News   Jul 04, 2024
 341     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 386     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 944     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I think her name is Dorris or Dorothy. I live in M2 and have got along with all of the concierge except for her! I think she's the only full-time staff and works during the days. She's so rude and short with people. She would give me the meanest look when I ask her to open the recycling room. I try to avoid her when I see her and wait until later if I need to speak to concierge.

Shes ok to me....

M2 people in your next meeting complain. Because guess what, your all paying part of her salary.

Customer service is not easy, but there is no need to receive attitude. I certainly don't want to pay for that

Thank God I live in M1, all of the fulltime concierges in M1 are ubber friendly and helpfull. even the weekend ones are cool. Sorry for your troubles M2. but yea My concierges let me park outside overnight with no problems and they do warn us that if we park on the M2 side we might get a ticket.

Alright everyone, let's calm down for a second here... There is almost no difference between M1 and M2 security. Same company, the people are completely interchangeable... Like Flaco, when you get that warning from your guard, it's not because the M2 guard is a douche. It's because the M1 guard isn't bothering to coordinate with them. They each take responsibility for their own respective side. On the M2 side, if you're not here long enough, they'll just take a vague description of your car, and the suite you're visiting and let you know if you've stayed too long (if they didn't bother giving you a pass because you told them you wouldn't be here long). So it's either a case of your guard being overprotective, or our guard being laissez-faire to not bother with that warning.

The day guard in M2 is Doreen. That's her name. I had one bad incident the first time I met her (which was really just a case of construction problems), and she has been nothing but friendly and helpful since then. If there's one thing she has different than all the other guards, it's that she spends most of her shift right across the lobby from Mauro the manager. She's done at 4 and he's done at 5. I've had an evening guard tell me how miserable that 1 hour can be for them with Mauro breathing down their backs. Though I'm very happy with how the building has been run, so I won't complain about him either. But if she's ticketing you in the daytime (and like I said before, it's just a building ticket and not a city ticket, right?), it's probably because Mauro makes her.

I don't ever really meet the M1 security (besides 1 who I have a lot of mutual friends with), but I really like the bunch we have now in M2. Matt has done a great job trying to get to know everyone. When I was chatting with him the other day, he had people come in and ask for parking passes, and he knew so many people which suites they were going to - not just residents, but their usual guests. Doreen was very helpful when I was first moving in, being patient when I had deliveries and hadn't registered yet, and also made sure to remember who my parents were so she wouldn't have to call up to let them in if they were just parking here to go downtown. Mohammed, ??Vandy?? (the Indian woman), Eric... No complaints whatsoever. Heck, I'm glad to see Eric still here because his 2nd shift in our building was during the blackout, and a month later he had to deal with the overnight fire alarm. It still amazes me how everyone kept shitting on him...

I don't know what to tell you people that don't like her, because one thing that I realized after we lost Shmuel is how much I like the consistency of having the same guards. They get to know us, learn our names, rooms, guests, needs, etc. etc. and it would suck to have to start that all over again with someone new.

I'm glad you've had such a wonderful experience with her, but being told I cannot park in front of the building I live in, in a legit parking spot, because "that parking is for guests only" is ridiculous. It was 10AM on a tuesday and there were 2, 3 cars TOPS parked out there.

Had she said something like "that's really for guests but if you're fast, don't worry about it", it would have been OK because I would have felt like she was actually working on my behalf, but when I had to ask her "do you mind if I park there, I'm only going up for a second to grab something" like she was doing me such a HUGE favour, it was annoying.

My maintenance cheques pay her salary, so Mauro might be her manager, but technically, the residents of the building are her boss

M3 - pdi today!! Tentative occupancy is jan 20th.....anyone get confirmed dates yet?

I'm in M4 and got the final occupancy date notice last May for May 22 2012 and nothing since. Good luck with your PDI Greentea

nope because my occupancy date is not until April. When you see your place, let us know, how it turned out.

Yaz floor are you on? I'm on the 4th. Ya let us know how it went Greentea.

I'm glad you've had such a wonderful experience with her, but being told I cannot park in front of the building I live in, in a legit parking spot, because "that parking is for guests only" is ridiculous. It was 10AM on a tuesday and there were 2, 3 cars TOPS parked out there.

Had she said something like "that's really for guests but if you're fast, don't worry about it", it would have been OK because I would have felt like she was actually working on my behalf, but when I had to ask her "do you mind if I park there, I'm only going up for a second to grab something" like she was doing me such a HUGE favour, it was annoying.

My maintenance cheques pay her salary, so Mauro might be her manager, but technically, the residents of the building are her boss

The residents of the building are her boss, yes, and they told her to ticket cars in front of the building, at least through whichever condo by-laws we agreed to. You're upset with her for doing the job we asked her to do. Also, you're making a huge deal over the pointless orange tickets. Are they really that bad?

In future, just don't tell her if it's just for a second. Just walk in, get what you need, and walk out. That's what I've done.

PDI update!!

I brought two others with me and the gentleman I was dealing with didn't mind (I actually never got his name!). My unit was almost perfect! There was a little bit of white paint blob on my bedroom door and a small dent in my bedroom window screen. The largest defect was the flooring in my room, it looked as if they cut it too short so 2 prices looked rough where it ended at the wall. Finally, one of my kitchen cabinets had a small bubble but really you could only see it from a certain angle and when the light hits it a certain way. However, since it was my upgrade, he agreed to replace for me :) As the inspector was drawing up the paperwork, someone came up immediately to fix the door.

My confirmed occupancy is jan 26th :) .... Does this mean I could be paying rent until April/may?! Some of you aren't moving in until then!

Are those orange tickets parking fines?

They are not fines. Only the municipality has the authority to issue actual fines for parking infractions and to enforce those fines through, for example, preventing you from renewing your license plate sticker until the fines are paid.

Private entities like Imperial Parking (IMPARK), "Municipal Parking Corporation" (misleading name designed to look like the city), etc. can only enforce their tickets in one of two ways. They can send your "fines" to a collection agency (which you can simply dispute). Alternatively they can sue you in Small Claims Court for trespassing or breach of contract, depending on the circumstances. Keep in mind that they will almost never exercise this option because they will spend more money on legal fees than the few dollars they will be able to extract from you. Bottom line: you may well have a legal obligation to pay them, but unlike the city, these private corporations have very little practical way of enforcing that obligation.

Yes, I am a lawyer.

And by the way, unlike the "Municipal Parking Corporation", the Toronto Parking Authority (Green P) is actually a public corporation owned by the City. If you're going to pay to park, it's better to do so at these city lots because at least the money goes back into the city's coffers and gets spent on fun things like Rob Ford's new business cards.

Back