News   Mar 28, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 575     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 877     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

^^^ I guess that it's not much of an issue because NOBODY in London is going to be taking this train. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would. It offers absolutely no benefit to anyone.
Have you talk to anyone who use the London train as to why they use the train in the first place??

Your views have no impact as to what ML is looking at nor the big picture. I do see the need for this service and have used it once.

Given the service is only a few months old and still dealing with COVID 19, come back in Oct 2023 to state your views as it take time to build ridership and one train is not going to cut it. This is what trial programs are for based on a year or 2 to say yes it stay or go.

Do you know the London train does the Unionville to Mount Pleasant and back runs daily as well the London run on its last run from Unionville???

Until ML upgrades the line west of Kitchener, service will be slow. It will be slow going in London until it hit CN Mainline as well to the station. VIA have the same issue as well on the CN Mainline for its other service.

Again, ""NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO/FROM TORONTO"""

Last edited:
This is honestly very devastating news, and the fact that the town of Orangeville is so eager to tear it up for a...trail.....eh? when were trying to get people to use transit instead of cars...

Even look at this post makes you realize how we have lost so much railway lines in this part of Ontario.

Go in just about any city in Ontario on one of the many Google Earth overlays showing torn up track and you'll quickly realize that the utility lost by tearing up our railways, even in the GTA, will never be recovered. Where you posted, to Niagara, Hamilton, Burlington/Oakville and even within Toronto as well are countless railways which offered tremendous connections that we could still utilize if they weren't torn up throughout the last 100 years.

I am assuming this is happening to other transit systems.

Starting Feb 1, all riders using Mississauga Transit to/from the GO System will not have to pay an extra fare using their Presto card. At present time, riders must pay $.80 to rider Mississauga Transit to/from GO.

I expect the same thing will happen for those who buy a GO fare from any GO Transit Machine or station agent.

<https://pub-mississauga.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=18563>

Another step to create fare integration to make transit a lot cheaper to use.

I am assuming this is happening to other transit systems.

@Haydenpoon found the same thing for Burlington

Starting Feb 1, all riders using Mississauga Transit to/from the GO System will not have to pay an extra fare using their Presto card. At present time, riders must pay $.80 to rider Mississauga Transit to/from GO.

I expect the same thing will happen for those who buy a GO fare from any GO Transit Machine or station agent.

<https://pub-mississauga.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=18563>

Another step to create fare integration to make transit a lot cheaper to use.

Being discussed in the Fare Integration Thread, here:

I'm not one to quota..........

But you have 12 invited faces.............in a very diverse province.............and not one is non-caucasion?

Just sayin.

PS, I looked up the 2 who they couldn't find pictures for and found them in mere minutes..........and no, not them either.

Perhaps I should take a more optimistic view though.............6/12 are women.

sounds like that self-driving pilot isnt going to be expanded at the very least

Unfortunate. But silver lining is that these smaller companies did the dirty work and gleaned valuable information in the process. When the concept returns in x years it will likely be bigger and better.

Unfortunate. But silver lining is that these smaller companies did the dirty work and gleaned valuable information in the process. When the concept returns in x years it will likely be bigger and better.

From link.

Williams Omnibus Bus Line (1849–1862)​

Williams Omnibus Bus Line was the first mass transportation system in the old City of Toronto, Ontario, Canada with four six-passenger buses. Established in 1849 by local cabinetmaker Burt Williams, it consisted of horse-drawn stagecoaches operating from the St. Lawrence Market to the Red Lion Hotel in Yorkville. The bus line was a great success, and four larger vehicles were added in 1850. After a few years, even more buses were in use, and were operating every few minutes. In 1861, the city gave a 30-year franchise to Toronto Street Railway, which built a horse car line, and the gauge of the buses was modified so as to fit between the tracks. The bus system lasted only until 1862, when it was bought out by the TSR.
800px-Williams_Omnibus_%28in_use_1850-1862%29%2C_shown_in_front_of_Red_Lion_Hotel%2C_Yonge_St.%2C_east_side%2C_north_of_Bloor_St._%2817203740310%29.jpg

The first transit system in Toronto commenced in 1849, connecting St. Lawrence Market to the Red Lion Inn (shown above in 1886) in Yorkville.

From link.

Prior to Williams' operations, there were a variety of stagecoach operators in the city:

Back