News   Jul 15, 2024
 684     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 863     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 623     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
Council now voting with show of hands rather than recorded vote (Rob Ford isn't in the council chamber to demand recorded vote) #TOpoli

betsy powell @powellbetsy
Council moving quickly through items. No sign of Councillor Ford who had held a few items

Some things never change.

"We've seen what is being done around the world" Cllr Michael Thompson #TOpoli

This is regarding foreign investment. He and Tory are for it and I agree with them!

Council votes 38 to 1 to look at a Regional Development Agency (Gord Perks votes no) #TOpoli

Last edited:
We should be so lucky. He might dodge this bullet.

I truly hope he does. This clown dies, he dies a ford nation martyr. He lives...maybe a new police chief won't take their crap. Maybe those bomb scares, jailhouse beat downs, lisi retail will finally stick. I want justice in the here and now. And I want Jude's COI suit to succeed.

I truly hope he does. This clown dies, he dies a ford nation martyr. He lives...maybe a new police chief won't take their crap. Maybe those bomb scares, jailhouse beat downs, lisi retail will finally stick. I want justice in the here and now. And I want Jude's COI suit to succeed.

But I really want to see how he will get out of the mayoral race when his numbers stall/tank just like last October. He could go for cancer again but I think the staunchest of FU Nation and Flagg's Follies wouldn't fall for it a second time.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 25s25 seconds ago
Not sure why, but Clr. Karygiannis is using debate on suicide prevention to say seniors and veterans should be allowed to ride TTC free.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m1 minute ago
"When you speak, you need to speak on what's before you, the item that is before you" Speaker Frances Nunziata #TOpoli

Maybe he should have stayed in Ottawa...

Maybe he should have stayed in Ottawa...

His logic against platform edge doors was: most bus routes are nearly empty between 9:30 am and 3:30 pm --> so why not allow seniors to ride for free between those hours --> which would encourage them to take the bus --> which would reduce congestion on subway platforms --> thus there is no need to spend a billion dollars on platform edge doors

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 10m10 minutes ago
The power of Tory - chief spokeperson @agalbraith smells something foul (that isn't us). Garbage in press gallery carted away moments later.

This is what happens when people don't think you are a punchline!

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
Council votes unanimously to have public health report on how they can ensure children in day nurseries are adequately immunized #TOpoli

The anti-vaxxers will be so mad!

Last edited:
His logic against platform edge doors was: most bus routes are nearly empty between 9:30 am and 3:30 pm --> so why not allow seniors to ride for free between those hours --> which would encourage them to take the bus --> which would reduce congestion on subway platforms --> thus there is no need to spend a billion dollars on platform edge doors

Actually, in Toronto more riders use the TTC during the non-rush hours than any other transit agency in North America. That is also why the MetroPass is higher than others, because the riders use the TTC more in the non-rush hours.

Actually, in Toronto more riders use the TTC during the non-rush hours than any other transit agency in North America. That is also why the MetroPass is higher than others, because the riders use the TTC more in the non-rush hours.

Yes however the subway is the most congested at rush hour, which is when platform edge doors would be the most useful. Free rides for seniors during off peak hours does not address that.

That's an amusing line of logic as I cannot figure out how reduced congestion on subway platforms does away with suicidal folk causing extended delays in the subway (worse if you consider the TRs that can't be detached) or garbage falling onto tracks and starting fires.

Or whatever, we can just be content with letting shuttle buses do a long conga line from A to B whenever these incidents happen.

Last edited:

Back