News   Jul 15, 2024
 759     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 914     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 637     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

i wish i could have some of what you're smoking

Careful - you might start talking about the millions of people who need to get from the empty Sheppard Grande Cineplex direct to Scarborough Town Centre via subway. And how elevated LRT is the way to go everywhere.

John Tory doesn't have the slightest intention of building both Smart Track and the Scarborough subway. His actions and words now are cravenly political and opportunistic. He is still secretly terrified of the FoFam, the people of Scarborough and the 2018 election. He probably sees a rejuvenated Rob Ford in his soup screeching "subways, subways, subways!"

John Tory showing his true colours, he's a "carserative".

Tory tells TTC Commission to cut TTC budget in 2016

From this link:

This Wednesday the TTC Commission will vote for pretty good news and some very bad news.

PRETTY GOOD

The pretty good news is the TTC will vote to restore most of the service cut on many routes during the Ford era, and also introduce some new service, such as more overnight bus service.

Did your route get a service increase?

Read transit expert, Steve Munro’s summary of the service changes.

These service improvements, which will begin in September 2015, are great, but let’s also remember that $43M of the $95M in service improvements are being paid for by an unfair fare hike. Also, government subsidy per ride levels are still the lowest in North America, and lower than they were in 2010.

VERY BAD

And now the bad news! The bad news is that Mayor Tory is telling the TTC to cut its operating budget by 2% in 2016 which equals about $10-$12M for the TTC and $2M for Wheel Trans. The TTC Commission is voting on this motion on Wednesday. It is crazy that the TTC is being asked to increase overcrowding and cut its operating budget when we know the city must be doing everything it can to improve service quality and encourage people to ride public transit. While the Province is ultimately responsible for cutting even more funding from the City’s budget, Mayor Tory needs to find a better way instead of clawing back the funding increase he’s busy taking credit for.

TAKE ACTION

Contact your Councillor at 311 to say we need big service improvements in 2016, not service cuts. Email addresses are here.

Register with gso@ttc.ca to speak for five minutes about the 2016 TTC Budget Process at the TTC Commission meeting this Wednesday. See the TTC Commission agenda here.

Email Suhail Barot <sfbarot@gmail.com> if you are coming to City Hall!

Sorry about the lateness, but keep on file for information purposes.

If John Tory does not explicitly condemn Deputy Mayor Denzil M-W's comments about "real people" supporting the modified maintain option, I'm going to have to assume that he supports the sentiment that people who disagree with him aren't "real people".

Last edited:
Denzil Minnan-Wong is the most useless figure on City Council. Ford and Mammoliti at least provide some good chuckles. Denzil didn't even learn how to ride a bike until a few years ago. He probably spent his entire childhood indoors and thus never developed an imagination or learned how to be creative; and he has the personality of a tin of beets. I imagine he is the type of person that could live next to a grocery store, yet still drive his car there.

If John Tory does not explicitly condemn Deputy Mayor Denzil M-W's comments about "real people" supporting the modified maintain option, I'm going to have to assume that he supports the sentiment that people who disagree with him aren't "real people".

At least DMW didn't refer to them as "folks".

John Tory doesn't have the slightest intention of building both Smart Track and the Scarborough subway. His actions and words now are cravenly political and opportunistic. He is still secretly terrified of the FoFam, the people of Scarborough and the 2018 election. He probably sees a rejuvenated Rob Ford in his soup screeching "subways, subways, subways!"

No chance, now with ranked ballots. No way that Rob would be sufficiently people's first or second choice. Ranked ballots will clear out any polarizing candidates.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com//new...wn/article24718640/?cmpid=rss1&click=sf_globe

A poll is out about the Gardiner and 45% of people support tearing it down.

No chance, now with ranked ballots. No way that Rob would be sufficiently people's first or second choice. Ranked ballots will clear out any polarizing candidates.

Incumbency is also a very powerful factor. I am not saying that people will like Tory by 2018, but it will be something he can use to his advantage.

John Tory doesn't have the slightest intention of building both Smart Track and the Scarborough subway

All three main candidates knew that their proposed transit idea might not get made or at least take a very long time! It was the idea that they were selling to win votes.

Last edited:

How do you dream up this stuff about Toru being scared of Ford? You obviously do not Tory at all and never listened to him on his talk show. People in this city will never again elect Ford. I never liked Tory before only because he was a Conservative. (I have always voted Liberal or NDP) I started listening to his show before I knew it was him and liked what I heard. Then I found out it was Tory but it was some weeks before I did

Last edited:
My dad was at the prayer breakfast that Tory and Wynne attended this morning.

Speaking of Tory, this has been a bad week for him! He needs to stop being so stubborn about the Gardiner.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 28s29 seconds ago
Mary Anne Chambers says a staffer in John Tory's office asked her: "Why it seemed that it is only black people who are opposed to carding?"

The result:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 25s25 seconds ago
John Tory now having a 12:45 p.m. presser #TOpoli

Last edited:

Speaking of Tory, this has been a bad week for him! He needs to stop being so stubborn about the Gardiner.

Per your quote: I'm an almost-50 year old white guy. I'm a banker. I'm against carding. What I don't get is how many people are for carding, but think it somehow can be tweaked.

Yeah, I am a 32 year old white guy and oppose carding.

Chief Saunders needs to start opposing it as well.

Last edited:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 28s29 seconds ago
Mary Anne Chambers says a staffer in John Tory's office asked her: "Why it seemed that it is only black people who are opposed to carding?"

That kind of tells you everything about what Tory and others don't get about carding - because they're the kind of people who - like me - would never get carded. They can't see why doing it to random black people would have a downside, or why it doesn't actually work.

Back