Then and Now for July 10.

Then. 'End of Bloor st E at Sherbourne looking E 1907?.'

665.jpg

Later. April 24, 1915.

666.jpg

Now. March 2012.

667.jpg

re: LCBO @ St. Lawrence Market

Communist Canada alive and well. Welcome to your new tax waster. I'm sure the building contracts went out to friends and family at 5x the normal rate. And zero property tax. Meanwhile, rates go up at St. Lawrence Market, while administration has no clue how to manage the place.

Yay Canada.

"Wow, it's not often you see a post lost all credibility with the first 2 words.."
QUOTE The_Architect.

Could it be that he may be privy to something that you are not?

Regards,
J T

LOL lost credibility? Read the news once in a while. If you don't see what's going on in Ontario, then you are either blind or part of those in denial. This LCBO is another demonstration of too much government.

I expect only Ontario taxpayers (and liquor vendors) could afford such a renovation!

There is only one. One single vendor for everything. Oh, except the illegal situation with The Beer Store, which is foreign-owned, and highly backed by our crooked government. Your point about "Ontario taxpayers" is spot on. Free money, and more where that came from.

"Also the Sun and the National Review don't count as news."
QUOTE The_Architect.

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/inde...d1cb5545d8-Call_to_Champions&utm_medium=email

For an American viewpoint:

http://spectator.org/

BTW, I read the 'Post on line; the Sun, not so much.

BTW II, those "Pretty Buildings" that we all adore & cherish, were built by people who "put it on the line"

or by a government which stole "their" money from the Private Sector, aka you & I. Just remember that when

gazing at 49 Wellington Street East.

Regards,
J T

-30-

Last edited:
"What does an empty lot in Oshawa have to do with anything? "
QUOTE the lemur.

Sorry, should and will after korrecton read 49 Wellington STREET East.

Regards,
j t

Then and Now for July 10.

Then. 'End of Bloor st E at Sherbourne looking E 1907?.'

665.jpg

Later. April 24, 1915.

666.jpg

Now. March 2012.

667.jpg

Wonderful insight regarding Bloor St. East.
I expect many (like I) had no idea that it once ended so abruptly at Sherbourne.

Rightly or wrongly, the LCBO really is a Soviet-style communist institution.

But the Beer Store is fascist, which is far worse.

I don't really see it as a meaningful distinction here. The LCBO has collectivized the retailing of alcohol, so arguably it's a communist-style entity. The Beer Store is more of a cartel consolidating the power of the brewery industry into something approaching the conglomerates either as produced by various fascist states or created by major corporations themselves. Either way, the victims are choice and competition.

Back