News   Jun 14, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 790     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

I don’t understand where the 2 transactions of $2.15 came from.
2E6368E3-9379-4930-95F1-6001DC9B8758.jpeg

Attachments

• 2E6368E3-9379-4930-95F1-6001DC9B8758.jpeg
    2E6368E3-9379-4930-95F1-6001DC9B8758.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 310
From the time stamps it looks like a glitch to me. I would phone Presto if I were you.
It says 2 charges, but I only see one charge, when you look at the totals.

But I still don't understand what that $2.15 is ... what were you doing?

It says 2 charges, but I only see one charge, when you look at the totals.

But I still don't understand what that $2.15 is ... what were you doing?

Looks pretty straightforward:
1) A TTC trip, which is most likely a tap-on at a subway station with a temporary reader due to faregate construction per the "0" location of the tap, for $3
2) A glitch charge of $2.15
3) A GO Bus from Union Station to Richmond Hill GO for $4.58 ($6.08 student fare - $1.50 TTC co-fare)

So yeah, call Presto to get the $2.15 refunded.

Looks pretty straightforward:
1) A TTC trip, which is most likely a tap-on at a subway station with a temporary reader due to faregate construction per the "0" location of the tap, for $3
2) A glitch charge of $2.15
3) A GO Bus from Union Station to Richmond Hill GO for $4.58 ($6.08 student fare - $1.50 TTC co-fare)

So yeah, call Presto to get the $2.15 refunded.
Here is an updated image of the situation:
Missed Tap.PNG

It shows that the $2.15 is because of me not tapping off at Union, so I was charged the longest distance. I called Presto and the person said that GO Transit is fare-by-distance and you need a tap at location A and location B in order to charge the correct fare, and since I didn't tap off, it gave the longest trip on the line. I then asked isn't Union Station the farthest stop on the Richmond Hill Line from Richmond Hill GO? And they said it wasn't and the train goes all the way to Oshawa (what?). I don't know if the person was confused or not, but I didn't want to argue. They said that I could use the one-time refund, but I said no as it would be better to use it for a larger mistake ($12 extra).

I then noticed another thing:
Missed Tap 3.PNG

Now this I need a refund for, since I didn't tap off at Richmond Hill GO, I was charged for the longest trip from Union. So I called Presto again and got 6 different cases of missed tap offs reported and I should get charge backs to my account. Some of which go back to December 2017, so that was nice.

I would just like to say that my second call was much more "enjoyable" than my first one, as not only did (will) I get my money back for my missed tap offs, but I got to ask about some of the weird quirks with the Presto site. I asked about the red amount text and the weird large discount and amount anomalies, both of which are bugs with the system. I asked about the default trip and got some clarification on that, which I will now set up.

Attachments

• Missed Tap.PNG
    Missed Tap.PNG
    51.5 KB · Views: 325
  • Missed Tap 3.PNG
    Missed Tap 3.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 313
I wonder how long Shoppers has the exclusive window for before other company's (ie Circle K) can begin to offer this as well.

We should thank the Liberals for always coming up with the most complicated and convoluted ways to implement things that should be easy.

Presto Cards should be sold at any store that wants to sell them.

We should thank the Liberals for always coming up with the most complicated and convoluted ways to implement things that should be easy.

So like prepaid credit cards? However, there is some infrastructure required, as they might require a specific reader to tap the card, not just a “normal” one.

Can't blame the Liberals on this one - that is how it works in the corporate world too (ie CIBC credit cards having a one year exclusive on Samsung Pay)

Broadview has gotten the new reload machine found at the TYSSE stations and King.

EDIT: looks like all the stations that had the first gem reload machines has gotten the new ones.

Last edited:

Back