News   Jul 25, 2024
 436     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 419     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 513     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

I did the same thing when it with my crads. I have my main card in Google wallet and my backup card is still a physical card.
With the ability to use credit or debit cards to pay for Presto fares, I don't see the utility in adding my Presto card to my phone's digital wallet – I don't have a pass, so I pay per use (almost exclusively TTC).

So a question about having multiple Presto cards as I've only ever had one. When you link them in an account do they draw from the same Presto wallet or are there two separate balances that are maintained and have to be refilled separately?

With the ability to use credit or debit cards to pay for Presto fares, I don't see the utility in adding my Presto card to my phone's digital wallet – I don't have a pass, so I pay per use (almost exclusively TTC).
The shitty part about using a credit card is you don’t see what time the transfer is valid until (I believe even tapping on a PRESTO reload machine won’t tell you) you can’t see how much you were charged unless you had credit card to your PRESTO account

Reactions: PL1
You can set your presto card to be the "Express Transit Card" which allows you to tap without opening your phone or watch. Though you can set a credit card to this as well I believe.

Reactions: PL1
So a question about having multiple Presto cards as I've only ever had one. When you link them in an account do they draw from the same Presto wallet or are there two separate balances that are maintained and have to be refilled separately?
Two separate balances which is annoying. I only have two because I was given one that came preloaded.

Reactions: max
I think that's a personal choice. For example, some people might have a discount fare on their Peresto card or many people prefer to have a balance on it rather than having multiple small transactions on their credit card. Plus with a registered card in either Google or Apple Wallets you get real-time updates tio the card in the app.

I have one as a backup in case something happens to my main one, plus if ever I need to use it in Ottwa I can use that one, as the digital cards don't work there.
Unfortunately if u have fair pass discount u can only have it one presto card, it would have be useful to have to cards one on phone and a backup physical card

My wish: Now that we have digital representations of physical cards, would be great if you could have virtual cards. In other words, a card on your phone without the need of purchasing a physical card.

Back