News   Jul 15, 2024
 336     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 501     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 556     0 

Museum Station

Wow, great job ttc. I'm so glad I supported this from the beginning. Those spots are fantastic and remind me of my 1985 basement.

What a piece of garbage! Also, how many on this board were supportive of the ttc renovating other stations. How could people not think this was going to turn out garbage from the start. Can't wait to see the damage they do to the next 2 stations.

1) The hanging security camera is surely an indicator that roofing will be installed isn't it?

I don't think we're seeing a new ceiling above the tracks, but I hope we'll see one between the columns. I also wonder if OneStop will be installing its telescreens.

3) What is going on with the bare walls painted to match the panels? It looks like they ran out of panels and cheaped out.

I think those are for worker safety - they are nudges in the wall for workers at track level to squeeze into. I bet we'll see the yellow cage thingies you see elsewhere installed in front.

I don't think we're seeing a new ceiling above the tracks, but I hope we'll see one between the columns. I also wonder if OneStop will be installing its telescreens.

Ceiling on the Platform only if it happens. Onestop is to install one screen in the centre of the platform at the north end.

I think those are for worker safety - they are nudges in the wall for workers at track level to squeeze into. I bet we'll see the yellow cage thingies you see elsewhere installed in front.

They are for add from what I have been told so far as there is only a 4" cut in the wall area. If it is for the safety cage, that a tight spot.

The hanging security camera are to be replace with new smaller camera that are in place. They are at the ends of the platform.

Ceiling on the Platform only if it happens. Onestop is to install one screen in the centre of the platform at the north end.

They are for add from what I have been told so far as there is only a 4" cut in the wall area. If it is for the safety cage, that a tight spot.

The hanging security camera are to be replace with new smaller camera that are in place. They are at the ends of the platform.

i'm really disappointed in this "renovation". it could've been a really nice station if it turned out like the rendering. but unfortuently, we all know that sometimes projects don't turn out the way they are planned. i'm actually hoping this will get a lot of bad media attention so that they can actually make an effort on the other station renovations.

Wow, great job ttc. I'm so glad I supported this from the beginning. Those spots are fantastic and remind me of my 1985 basement.

What a piece of garbage! Also, how many on this board were supportive of the ttc renovating other stations. How could people not think this was going to turn out garbage from the start. Can't wait to see the damage they do to the next 2 stations.

Yeah, wow, I was expecting it to f__king blow, but not to really f__king blow. I guess only two things are limitless: human stupidity and the incompetence of the TTC.

Yeah that ceiling really is bad. And I agree the panels are pretty awful. And so is the placing of the station names. About the only good thing is the large MUSEUM with hieroglyphs. And possibly the colums, but we'll have to wait and see for them. If this is the shape of things to come, leave St. Patrick alone. I love the look of St. Patrick. I love that it's GREEN!

We have ran short on money and to finish off the station, cut back have to take place.

We will not be ready for the April date as plan.

Ceiling not painted

Not enough room to put safety frames even with the 4" indent in the wall.

March 22-08
New security camera and hope that conduit line get remove, otherwise it will look out of place.
2353348957_c7985fd4e3.jpg

Anchors for new light fixtures that will be closer to the ceiling.
2353348917_397e46a44b.jpg

If this bracket is for the guard at the DWA, it is in the wrong location.
2353348899_5741475d32.jpg

New light fixtures
2354180364_e8c97aecf9.jpg

Shows the new light fitures and elevation of existing ones. Also, the lights for the DWA are still off after 2 weeks.
2354180338_888436427b.jpg

South end make over and no more yellow tiles. It looks good. Even the Jail bars got painted.
2353348823_fc04ef2775.jpg

Need to paint the top of the pipe as you can see the dirt.
2353348797_2cc550938d.jpg

South end with new security camera waiting for hookup.
2353348767_f037759fdf.jpg

South end with make over.
2354180218_5dfcf8d175.jpg

Jail bars makeover.
2353348705_b89fbd233e.jpg

I think people here are being a bit hard on the station. I passed through there last weekend for the first time in years and thought it looked sharp. The cutout letters on the wall are fantastic. One of the pillars was uncovered from halfway up, and it looked really cool. People were crowding around photographing it.

Yes, some of the walls are just painted concrete. Yes, there is still some dirt on the pipes and lower walls. But it's a subway station: it's subjected to millions of feet, the elements, and the dust and grit churned up by subway cars. It looks fine. The important thing to me is that it be reasonably easy to keep up. Whether they make the effort going forward to keep the station clean and repaint when needed will be the big question.

We should be harsh on this station. It is this kind of attitude which only goes to show what is wrong with the majority of people in this city. We should demand better instead of making excuses.

If there is a shortage of money to complete a project, why bother starting? Why ruin a station that was working and looking fine in the first place to replace it with something half-assed.

If there is a shortage of money to complete a project, why bother starting? Why ruin a station that was working and looking fine in the first place to replace it with something half-assed.

I'd say that Museum Station probably wouldn't have had a makeover if the crystal was never built. Why ruin a Museum that was working and looking fine and replace it with a half-assed crystal?

Back