News   Jul 15, 2024
 759     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 911     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 637     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Paula Fletcher, the former communist party leader, is pleased with the conservative Tory's (i.e. Ford-Lite) budget?

Well I'll be. :)

I wonder if John Tory can bring about the return of Red Tory-ism to Toronto.

https://swanboatsteve.wordpress.com/2015/01/19/new-fares-service-improvements-coming/

Steve Munro summarizes the changes being employed on his site nicely.

Ah I found one of my missing Tory critics!

Steve Munro seems to be pleased with general direction the Tory administration is taking, with listening to Andy Byford, undoing the damage caused by Rob Ford, paying attention to off-peak transit, and adopting a broader vision for TTC improvements particularly towards our surface routes.

Yes, refreshing thoughts.

Yes, King Street overnight! Tears of joy. Vote Tory. Prayers answered. All is forgiven.

Ok, I'm not actually that excited about it, but it is deffo helpful for me. Now all that I need is the rebuilding of Parkdale train station and <15minute train service and I can stop pretending I want to move to Vancouver.

I see the Spadina and King night routes returning, but will they be as streetcars?

I think they should extend the Don Mills (303) and Jane (313) night buses to downtown via King, rather than creating a separate King blue night route. This would offer the same coverage will providing a one-seat ride home for lots of passengers.

I have to say, as a fiscal conservative, I can tentatively support the proposed tax and fee increases, since I believe the city will be financially run better under Tory than any mayor I my recent memory. I hold my trust is not ill-placed.

Maybe Wilson and Victoria Park should be the other two.

Wilson has an express bus (96E Wilson Station to Humber College), but it's rush hours only with a lousy schedule. Creating a new all-day, more frequent express bus makes a lot of sense, either on the 96E's route (though extend it to York Mills Station) or perhaps straight up Albion Road (maybe via Albion and Finch to Humber College) to give Rexdale more service.

I have to say, as a fiscal conservative, I can tentatively support the proposed tax and fee increases, since I believe the city will be financially run better under Tory than any mayor I my recent memory. I hold my trust is not ill-placed.

As far as I can see there hasn't been a tax increase. This is matching the rate of inflation.

Personally, I'm tired of subsidizing every aspect of other people's interest in continuing to overpopulate the planet.
The birth rate in Toronto isn't sufficient to even maintain the current population.

Perhaps you'd prefer we charge higher fares to immigrants to achieve your goals?

I see the Spadina and King night routes returning, but will they be as streetcars?
One would assume so - especially on Spadina. Both run until about 2:30 AM now and start near 5 AM, so all they are looking at is handful of cars running for 3 more hours overnight.

There hasn't been a tax increase. This is matching the rate of inflation.

Unless your salary is tied to the rate of inflation (some public sector employees?) this most definitely is a tax increase.

However... as a fiscal conservative/social liberal, I'm not against it either.

Sidenote, does Tory ride transit to work every morning I think Miller did. You get a hugely different appreciation for the city when you experience it amongst other Torontoians then when you commute in alone in your Escalade. I take the Gerrard streetcar in each morning and I sure as hell feel it. :)

Back