Monde Condominiums (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

We just received an email telling us that our occupancy date is spring 2019 (!!!)

Aargh. Here I was revving up to move in later this summer (based on their original projections), but I guess that's how these things go. It's more time to save up for furniture I suppose.:p

They were building up at a decent pace throughout 2017, and so I thought that things were on schedule. I wonder what changed? I did notice that they stopped putting up glazing sometime in November/December. Perhaps the bad weather was an issue.

I believe that Great Gulf is starting more projects that they could finish in a timely manner with attention to details. My original occupancy was in 2016. I do not mind this delay as long as they use the time to finish the project properly. It will be very disappointing, however if they will just leave Monde sitting unfinished for another year just to work on other projects and then move people into a raw construction zone again like they did in 1 Bloor (that one was the worst experience ever and still is not completed.) I hope the delay will be used to do things in a better way...

My friend is looking to rent a waterfront place so we saw a couple of podium units, I am not sure if the tower is occupied yet. The units themselves were nicely finished, minimalistic, clean looking. Appliances were on the cheap side though, probably of the smallest size on the market, we were told they were standard in the entire building regardless of the unit size as no upgrades were offered. It was somewhat strange to see a tiny cooktop with control knobs on its surface (Electrolux, I believe), just realized that smooth surface with touch controls became an aesthetic standard. So the units were nice but more like a hotel room with a kitchenette rather than an apartment with a kitchen. I hope they will have room service as you could hardly cook something in a kitchen like that except may be able to fry an egg. Same for the washer/dryer - tiny size, do not expect to fit beddings in there, so room service is a must. The entire place is not quite livable yet, it looks, smells, and feels like a construction site, there were multiple pieces of drying equipment making terrible noise in the corridor late in the evening, may be there was a leak or something, a strong smell of dry wall was permeating the corridor and the units. We were told no amenities were available at this point, not even a gym. The entire surrounding area was muddy and poorly lit, extreamely hard to navigate. Frankly, I was surprised how unfinished the building was for occupancy. When I moved to my Pinnacle building, also an early occupancy, we had the amenities area and pool waiting for residents. Moving in at this stage of construction seems premature. It looks like it will be a very long time before it is ready.

Last edited:
Sounds like the typical condo during occupancy. And yes, condos are getting tighter and tighter. Developers really try to cram everything in.

When I had my occupancy the amenities were not available until a couple of months later. And yes, it appears to be pretty typical that occupancy (especially the lower floors) will still be heavy with construction. Unless there's even smaller washer/dryer combos, I think condo-sized combo's are fairly standard in size now. Definitely smaller than the regular sized machines, but I was able to put in my bedding and towels. :)

Just received an email from Monde, I haven’t move in yet as my unit is on the higher floors but there is a shuttle bus service for residence

Shuttle Bus Service

Dear Residents:

Monde Condos is happy to announce the Shuttle Bus Service to and from Union Station is now available for your use Monday to Friday from 6am to 9am & from 4pm to 7pm providing service to Residents of Monde Condos only.

For further information, please contact The Concierge at

Just received an email from Monde, I haven’t move in yet as my unit is on the higher floors but there is a shuttle bus service for residence

Shuttle Bus Service

Dear Residents:

Monde Condos is happy to announce the Shuttle Bus Service to and from Union Station is now available for your use Monday to Friday from 6am to 9am & from 4pm to 7pm providing service to Residents of Monde Condos only.

From Waterfront LRT at your doorstep to shuttle buses...

Shuttle Bus Service

Dear Residents:

do you know how much will be added to your monthly condo fees ?

do you know how much will be added to your monthly condo fees ?
I don’t know how much yet without looking at the financial budget but currently it’s $0.50/sq maintenance fees. One York Quay (77-99 Harbour Sq) has similar facilities and their maintenance fees hasn’t really gone off the roof. Although those have a much bigger community than Monde. So here’s hoping.

Back