was already included with my unit so I did not have to check the price list or upgrades list for appliances. there is an option for closet organizers from California Closets, it depends on the size of the closet. I was quoted for my bedroom closet $1,674 in basic white and $2,138 in Milano Grey. For the entrance closet it was $616 in white and $880 in grey. I did not take any of these options. You can find it cheaper after you move in. As per the roller blinds, there was also an option, it was like $2,200 for my unit.. too expensive I think. Closets and blinds is something that you can do after you move in at a cheaper price. I think the kitchen and bathroom upgrades are the most important to consider

Last edited:

Back