Ninety Condos, The (Harhay Construction) - Real Estate -

Thanks so much for posting this celestia - I feel much calmer now! We too have over 100 deficiencies, some of which at this point are preventing us from moving in. Just curious who it is you were following up with (in a friendly and consistent way - thanks for this advice!).

I live in this building. The building is great, nice finishes. They are still finishing the building and we are still dealing with deficiencies, but I guess that is normal with any new building on downtown. What I love the most is the location, it's quiet, with some good coffees, restaurants and bars close by. Streetcar in the corner. the exit to the HWY is just 2 blocks away. a big 24 hour convenience store in the corner. close to loblaws, canadiantire, home depot, beer store, etc. you can walk to the distillery district. I really think this is an excellent location and great building

Any The Ninety purchaser in this forum? I got the final statement of adjustments from my lawyer. What a rip-off, $12,000 in adjustments for a single 1 bedroom unit under 600 sq ft. $4,700 for developments charges, $2,300 for park levy ($850,000 for the entire project), $1,000 for section 37 planning act ($350.000 for the project), $600 to discharge the builder`s mortgages, etc, etc. unbelievable! I don`t want to know how much are the adjustments for those people who got the bigger units in the building, maybe $20-$25k just in adjustments

Any The Ninety purchaser in this forum? I got the final statement of adjustments from my lawyer. What a rip-off, $12,000 in adjustments for a single 1 bedroom unit under 600 sq ft. $4,700 for developments charges, $2,300 for park levy ($850,000 for the entire project), $1,000 for section 37 planning act ($350.000 for the project), $600 to discharge the builder`s mortgages, etc, etc. unbelievable! I don`t want to know how much are the adjustments for those people who got the bigger units in the building, maybe $20-$25k just in adjustments

I think at this point since closing costs are starting to get out of hand..something needs to be done. Build the price into the condo or notify the purchaser beforehand. It's one giant rip-off.

Did you put caps in? I put caps in mine and came up to around the same (diff project). Then add double land transfer (another joke) and lawyer fees and I was at $20K to close my condo. Compare that to the $6K I needed to close another condo 3 1/2 years ago. Oh, just to make you feel better, my neighbors who didn't have caps had to shell out $26K for a 650 sqft condo. It's one giant joke. At least you have a nice building though. Mine has several unfixable problems. Gotta love it.

Those closing costs sound crazy. Is this common for all units at The Ninety?

I am interested in getting one of the under 500 sq feet units at this location, but with the extra $20K in closing costs - I have to rethink this.

More info, experience about this please.

I am interested in getting one of the under 500 sq feet units at this location, but with the extra $20K in closing costs - I have to rethink this.

High closing costs seem to be the norm. Mine were close to $20K (different project). Builders seem to be doing this now. They kill you at closing. Purchasing new construction is one giant money pit.

iceman416 the building is now registered and turned over. If you bought now you wouldn't have the same closing costs as those who bought pre-construction. I personally did buy pre-con but had a good real estate agent, and lawyer. I had a cap with pretty much everything included in it. If I take out lawyer fees, CMHC mortage insurance (as I put only 15% down) and land transfer tax, my actual final closing costs that weren't included in my cap were less than 1% of my purchase price which is quite reasonable.

If you buy pre-consturction - People need to stop blaming the builder and ensure they hire good people for the biggest purchase you'll probably make in your life. Read your puchase agreement start to finish, ask questions, and get a CAP! If you're not comforable with something, thats what the 10 day "cold feet" clause is for - get out then.

I'm really happy with my purchase - it's a fabulous building with a great builder who really cares about the end product.

I'm thinking of looking for a place here. Would like to know from residents what the place is like. It looks nice but what are the issues (if any) with this building? How is the management, board and the soundproofing as well.

Back