172     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 930     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     1 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

It's about time...

jpags 10:16am via Twitter for iPad
Tory calls out Karygiannis. Warns him all speakers to be treated with respect. "This is the new city hall, not the old one."

Yeah. The old one is where you find Ford's buds on trial ;-)

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 22s23 seconds ago
Breaking: Lobbyist Registrar finds Mayor Tory's principal secretary (Sussex lobbyists at time) of placing city employee in conflict

Some more lobbyist findings.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui 42s42 seconds ago
Mayor Tory's principal secretary Vic Gupta, Sussex lobbyist at time, placed city worker in apparent conflict re: a clothing drop box: report

ETA:

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 58s59 seconds ago
Lean said the questions submitted by students are tough, like Toronto Sun tough. Tory: "Tough questions wouldn't be in the Sun."

Burn!

Last edited:
I just had a peek at the NXNE web site. They have been at it for 21 years. You can hear a free tune from about 40 acts who will be there this June. As for you L-D I bet we crossed paths. Favorite T.O. Act? Ill go first. Garbagemen. ☺

Hard to pick a favourite! Spent too much time around no-name acts that no one remembers, but for some reason I liked Bratty & The Babysitters. Good fun to dance to. I also had a huge crush on their keyboard player, Evelyne Datl, partly cuz I had a rumour that she didn't bat for the other team. :)

Also liked Mondo Combo a lot, in spite of the fact they played covers. ( John Dickie, Al Lerman, Gordie Leggat and possibly the toughest groovin bass player ever...) They played like they meant it, so that was always worth the price of admission.

Scott B Sympathy with Ian Blurton hot poopin that electric geetar. (!)

I also remember CBC/Macleans movie critic Brian Johnston had a band, kind of a poor man's parachute Club. ( I think they were called Gravy.) It was around the time Harrisite Dave Tsubouchi's " welfare people oughta haggle for dented tuna cans" affair, so in response there was a benefit gig called "Food Bands for the Food Bank". :) :)

And vale Jeff Plewman, Nash the Slash. Silent horror movies on the big screen while he fiddled like Nero possessed...

Matt Elliott @GraphicMatt
Council scorecard numbers after Tory's first budget: 26 Tory Nation councillors, 11 mushy-middlers, 7 opposition. Will post details soon.

The only real opposition in the end was Ford and Mammo.

ETA:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 10m10 minutes ago
Mayor John Tory's total 2014 campaign expenses were $2,795,862.89 #TOpoli
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 43s43 seconds ago
John Tory's election campaign had a surplus of $67,343.06 (that gets paid to the City of Toronto) #TOpoli
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 10s10 seconds ago
So Mayor John Tory's election campaign actually raised $2.86 million in contributions #TOpoli

Woah!

Nick Kouvalis ‏@NickKouvalis 2m2 minutes ago
@reporterdonpeat 8 month Campaign vs 7 weeks for Ford @JohnTory @oliviachow @DougFord2014

Last edited:
http://app.toronto.ca/EFD/jsf/candidate/view_financial_statements.xhtml

Tory's donor list reads like the guest list at the Albany Club

Richard Ivey & family: $7500
Alan Menkes: $1500
Jackman family: $6500
Valerie Pringle: $2500
Sandra Rotman (Joseph Rotman's wife): $2500
Tanenbaum family: $4500
Catherine DeLuce (Robert DeLuce's wife): $1000
Edward & Martha Rogers: $5000

Last edited:
Nick Kouvalis ‏@NickKouvalis 2m2 minutes ago
@reporterdonpeat 8 month Campaign vs 7 weeks for Ford @JohnTory @oliviachow @DougFord2014
That's deceptive because Ford was campaigning for 4 years leading up to the election (edit: when not out carousing in a drunken cracked-out stupor). I'd argue he's still campaigning now.

http://app.toronto.ca/EFD/jsf/candidate/view_financial_statements.xhtml

Tory's donor list reads like the guest list at the Albany Club

Richard Ivey & family: $7500
Alan Menkes: $1500
Jackman family: $6500
Valerie Pringle: $2500
Sandra Rotman (Joseph Rotman's wife): $2500
Tanenbaum family: $4500
Catherine DeLuce (Robert DeLuce's wife): $1000
Edward & Martha Rogers: $5000
You should kind of expect those names would come up what with 48 pages of named contributors and 42 Fundraisers (41 of which showed a profit of anywhere between 232K and 2K)

That's deceptive because Ford was campaigning for 4 years leading up to the election (edit: when not out carousing in a drunken cracked-out stupor). I'd argue he's still campaigning now.

Robbie or Dougie? Ford Family loss is exactly what it was, the parts are interchangeable.

Scott B Sympathy with Ian Blurton hot poopin that electric geetar. (!)

Blast from the past. I put out the Scott B Sympathy records. Smokeshow Records!

Blast from the past. I put out the Scott B Sympathy records. Smokeshow Records!

I have Unfinished Sympathy. Brilliant album. Strong vocals and writing there...somehow reminded me of Handsome Ned. Backing band included some pretty good local talent as well. Ah...the late 90's...just before everything seemed to go over a cliff.

Back