News   Jul 26, 2024
 809     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Smitherman's list revealed today, by the auditor general. See all those consultants, those are the donors.

No doubt this is the reason why he will not (can not) release the list before election day. His chances of winning would be sunk. He knows that he can get away with keeping secrets. Thats how the Liberals work. For example they already know how much hydro rates will have to increase to pay for George Smithermans $10 BILLION SAMSUNG BOONDOGGLE (http://viewsfromscience.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-mcguintys-plan-will-cost-you.html ) but McGuinty is keeping this information secret until after the next provincial election.

And we let them get away with it.

Last edited:
The misplaced commas say you're right.

Actually, no, I found out as follows. Look at this thread:

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?14581-the-rent-is-too-high

Simple Man posts, I respond in argument and lordmandeep posts in response to me. But he responds as if he had already posted in the thread, when it was his first post in said thread. Looks like someone inadvertently signed off from Simple Man and logged into their old account. Pretty shameful stuff to make a dupe account. I think he might really be a paid Ford supporter. Bannable offense?

adma

I have no intention of browsing through a 101 page thread so I can get a "sense" of how the forum works. I'm sorry that when you were my age you couldn't wait to grow up and become one the the big boys who thinks he can call people who think for thesmelves "twerps", but you don't have to take it out on me. Based on the comments posted on your wall, I can see you have had this kind of problem for a while now. I'm going no where buddy.

I am a latte-sipping lobbyist with a deep and sincere love for gravy and also the word 'boondoggle.' Which of these 'Smithermen' should I vote for?

This thread is making the 13-year-olds in the "New Subway Cars" thread look mature.

adma

I have no intention of browsing through a 101 page thread so I can get a "sense" of how the forum works. I'm sorry that when you were my age you couldn't wait to grow up and become one the the big boys who thinks he can call people who think for thesmelves "twerps", but you don't have to take it out on me. Based on the comments posted on your wall, I can see you have had this kind of problem for a while now. I'm going no where buddy.

Why don't you just take a look? Really, I can't stress it enough that throwing insults (veiled and implicit) at each other will definitely not make this debate any better.

Last edited:
Why don't you just take a look? Really, I can't stress it enough that throwing insults (veiled and implicit) at each other will definitely not make this debate any better.

Hey man, I signed up for this site because I wanted to talk about issues in the city, public transport and get advice on livign conditions so I can eventually move in town. All of a sudden I am called names and told I am to immature to discuss topics like this? I thought I stressed it enough times, i'm not here for personal arguments I'm here to discuss issues regarding the city. And yes, the past 20 minutes I changed my mind and having been browsing through about 25 pages.

adma

But you know something--pound for pound, the Miscellany thread is probably the most fabled, enlightening, and transcendent of all in UT. You know why? Because it isn't bogged down by all these dreary political morasses--instead, it's about Toronto, photographically, past and present. And it spawned others like it within its forum--all equally transcendent.

So, if you want to get an ergonomic, sensual, practically erotic feel of UT at its best--go to that thread. Absorb yourself into it.

Otherwise, when you say "I'm going no where buddy", it isn't relative to myself, personally. It's relative to the heart and soul of UT. So, if you're "going no where buddy", then...amscray. Being 19 and "thinking for yourself" is no excuse for thuggish incuriosity.

Hey man, I signed up for this site because I wanted to talk about issues in the city, public transport and get advice on livign conditions so I can eventually move in town.

And, guess what--the magic of threads like "Miscellany" is that they help acclimatize you to the richness of Toronto's past and present. So, it's a terrific way to fall in love with the depth and breadth of Toronto, so you can eventually move in with a fair degree of sensitivity. Treat Toronto the way you'd treat a lover--not a hooker; and threads like that can be your Kama Sutra. The way you're going about it now, though, I fear that I'm probably more correspondingly sensitive to Brampton (and even the suburban parts!) than you are. Maybe when it comes to the eroticism of urbanity, you're just a lousy lay.

Oh, and calm down with the "hey man" and "buddy". It's crude.

So you are part of the heart and soul of this forum? You fully understand everything that goes on here? Because you hardly get off you're computer Mr.9000 posts you think that you are one of those experienced members who demands people become the "heart and soul" of the site? Meanwhile I see people hurling insults at you for the exact same reason why I have complained about you, Mr. Urban Toronto police constable? Anyways, I will not reply to this guy anymore. I'm here to discuss issues that pertain to my hometown, not to fight with people who have personal issues they need to resolve instead of taking out on kids like me who are actually willing to become a part of mainstream society, using their heads to vote and want to be independant.

It's been lost in the thread melee; but somehow, I smell a possible ban in that "big bald gay queen" line...
So you're allowed to call Ford a 'fat fuck' but I can't call Smitherman a bald queen?

I smell hypocrisy.. Btw I'm gay, and I think he's an annoying queen. Deal with it.

You smell a ban, I smell your bullshit.:)

Last edited:
So you're allowed to call Ford a 'fat fuck' but I can't call Smitherman a bald queen?

I smell hypocrisy.. Btw I'm gay, and I think he's an annoying queen. Deal with it.

You smell a ban, I smell your bullshit.:)

You have to be insane to think Smitherman is a queen. As a gay man myself, he's probably one of the butchest gay men I've ever met. Every straight person I talk to says that "He doesn't look gay!" Everyone thought Rocco Rossi and/or Giambrone were more gay in this election. Not that these are negative traits, but get your facts straight. Ford might = fat fuck, well, because he is fat.

You should get your definition of queen straight, hunny.

Back