News   Jul 15, 2024
 457     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 565     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

Museum Station

i was also thinking this. once the whole station is done and the ceiling is all nice, they're going to rip it up, put in the screens and try to patch it up half assed.

If the ceiling is a panel-type ceiling it might be better to install the screens afterwards. That way it is just drilling holes through the panels for the supports, and not cutting large slots to allow the panels to be slid in around the supports.

I haven't been to the ROM (I know, shame on me but I've only been here 4 years :D ) - but is there a lot of Chinese, Egyptian stuff there? I would have thought an Ontario museum station should showcase Ontario history...

Welcome to the Land of No Self-Identity, Culture or Heritage.

Ontario essentially defines itself by what it is not- anti-American, anti-French, anti-unilateral- as such antithetical norms dictate that we've expropiated these other nationalities as our own and alotted a generation of hyphenated Canadians (Chinese-Canadian, Egyptian-Canadian, etc.)

Welcome to the Land of No Self-Identity, Culture or Heritage.

Ontario essentially defines itself by what it is not- anti-American, anti-French, anti-unilateral- as such antithetical norms dictate that we've expropiated these other nationalities as our own and alotted a generation of hyphenated Canadians (Chinese-Canadian, Egyptian-Canadian, etc.)

I'm sorry, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. While it may well be true, this has nothing to do with why the ROM displays ancient Egyptian mummies or ancient Chinese artwork.

I haven't been to the ROM (I know, shame on me but I've only been here 4 years ) - but is there a lot of Chinese, Egyptian stuff there? I would have thought an Ontario museum station should showcase Ontario history...

The ROM Chinese collection is reputed to be one of the best outside China.

AoD

I'm sorry, but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. While it may well be true, this has nothing to do with why the ROM displays ancient Egyptian mummies or ancient Chinese artwork.

If we didn't have have ancient Egyptian and Chinese samples he would have declared it as being a sign of an insular society who doesn't appreciate other cultures.

Update:

The north end of the platform (stairs) has been painted to match the wall paneling on the track side. (looks like paint anyway)

South end stairs currently primed and waiting to be painted.

Spot lights have been installed and are now shining on the covered pillars along the entire platform.

Too bad about the painted concrete. Every section has some excess spray on the white ceiling.
Perhaps there's plans to repaint the ceiling white again soon - so that they wouldn't worry about some spray. There's been a lot of ceiling painting going on for the BD platforms in the last few months.

The fact that the spot lights have gone up already is proof that the ceiling is staying as is. It just ruined anything they accomplished with the new walls and columns.

That's really too bad. The earlier render didn't look like the ceiling was a budget-breaker.

drum118 seems to have insider info and he claims that the ceiling is coming.

Does anybody have any photos of the spotlights?

drum118 seems to have insider info and he claims that the ceiling is coming.

Does anybody have any photos of the spotlights?

Lets hope so. It would either mean cutting holes in the ceiling to allow the spotlights to shine through it, or removing the spotlights and reinstalling them again once the ceiling is done. They are not potlights which sit flush with the ceiling.

I tried searching for pics and came up with nothing.

Its something like this, but looks more solid:
image.php

Back