News   Jul 16, 2024
 304     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 415     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

http://www.cp24.com/news/tory-s-approval-rating-remains-strong-in-latest-poll-1.2324119

Tory's approval rating is still going strong.

The Star has an article today but I'm not quite sure what they're complaining about. Tory made an election promise to put out a weekly schedule but instead his staff issues daily itinerary.
What specifically is their problem? Seems like a really trivial matter.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hal...n-promise.html

The last guy never bothered to show up until the afternoon...

Last edited:
The Star has an article today but I'm not quite sure what they're complaining about. Tory made an election promise to put out a weekly schedule but instead his staff issues daily itinerary.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2015/04/12/has-john-tory-forgotten-this-campaign-promise.html

No kidding. I don't see how any one would be surprised that he has occasional days where his itinerary is empty. Maybe he's reading those reports. Or maybe even taking a day off. Regardless of whether you like him or not, the man does put in the hours.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2015/04/12/has-john-tory-forgotten-this-campaign-promise.html

You need to read between the lines. Odds are they published it because:
1. They've got dirt on Tory but they can't prove it (i.e., he met with a lobbyist but didn't declare it) - and they are trying to flush out the story
2. They've got dirt on Tory but they can't publish it directly because it's private (i.e., he's a secret crossdresser and goes lingerie shopping at The Bay) - and they are just hinting where to look
3. They want the weekly itinerary so they clan plan their staff assignments better
4. They need to fill some column inches

Certainly does feel a bit like #4 but it could easily be something more.

Wonder if John Tory will skip Tuesday because of a hangover from attending today's baseball game? Answer: unlikely. He'll be at his city hall office after seven o'clock in the morning, if not earlier.

Last edited:
Wonder if John Tory will skip Tuesday because of a hangover from attending today's baseball game?

He'll go to the game with Mike Layton, but ditch him after getting denied entry to Comfort Clubhouse. After hailing an Uber taxi he will pile in with some septuagenarian friends he just met and disappear into the night. He will turn up six hours later in the alley behind Crush Wine Bar with $400 worth of Beaujolais thrown up all over his cashmere sweater and pleated chinos. After a tearful apology he will voluntarily check himself into a remedial wine course with a promise to never again drink harvest wine out of season.

He'll go to the game with Mike Layton, but ditch him after getting denied entry to Comfort Clubhouse. After hailing an Uber taxi he will pile in with some septuagenarian friends he just met and disappear into the night. He will turn up six hours later in the alley behind Crush Wine Bar with $400 worth of Beaujolais thrown up all over his cashmere sweater and pleated chinos. After a tearful apology he will voluntarily check himself into a remedial wine course with a promise to never again drink harvest wine out of season.

Pfft. That sounds way too exciting for Tory.

Would never happen. As a successful businessman, he has had many years to learn how to get drunk and remain in full control of his faculties, then ace the next morning's meeting. Drinking responsibility is a very important skill to have.

2. They've got dirt on Tory but they can't publish it directly because it's private (i.e., he's a secret crossdresser and goes lingerie shopping at The Bay) - and they are just hinting where to look

I thought it had to do with Mayor Troy's secret visits to Ripley's Aquarium

121335-187110-troy-mcclure.png

There's a thread open for the Gardiner Expressway, and I just posted the story that the "hybrid option" would cost $900 million. We could have discussions about the alternative itself over there, but curious about your guys' thoughts on how Tory will handle it?

On Newstalk 1010 this morning, he repeated these phrases that he's concerned about things that cause extra congestion, definitely seemed to be leaning towards pursuing the hybrid option. But right at the end of the show he says, "Why are we not a bold city?"

I thought it was an odd statement. Hell John, maybe because we don't have the guts to make bold decisions like tearing down the Gardiner?!

Story: Price tag on Gardiner East proposal more than $900-million, assessment to say

I have a poll-related question... I participated in the recent Forum Research poll of 865 randomly selected voters. Does anyone know how they choose who to call? I wonder if it's really random, or if they have my household demographic information on file from previous polls. I seem to get a disproportionate number of polling requests and I wonder if it's because I'm in a demographic that doesn't normally have land lines or respond to polls.

There's a thread open for the Gardiner Expressway, and I just posted the story that the "hybrid option" would cost $900 million. We could have discussions about the alternative itself over there, but curious about your guys' thoughts on how Tory will handle it?

On Newstalk 1010 this morning, he repeated these phrases that he's concerned about things that cause extra congestion, definitely seemed to be leaning towards pursuing the hybrid option. But right at the end of the show he says, "Why are we not a bold city?"

I thought it was an odd statement. Hell John, maybe because we don't have the guts to make bold decisions like tearing down the Gardiner?!

Story: Price tag on Gardiner East proposal more than $900-million, assessment to say

This is the perfect issue for him to put his stamp on the city, and thus far he looks like he's going to stumble royally in order to cater to the car people. This could open up Unilever and LDL, make for a huge step up in the beauty of the eastern waterfront, and -- if you squint -- even 'pay' for itself through the increased property values / new economic activity on the east side.

Economic benefit & quality of life. But, DVP. Yeesh.

Back