News   Jul 15, 2024
 729     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 626     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Especially considering how tight the race is. Depending on the poll you're looking at it's almost a three way tie, which means there's potentially a 66% chance he'd be alienating the new PM by endorsing someone.

Especially considering how tight the race is. Depending on the poll you're looking at it's almost a three way tie, which means there's potentially a 66% chance he'd be alienating the new PM by endorsing someone.

Precisely!

Even this guy agrees.

i had to look up the rhino party and found this...

Rhinoceros Party wants Rob Ford
"His love for sex, drugs and rock and roll is very similar to the one of the Rhino Party," party Leader Sebastien CorRhino said at a press conference Friday. "We think by putting legal wisdom into sex, drugs and rock and roll, we can make sure the Canadian economy will grow faster than ever."
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/06/rhinoceros-party-wants-rob-ford

You know what, I am leaning more and more towards the throw them out camp. It's one thing to have the residents living in their leased home - it's another to have it rented out as summer cottages.

AoD

Why? If they're leasing, there's nothing inherently wrong with subleasing. I think we should sell the land to the residents. It's a great neighbourhood, and there's a lot of parkland on the islands already.

Why? If they're leasing, there's nothing inherently wrong with subleasing. I think we should sell the land to the residents. It's a great neighbourhood, and there's a lot of parkland on the islands already.

Of course there is - if the whole argument for allowing the residents to stay is on the basis that it forms a neighbourhood - presumably through permanent residency and not subletting, then I am not sure how it is fair for said individuals to benefit from that status when the government could have just taken it over and lease it out in the first place.

AoD

If they're going away for a couple of months, they might as well rent the houses out. It would be better to cut all the bureaucracy and sell the land to the homeowners. That would help ensure the neighbourhood is preserved and possibly improved through superior new construction.

If they're going away for a couple of months, they might as well rent the houses out. It would be better to cut all the bureaucracy and sell the land to the homeowners. That would help ensure the neighbourhood is preserved and possibly improved through superior new construction.

That's one scenario - what if they are basically Airbnbing it pretty much all the time? And why should the land be sold to the homeowners when it really didn't belong to them in the first place?

AoD

I'd give them the option to buy it first at market rates. I think it would be diplomatic. But the important point is that selling off the land would help secure the neighbourhood's future.

Proving yet again that Torontonians are smarter than the leaders they elect, a majority of residents believe the Downtown Relief Line is more important than extending the Scarborough subway.

A poll released this week found that 61 per cent of Torontonians favour the former over the latter. Still, Mayor John Tory (open John Tory's policard) and Premier Kathleen Wynne remain insistent that the Scarborough line is a done deal. The decision has been made, they argue, and that’s that.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...y-be-smarter-than-their-politicians-hume.html

Back