Monde Condominiums (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

May not really be the case for a west facing unit. There will be no construction immediately to the west ... ever. Most of the East Bayfront development is to the south.

The parcel of land just to the east of this project probably won't get started for a long time.

why would this be considered a "high-end" condo?
it doesn't seem to be any different than the majority of the mid-range condos throughout the city.

i like the project, but one is paying a premium for a mid-range unit in undeveloped location that will need a decade+ to develop.
imo, that's reflected in the sales.
if they were to ask $450-500 psf for a mid-level floor in the current market, (and restricted to end-user sales) they would be sold out now.

have you lived in a construction area?
the noise and traffic starts at 8 AM (sometimes sooner), the dust, vibrations, etc.
you can't open any doors or windows, more dust gets into your place through the vents even though doors and windows are closed, etc.

To me, great architecture is high-end. IMO Safdie fits that bill.
I have and do live in a construction area. One project completing 20 yards from my condo, another one planned across the street, and more towers a just south. If you're out of your home 8am - 6pm Mon-Fri, what's the problem with noise?
Dont tell me you're trying to sleep at 9:30am? :D

Man this building is a beauty!
Nice to see they made a rendering of the full building with the lake in the back ground. I found it odd that there was no lake shown with the previous renderings.

The previous renderings had very little surrounding context which was deceiving as one could easily assume the development was directly on the water with unobstructed views. It has been a hard sell for GG as the $750 to low-$800/sq.ft. pricing was very precocious as it is not on the water, the area lacks transit, amenities and in transition, and there will be future construction and development in the for the next 10+ years.

It's a great building and the eastern waterfront has huge potential as a vibrant new community but it will take a long time to get there. Prices should be in the mid-$600/sq.ft. range to be one of the first in this neighbourhood.

Prices weren't actually that high. I have been following this project since the beginning. I have been close to purchasing here for a while but I have been concerned about the low sales.

Prices have been from the high $500's to about $640/sq.ft in the podium. And from the mid $600's to about $730/sq.ft in the tower. Prices are only in the $750/sq.ft and above range for the direct south facing units and these units account for about 10% of the building.

For some reason I keep seeing people exaggerating the prices in this building. But the prices aren't bad considering the area and the quality of the building. Especially being beside two great parks, Sherbourne Common and Sugar beach.

Prices weren't actually that high. I have been following this project since the beginning. I have been close to purchasing here for a while but I have been concerned about the low sales.

Prices have been from the high $500's to about $640/sq.ft in the podium. And from the mid $600's to about $730/sq.ft in the tower. Prices are only in the $750/sq.ft and above range for the direct south facing units and these units account for about 10% of the building.

For some reason I keep seeing people exaggerating the prices in this building. But the prices aren't bad considering the area and the quality of the building. Especially being beside two great parks, Sherbourne Common and Sugar beach.

I was looking at the southwest facing units in the higher floors of the tower a while back and was very shocked that they were in the $800/sq.ft. range given the barren state of the neighbourhood -- this was before Sugar Beach and Sherbourne Common was built.
I was more concerned about getting a prime clear lake and city view and I'd guess these are the units where the huge price premiums are put on.

Monde Boardwalk podium suites are the released and prices are now $45-$100 less per square feet... all depending on where the unit location is.
The word is that the sales centre has been busy and sales have been going very well.

Apologies up front for the bump, but has anyone heard anything recent about sales figures or start dates?

Hello, fellow Monde-monitoring friends,

I believe people on this thread has purchased a Monde's unit? And we've probably all bought many years ago (back in 2011 for me).
Not sure if it's appropriate to have a chat here (if not, mods please delete it, thx). Generally, how do you feel about your investment decision? This area still seems iffy to me (i.e. slower than normal development with many potential hold-back from the city, unknown transit plan, etc.). Do you think the property value has gone up since 6 years ago with Monde? I've never bought a pre-construction condo before, so I have no idea if the value would go up or down after it's finally constructed after so many years. I'd like to hear what people have to say regarding your own experience of pre-construction condo investment. Was it worth it for you? And how do you feel about Monde's upside after it's built? Thanks!

People are getting called for colour selections.

The list of choices is in, my opinion, disappointing. Even the upgraded options didn't feel "upgraded." There are better finish choices in other projects.

Considering the premium prices of these units, I would've expected more. Oh well.

IMG_2039.JPG
Beware of glass sliding door upgrades in Monde. It is offered in many projects as a standard but I purchased them as upgrades for 1 Bloor. The frames were all scratched and they agreed to change but then I received a door that is too short. Looks like that, with wood visible - this is what you get for thousands dollars. The supplier told me that "they are all like that" and that they are not changing them again. Many people have problems with these doors. Cannot resolve this issue after 9 months. I was told that the supplier is JJ products, the same supplier as in Monde.

Do they offer nice floor selection?

Attachments

• IMG_2039.JPG
    IMG_2039.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 633
Yeah there was the option to upgrade to sliding doors as well. Too expensive in my opinion. ~$1700/ door. The bedroom would have needed two.

The engineered hw selection was nice but it's not really to my taste. The offerings were mostly of the raw exposed grain variety whereas I prefer a silk screen or glossy finish. The graininess goes along with the "nature" theme that they were going for in the marketing I guess. Same goes for kitchen cabinets. Maybe if it ever makes sense to, we'll upgrade to "better" floors and overall the kitchen one day.

We took mostly everything standard and only upgraded the bathroom tiles which were of reasonable price.

Overall I'm not too thrilled by the design and selection when comparing it to other builds, but I didn't have high expectations going in anyway. Says something about the industry maybe.:p I'm fairly ambivalent about these things, and I'll be spending most of my time outside.

Yea, Great Gulf (One Bloor) offerings were disappointing. I couldn't believe what a frosted glass door was an upgrade. Every other condo developer that has sliding entry doors offers that free of charge.

I disagree about the floor finishes. I like that mat look. I do dislike the thin baseboards they use in all of their projects. At the end of the day, they do provide a nice package.

Ciconni Simone likes to recycle interior finishes and fixtures from many of their past projects, especially with Great Gulf. One Bloor has similar finishes and details as Charlie, and Monde seems to follow suit. I was surprised to see the really thin baseboards on One Bloor but it looks like that's the standard for Great Gulf.

Back