News   Jul 10, 2024
 263     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 439     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.2K     1 

MLSE & Bon Jovi to Pursue NFL/Buffalo Bills

That is what I meant.

You cannot watch live Toronto matches online when in Canada without subscribing to Sportsnet.

ok....so no real big deal then...and not sure how it related to that sub-subject that popped up about Toronto being a small market or not.

Last edited:
Jon Bon Jovi: Facing backlash from both Buffalo and Toronto fans over Bills sale...

See here: http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2014/08/16/argonauts_fans_plan_bon_jovi_cdburning_party.html

Argo fans plan to form Bon Jovi CD-burning parties on Facebook, despite said website having many Bon Jovi fans.

See here as well: http://www.thestar.com/sports/footb..._buffalo_bills_fans_at_new_jersey_rocker.html

Buffalonians equate Bon Jovi with militant Islamists, despite the fact that Bon Jovi eats pork and drinks alcohol.

JA and Everyone: Jon Bon Jovi is facing a backlash from BOTH Buffalo and Toronto fans over the Bills sale...

This is something he may have not thought of when he became interested in the Buffalo Bills and perhaps he
may be thinking over and having second thoughts about his offer to buy into the Buffalo Bills...

And-Yes - I do agree that the Argonauts may be in trouble if the "Toronto Bills" ever become reality...

LI MIKE

Last edited:
JA and Everyone: Jon Bon Jovi is facing a backlash from BOTH Buffalo and Toronto fans over the Bills sale...

This is something he may have not thought of when he became interested in the Buffalo Bills and perhaps he
may be thinking over this offer to buy into the Buffalo Bills...

And-Yes - I do agree that the Argonauts may be in trouble if the "Toronto Bills" ever become reality...

LI MIKE

I wonder how much of this is "noise" planted by Pegula out strategizing and PR'ing MLSE...

They can't even fill a stadium but they think they can organize a protest lol
There are a grand total of 6 Argos fans in all Toronto, moving right along...

Argo ratings are competitive with the Jays but there's no evidence that they are being watched by local audiences. Most likely they are an out of GTA phenomenon such as Saskatchewan fans (who are responsible for 60 % of CFL merchandising sales for example) or prairie fans. I've seen this proven on various forums whenever CFL fanboys claim there's more Argos support in Toronto than there is for Raptors/TFC. I've lived here 20+ years and I've never seen so much as an Argos jersey in this city, and no fan support other than that one Grey Cup championship in 2012 (even I watched that, but only since Toronto was in it and it was hosted in this city).

Argo ratings are competitive with the Jays but there's no evidence that they are being watched by local audiences. Most likely they are an out of GTA phenomenon such as Saskatchewan fans (who are responsible for 60 % of CFL merchandising sales for example) or prairie fans. I've seen this proven on various forums whenever CFL fanboys claim there's more Argos support in Toronto than there is for Raptors/TFC. I've lived here 20+ years and I've never seen so much as an Argos jersey in this city, and no fan support other than that one Grey Cup championship in 2012 (even I watched that, but only since Toronto was in it and it was hosted in this city).

There are also 160 baseball games versus a 20 week CFL season... hard to compare even average TV ratings with that differential.

Nope. You can't get that type of a rating for an Argo game vs Hamilton, Ottawa or Montreal relying primarily on prairie viewers. There just aren't enough people out there interested in more than just their home team for that to happen.

Merchandising for the Argos has been pathetic for years due to a number of factors, primarily crappy ownership

Summer Argo games consistently beat winter Raptor games in the ratings. And they utterly destroy TFC games. But MLSE does do a great job merchandising those teams.

There are also 160 baseball games versus a 20 week CFL season... hard to compare even average TV ratings with that differential.
What other way is there?

Nope. You can't get that type of a rating for an Argo game vs Hamilton, Ottawa or Montreal relying primarily on prairie viewers. There just aren't enough people out there interested in more than just their home team for that to happen.

Merchandising for the Argos has been pathetic for years due to a number of factors, primarily crappy ownership

Summer Argo games consistently beat winter Raptor games in the ratings. And they utterly destroy TFC games. But MLSE does do a great job merchandising those teams.

What other way is there?

You "can" compare - its not going to give you an apples comparison on market size. The number of individual people who watch at least one blue jays game would outnumber the number of people who watch at least one argos game.

Nonsense, you haven't given any reason to believe that Toronto viewers are responsible for those numbers, it's entirely possible that prairie viewers are responsible. Argos games are viewed in the low hundreds of thousands, still no evidence that more than a tiny trickle is coming from Toronto viewers. Who cares about prairie viewership of Argos games, the fact remains that there's hardly any fanbase for Argos here compared to the other MLSE properties. To be frank, most of us want the best for Argos under normal circumstances but the sense of entitlement from CFL fanboys and outright hostility to an NFL push for Toronto is annoying at best and bitter at worst, turns even more people away from the CFL and destroys whatever goodwill is left. There's even a CFL guy on the Bills forum proudly stating "F**k Toronto!" So who are the real 'wannabe Americans'?

Last edited:

Back