News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 859     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Luckily we only have a couple of things. We only have 1 outstanding item from our PDI. I have a feeling they dont want to fix it. The ceiling in the kitchen wasn't finished properly. I had someone come and fix my floors when it separated, and they did a good job, but it squeaks now when someone walks over that corner. I put that on my list of things too!
Other than that, I've been really lucky with my place. No major issues with the unit.

Have the maintenance fees gone up, or is it still $0.43/sq ft?

I heard they don't let you pay your maintenance fees with a credit card, which makes sense, but if they did allow it, I'd have so many free trips racked up from rewards points. If I could pay my property taxes on my credit card that would be pretty sweet too, considering with my maintenance fees and property tax I'll be paying close to 10k a year.

They are just installing solar panels on the roof. Nothing else is happening on that land right now.

Not to burst anybody's bubble .... but for those that did not follow this development proposal from Day 1, owner of the lands (previously Idomo) had always intended the there would be 6 new buildings in total which would effectively fill in entirely both Allen and Sheppard frontages blocking all sightlines to the former Idomo building ... Liberty Developments only bought the site for 4 buildings which was marketed as Metro Place, but there is certainly more buildings to come, possibly by another builder ??

This is the development scheme which accompanied the original Draft Plan of Subdivision / Rezoning applications:
1100SheppardWest.jpg

Just cameback from the sales centre since we had a few more questions about the building and our unit. Approx 10 or less units remaining between M3 + M4 (free parking no longer included in purchase unless its 2b and bigger). Things are progressing at a good pace. Garage for M3 + M4 is pretty much done on the outside, 90 percent of the units have windows up. As for retail , they already have a dry cleaner, variety store, a few medical offices, coming in, and i hope there will be a coffee shop. A few more retail spots are still up for grabs. (wonder if they built too many, since other condo's close to subway have empty retail spots still)

Anyone who lives on the lower level floors along sheppard, hows the noise insulation?? I'm going to be facing Allen road on a low floor and biggest worry is about the massive traffic that builds up and rushes everyday. It was either higher floor or lower with 9ft ceiling. hopefully the windows help keep the noise out

Last edited:
If all the suites r built like the model suite, then you have nothing to worry about, I couldn't hear the traffic at all. And I was there on a when a lot of traffic went by. But I wonder if they made "adjustments" to the windows in the model suite. I asked the girl giving the tour and she thinks they may be were standard windows (big help from her)
I'm on the 6th floor in m4 facing Allen and I'm hoping for the best with the traffic noise ;)
I was hoping the idomo was going to b a grocery store but that seeme unlikely due to the plans posted earlier in the thread
Oh well 8 months till close ( if it's not bumped) the anticipation is building ;)

i'm on the 5th floor m2, sheppard side and the noise isn't that bad. you can hear rush hour traffic in the morning/afternoon if you have your window/door open, but if everything is closed, you will be fine

its just annoying, if i leave my window open all night, instead of running the AC, i still need to get up and close it at 6AM just to be able to keep sleeping until 7

Hi all,
I have a favour to ask. The party room in M2 is all booked until December and I need to host my engagement party. Family is flying in from out of town. The last thing I expected was that I would not have access to my own party room. I get that it's popular but really, all booked for 3 months?? Anyway, I was hoping that the person who booked on Saturday November 12th might possibly be lurking on this forum. I have managed to book a Sunday in December that will not work for me. Would you (person who has booked on the 12th) be willing to swap? If so, plllleeeasse PM me. I'd be willing to pay $100 for the inconvenience.

merci

Greetings party people, just want to share some awesome news with you all:
Not only we are getting a Starbucks on the Shoppers Plaza, they are opening a LCBO right beside the Drug Mart store!!!

Detail below:
PROJECT
LCBO Store # 642 Interior Fit-Up, Rimrock,
Start Date November 1, 2011
Substantial Performance January 31, 2011

Greetings party people, just want to share some awesome news with you all:
Not only we are getting a Starbucks on the Shoppers Plaza, they are opening a LCBO right beside the Drug Mart store!!!

Detail below:
PROJECT
LCBO Store # 642 Interior Fit-Up, Rimrock,
Start Date November 1, 2011
Substantial Performance January 31, 2011

I'm half "WOOHOO!!!!" and half "Oh great... More people trying to get into their second floor units by jumping from the roof of their car to their balcony" (You can hear the craziest stories from some of our security guards).

Hey, they'll even have a Kosher section! All You Can Drink Manischewitz! http://www.birchcon.ca/linked/rinrock_tender-set.pdf

Last edited:
Are there any fees for renting the party room? What exactly is in the party room?

Something like $100 per event, and I think (I know it's like this for the overnight room) if you're a renter, also a $500 safety deposit.

And we're supposed to be getting a new system soon where we can book the overnight room, party room and golf simulator on a website. There might also be a new discussion board and other features for everyone in the building (and not just those of us smart enough to find this site). There was a morning where all our security guards were crammed in behind the front desk getting trained on it.

11:20am: Power's out, followed a minute later by the fire alarm. Got into the elevator as soon as the fire marshall announced it was working again. The super got on at G carrying a huge fan. I asked if the power outage and fire alarm were related. He says 'yeah.' I point to the sign about the gym power going out today and ask if it's related to that. He gets a sheepish look on his face and goes 'yeahhh...'

So yeah... Writing this on my iPhone...

Back