News   May 22, 2024
 798     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 620     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 451     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

As far as freeweights, they have a full set of dumbells and one long bar for double handed bi-curles... they also have an assisted bench-press/squat machine, with a full set of weights.

As for weight machines, they have everything you would expect of a community gym. A machine to work each major muscle group. They also have an assisted pullup/chinup/dip machine, as well as several others.

As for cardio, they have 3 treatmills, 3 elipticals, 2 recumbant bikes (2 or 3, dont remember)...

All in all it's a decent selection and if you choose the right time to go you will have no wait to use any of them.

Thanks for the info, it sounds like a pretty decent selection. I think it will be a lot busier over the next few months with 500+ units moving into M3 and M4, it would be nice if each building had their own small gym.

Does anyone ever use the pool or the golf simulator?

I've used both. The pool is a reasonable size and relatively clean. Tons of kids from the building use it however so I'm sure the water : piss ratio is through the roof. The hot-tub is smaller than I'd expected and I haven't used in months because the last time I was down there it was filthy, with a ring of scum around the edge. Nothing like bathing in other peoples nastiness.

The golf simulator is OK for practice but you cannot take the results very seriously as I'm sure it hasn't been calibrated since it was installed. Hard drives land short.... miffed shots get distance... and don't get me started on short game. You need to set a 7' "gimme" or you'll likely 5 putt each hole...

Bottom line, the pool is ok, the hot-tub is small and gross and the simulator is great for people who want to be able to swing their clubs year round, but as for improving your game I'd say just hit-up a year-round driving range like Launch.

Last edited:
I heard that hot tubs in general are not very sanitary, but it's good to see your (soon to be mine) maintenance fees being put to good use on the clean-up of the facilities...I'll stay away from the hot tub. I might use the pool once in a while for cardio, but late at night when the kids are in bed.

The golf simulator will be useful to use for a few weeks to warm-up before Spring, but going to a driving range sounds like a better option.

How's the party room? Is it usually booked up? I'll be moving in right before the NHL and NBA playoffs, so I think I'll be using it a lot. I don't think I can fit 20 people in my unit.

How's the party room? Is it usually booked up? I'll be moving in right before the NHL and NBA playoffs, so I think I'll be using it a lot. I don't think I can fit 20 people in my unit.

The party room has periods where it's completely booked, and times where it's empty. It has a big screen TV, but we also have a movie theatre with one too.

anyone move into M3 yet?? Are you moving in exactly as your closing date is listed on the contract, when you purchased the unit from the sales centre? My closing date is on April 3rd 2012, but i hope its some months later actually. Lady at liberty is pretty sure , it will be ready or if not earlier than April 3rd 2012.

opinions?

anyone move into M3 yet??Did you move in exactly as your closing date is listed on the contract, when you purchased the unit from the sales centre? My closing date is on April 3rd 2012, but i hope its some months later actually. Lady at liberty is pretty sure , it will be ready or if not earlier than April 3rd 2012 unlike what happened with m1 and m2

opinions?

earlier won't be a problem, you can refuse to move in until the date on your contract.... from what I recall there are people on this board moving in starting the week of the 23rd

X col. i wonder though those moving in the 23 when their closing date was. If theirs was dec 23, can i expect a month delay for my date? Also another issue is april 3rd move in. i rather move in end of march then since im currently a renter now.

Not sure you have any real choice in that matter. They can't make you move in early, but if they sent a letter with an occupancy date, that's the date. Whether you physically move in is your choice, but you gotta start paying the bills.

I've used both. The pool is a reasonable size and relatively clean. Tons of kids from the building use it however so I'm sure the water : piss ratio is through the roof. The hot-tub is smaller than I'd expected and I haven't used in months because the last time I was down there it was filthy, with a ring of scum around the edge. Nothing like bathing in other peoples nastiness.

Pool's closed tonight (Jan. 10) for cleaning. Been told it should be fine tomorrow.

X col. i wonder though those moving in the 23 when their closing date was. If theirs was dec 23, can i expect a month delay for my date? Also another issue is april 3rd move in. i rather move in end of march then since im currently a renter now.

I am in the same situation as you yaz16. I am a renter as well and my confirmed occupancy date is Feb 2/12. I tried to change this to Jan 30/12 since I have to move out Jan 31/12 but they would not do it. I have booked the elevator for Feb 3/12 and I have had to rent a Uhaul truck from Jan 31 to Feb 3.

I am in the same situation as you yaz16. I am a renter as well and my confirmed occupancy date is Feb 2/12. I tried to change this to Jan 30/12 since I have to move out Jan 31/12 but they would not do it. I have booked the elevator for Feb 3/12 and I have had to rent a Uhaul truck from Jan 31 to Feb 3.
Imo that is not cool. i guess they can do whatever though. whn u rent u cant just ask to leave in the middle of the month. so this wil mean i pay rent also start paying my mortgage. Argh

naw, you'll just be paying double-rent... you don't start paying your mortgage until you take ownership. I moved in in August but didn't take ownership until the end of December. The time in between you pay the builder "rent"

Back