News   Jul 30, 2024
 942     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 652     0 

Michael Prue says it's time to reconsider Catholic school funding

Please provide evidence to back up that statement. I don't believe it myself.

Wow, I provide all that information and you chose to not read it. Good Luck with that bad case of Myopia, I hear it's real hard to get rid of.

Then again your church has disgusting humans like Akinola, so it's not too different than the Catholic issues we talked about.

It's a waste of time arguing facts with Conservatives. It's like arguing the existance of gravity.

http://www.catholic.net/index.php?option=dedestaca&id=312

Time to bust out the infamous Bible warning sticker:

biblewarninglabel.jpg
I'd like to slap that sticker on the Qur'an and Torah as well. :D

BTW, I'm with Michael Prue on this. Time to end the injustice and keep our public education system fully secular.

^ Easier said than done. Remember the old saying about politics being "the art of the possible"? Maybe Michael Prue and John Tory should meet for a coffee and a discussion about what's actually possible.

I see the trendy Christianity bashing is in full vogue on the forums.

well, this thread isn't exactly about reconsidering islamic school funding. christianity deserves all the bashing it gets and more. it's amazing how one of the most violent & oppressive institutions in history claims it is being victimized and suppressed.

well, this thread isn't exactly about reconsidering islamic school funding. christianity deserves all the bashing it gets and more. it's amazing how one of the most violent & oppressive institutions in history claims it is being victimized and suppressed.

Christianity is not an institution. Kind of hard to generalise. I'm kind of tired of the ol' 'religion as an impediment to progress' line, since Christianity is very much responsible for the enlightenment and pursuit of knowledge. In fact, it is directly responsible for what has inappropriately become a religion to many...

It's of course fashionable to characterise it as evil personified. Everyone needs their own 'devil' to bash, funnily enough.

Christianity is not an institution. Kind of hard to generalise. I'm kind of tired of the ol' 'religion as an impediment to progress' line, since Christianity is very much responsible for the enlightenment and pursuit of knowledge. In fact, it is directly responsible for what has inappropriately become a religion to many...

It's of course fashionable to characterise it as evil personified. Everyone needs their own 'devil' to bash, funnily enough.

How is Christianity responsible for the enlightenment - and why speak of it as an institution if you claim that it isn't?

Concerning your last point, no one mentioned devils except you. You are the one bringing your own imagery through which to interpret the thoughts of others.

i don't think so..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Age_of_Reason

The Catholic church is one of the world biggest opponents to capital punishment out there. They many be very wrong on many things, but I agree with them here.

So how come you never hear the Catholic Church threatening to ex-communicate Catholic politicians for supporting capital punishment, but you do when it comes to abortion and gay marriage?

I view the much of the old testament as little more than the mythology of the Jewish people.

The reason stated by God that Jesus came down was to right the wrongs of the old life. The fact that he contradicts that passage about stoning, (which was written about 1000 years before his time) means that he (thus Christians as well) condems the practice.

The Catholic church is one of the world biggest opponents to capital punishment out there. They many be very wrong on many things, but I agree with them here.

I'm pretty sure somewhere along there Jesus said he didn't come to strike down the old law, and certainly the Catholic schools in Ontario are teaching the Old Testament.

I have to admit that the 14 years of Catholic education gave me a good understanding of the Bible that others might not have, but that's not a good enough reason to keep them publicly funded. I also think it's a good idea to have uniforms in all high schools.

I'm gay and had to deal at a lot of shit at my school. I never went to the administration there because I knew they wouldn't do anything for me. Maybe if I went to a public school I would've gone to someone, maybe not. It's definately character building to sit through religion class discussions on how sinful (from the teacher) and disgusting (from the students freely) you are.

At least when an anti-abortion activist told my school that the media was lying to us I got to stand up to her and tell her that she was a liar too. It was pretty awesome.

Back