News   Jul 24, 2024
 234     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 763     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 555     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

How is it that Rossi can state that he's the only candidate with a plan to build transit? Is it even legal to blatantly lie in a campaign ad like that? It's not that there's a grey zone here. All the other candidates have plans, some of them even more detailed and researched than his.

He may be hoping that "plan" is vague enough that he could argue "only candidate with a plan" means "only candidate with a sensible plan" - ie, he sets the conditions by which he determines he's the only person with a plan (ie, a bad plan is not a plan). Or he may be hoping that no one really cares or no one will challenge him. That sometimes happens.

If you want to screw him over, contact the Advertising Standards Canda and they'll put the kibosh on it. The ASC will pretty much crush any ad that a handful of people seriously complain about.

He's a lawyer--obviously, he's gonna support the police over a mob of scary anarchists that threaten middle class lifestyles.

I'm not sure 'scary anarchists' is the correct term...I'm thinking 'childish douche-nozzles'. Or maybe some combination of misguided, cowardly, selfish, moronic, disorganized, hypocritical, delusional, etc...

He may be hoping that "plan" is vague enough that he could argue "only candidate with a plan" means "only candidate with a sensible plan" - ie, he sets the conditions by which he determines he's the only person with a plan (ie, a bad plan is not a plan). Or he may be hoping that no one really cares or no one will challenge him. That sometimes happens.

If you want to screw him over, contact the Advertising Standards Canda and they'll put the kibosh on it. The ASC will pretty much crush any ad that a handful of people seriously complain about.

is it just me, or are his ads getting worse and worse?

AkmFq.jpg

^ Nope.. getting worse:

screenshot20100701at114.png

Then again, he has a point. Let's make this campaign about the issues! David Miller's hair stole the election spotlight in 2003!

How is Rossi allowed to get away with this?

screenshot20100630at529.png

It's a blatant lie. Anybody paying any attention to this campaign so far will know or can easily find out that this campaign ad is 100% false.

Pantalone has arguably the most detailed, researched and funded plan to build transit: Transit City!

Thomson has a very reasonable and doable plan to build transt.

All the other candidates have announced their intentions and their plans to build transit.

How is it that Rossi can state that he's the only candidate with a plan to build transit? Is it even legal to blatantly lie in a campaign ad like that? It's not that there's a grey zone here. All the other candidates have plans, some of them even more detailed and researched than his.

What lala land do you live in?

Pantalone's plan has gone up in smoke with the 4 billion dollar withdrawal
Planning = financial planning also... which this government continues to ignore
THomson?.... I commend her for putting that stuff out there. but the 900 extra dollars for drivers /communters... You really think people will be able swallow that bill?

Oh! .... also just found out....

CIty hall has been taking WAY TOO MUCH 'grease' money....

30k to start for ttc projects under 10 million... otherwise, you don't even get the option to RFP...

yes, naive people will say proof etcetc... speak to anyone that does business with the city....

even more reason for term limits for councillors

Yes he could. Giambrone simply chose to exit politics. I hope that Tory or Rocco A. takes Mammoliti's debate chair.

A brave captain goes down with his ship, a coward jumps on the back of a garbage truck and flees.

Oh well, two down, four to go.

Good. Less of a distraction. Maybe the media will allow another fringe candidate like Rocco D. to get some of the spotlight now.

The election is not that far away now that I think of it. We're already over the hump of 2010. Maybe the polls will start to show more conviction in people's choices for Mayor. As the undecided numbers move to candidates, the picture will start to become clear and perhaps both Rocco and Thomson will be relegated to hopeless single digits and the media will narrow the field.

Hopefully we can keep Ford in the race long enough to make it impossible for him to run for councillor if/when his poll numbers fizzle.

It's pretty unfair to them I think. Mammoliti got the benefit of media exposure dedicated to Mayoral candidates and will now run for a much easier post where his opponents didn't get the same opportunity.

It's pretty unfair to them I think. Mammoliti got the benefit of media exposure dedicated to Mayoral candidates and will now run for a much easier post where his opponents didn't get the same opportunity.

Agreed... There definately should be a rule that once you throw your name in the mayoral race, you can't run for councillor.

THe free media and exposure he received, it's pretty certain he will win his seat with ease.

I wonder if Joe Pantalone will drop out and run for Council - rumblings I hear is that his campaign is having difficulty raising the neccessary money to run a full mayoral campaign. And with the weak sentiment, and really only the hardcore dippers supporting, his campaign is quickly fizzling. It's really only a small group in the core that he can rely on. At the age of 57, it's a little early to retire.

Last edited:
THe free media and exposure he received, it's pretty certain he will win his seat with ease.
He always seems to win his seat with ease. 63% in 2006; he was acclaimed in 2003, about 75% in 2000.

He'd have probably have won anyway. I'd argue the opposite actually ... there's been enough exposure on him to show how foolish he is, that it might actually hurt him! I'd be surprised if he doesn't still win though!

Back