News   Jul 30, 2024
 644     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 612     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

How is Rossi hurting Ford? Rossi doesn't have any support.

I guess Rossi is hurting Ford in the sense that he's very good at making Ford say dumb things in debates, and I do sort of wonder if this poll will cause him to start hammering on Smitherman again.

(I think a lot of Rossi's supporters are unlikely to go to Ford, as much as some have been banging that drum. They're hard-right Liberals, and Ford isn't playing to that. Smitherman has been making room for them in his platform, though, with some of his 'war on waste' stuff.)

OMG, This is crazy!! Go Smitherman!! He's clearly the only one who can beat Ford. Pantalone really has to give up and throw his support behind Smitherman. Rossi's 3% could potentially go to Ford anyways...

I wouldn't be surprised if Smitherman and Rossi have an agreement in place that the best way to beat Ford is for Rossi to stay in the race until the end, siphon votes away from Ford, and act as an attack dog against Ford.

I'm cautiously optimistic that Smitherman will be our next Mayor.

1 - Ford has been dropping steadily over the past month while Smitherman has spectacular momentum. For Ford to win, Smitherman would have to stonewall, while Ford would have to reverse his losing pattern.

2 - Pants 15% would never go to Ford. Rossi's 4% could, but not all of it. If the voting population moves to the front runners, I think Smitherman has more to gain.

I think a 1-on-1 debate between Ford and Smitherman would finish off Mr.DecoLables.

Well I made the right choice today when I voted for Smitherman according to that poll. It was nice and easy to vote at City Hall for the advance voting. I was pleased at that.

Finally a poll and finally a positive result. I wish they would release them more often, 3 per week would be nice. I can't believe Rossi only has 3% and that the undecideds are still so high. Also, 15% for Pants seems pretty high. I hope he doesn't end up with more than 10%...

Finally a poll and finally a positive result. I wish they would release them more often, 3 per week would be nice. I can't believe Rossi only has 3% and that the undecideds are still so high. Also, 15% for Pants seems pretty high. I hope he doesn't end up with more than 10%...

I would say that at least 1 in 3 Pantalone voters were only holding on to hope that he could win. I'm one those. We won't sit back and watch Miller's legacy destroyed by Ford, even if it means voting against Joe.

Now that we know where this election is headed and that Joe doesn't have a chance (he'd have to DOUBLE his support in 12 days), many Pants supporters just got the permission to abandon him for Smitherman.

With a quarter still undecided and Ford in a statistical tie, I'd say the odds favour Smitherman. I don't think most undecideds are likely waffling between Ford and another candidate, but between the centrists...

I think Smitherman's lead will begin to look clear this week. Another poll is coming out tomorrow. If 2 polls show Smitherman in the lead, then we might have a new leader.

This couldn't have come at a better time for Smitherman. He's no longer the incumbent leader. He's the come from behind challenger and people like to root for the under dog. He also has the bandwagon effect going in his favour. People like to back a winner and Ford is beginning to look like a loser. This is all happening when most people who will vote are actually paying attention. I can see Smitherman siphoning some of Pants' numbers by next week.

It was quite an exciting day, for sure.

Those of you discouraging cockiness are right, though. I fully expect this election to go down to the wire. The "likely voters" option, with Smitherman clearly in the leader, is certainly encouraging, though.

That's why you are more likely see me knocking on your door canvassing over the next few weeks than posting on this forum ;)

Back