News   Jun 26, 2024
 49     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I'm half "WOOHOO!!!!" and half "Oh great... More people trying to get into their second floor units by jumping from the roof of their car to their balcony" (You can hear the craziest stories from some of our security guards).

Hey, they'll even have a Kosher section! All You Can Drink Manischewitz! http://www.birchcon.ca/linked/rinrock_tender-set.pdf

Wait are you talking about people in our building trying to get into their second floor units by jumping on the roof of their car?

11:20am: Power's out, followed a minute later by the fire alarm. Got into the elevator as soon as the fire marshall announced it was working again. The super got on at G carrying a huge fan. I asked if the power outage and fire alarm were related. He says 'yeah.' I point to the sign about the gym power going out today and ask if it's related to that. He gets a sheepish look on his face and goes 'yeahhh...'

So yeah... Writing this on my iPhone...

Stupid fire alarm scared the hell out of my puppy thus me being late to work.

Be aware M2!! Circuit outlet were not installed safely and Superintendent turned us away.

2 Weeks ago the washing machine was down and whirlpool sent someone to fix the washer under warranty. He said whoever installed the machine switch the cold and hot tubes water which messed up the sensors of the washing machine. Today Saturday Sept 3 whirlpool came back to replace the parts we had to take down the dryer that was mounted on top and once the washer was fixed the technician. He mounted back the dryer and tried to plug the dryer back to the outlet and instantly a spark occurred. Instantly all the power went out in our unit. We quickly head over to the fuse box and tried countless of time switching off and on and wasn’t able to get any power. We headed down to concierge explained what happened. Concierge tried to call the superintendant, but couldn’t get a hold of him and left a voicemail. Finally, when the superintendant called back and the concierge tried to explain our situation to him he said they can’t help us since if there is no power within our unit and we had to resolve this ourselves. He told us to find an electrician and we need to pay. I was so upset and shocked since I didn’t expect that when there are situations like this you can’t call anybody since they don’t work on weekends. We were helpless since we didn’t know where to find help. Concierge suggested some electrician contacts. We tried calling the electrician the building used and they also turn us down since they only support the maintenance building. They told us they required the superintendant to call them. After rounds and rounds of calling we finally stumble on the Electrician to come. He came and opened the outlet and to our surprise the wires were burnt and melted. This really made us feel so unsafe. The electrician said this should be covered under the builder since it was burning on the inside. He was surprise no one cared. This could have lead to a fire hazard. We took pictures as evidence. The electrician called the superintendent and told him what happen and the superintendent said he didn’t believe him that the wires were burnt and that he didn’t feel he needs to come by since he‘s 2.5 hours away. I’m really sadden and furious after hearing this. I just wanted to let people know so they can prepare themselves.

Hey, did you get everything fixed here? was Liberty able to refund you anything? thank God my suite was fince from day one and havent had anything go wrong with it. Hope all went well. Guesing who ever installed the wires that day probably did it on a Monday asfter a CRAZY weekend.

Hey, did you get everything fixed here? was Liberty able to refund you anything? thank God my suite was fince from day one and havent had anything go wrong with it. Hope all went well. Guesing who ever installed the wires that day probably did it on a Monday asfter a CRAZY weekend.

Nope, they said that if was within 1 year they would fix it but it is already over 1 year so it is our responsibility, even if your unit has no power, your responsible to call your own electrician to go downstairs and get access into the circuit room just to flip a switch.

that's nuts, what the hell kind of people are living in our building? care to share some other stories?

He didn't tell me any others really, just that most extreme case. There's apparently usually lots of fun with drunks many Friday & Saturday nights. There was a time I took a box down to the front desk, but had to wait while an older woman reported to security "I smell hash coming from my nextdoor neighbour!" (Funny, I smelt that from my nextdoor neighbour the day I moved in, but my only complaint was my sister insisting on visiting me more often after that!)

And one thing that Eric was relieved he didn't have to deal with (cuz he's had the blackout, the 2am fire alarm AND the car roof guy on his shifts) was the car that rammed into a pole on Sheppard and left a few pieces of his car on the sidewalk... The driver (not a resident) got out of the car unhurt, and made sure to move all the beer bottles from the car to the trunk... The fun never stops at Metro Place!

Hoping someone can help...
The wind this weekend blew a seat cushion off my balcony... by any chance (fingers crossed) anybody see it or has it? It's grey.

:(

I have a client interested in this building. She is looking for a 2 bedroom (plus den if possible) If anyone is considering selling send me a message.

M3 - getting in?

hi
anyone here moving into M3?
Do you have any pictures of the interior of the suites yet?
need to have some measurements or at least an idea of how the suite looks as I currently have a 3 bedroom house and need to seriously downsize and want to know what I can keep.
thanks all

hi
anyone here moving into M3?
Do you have any pictures of the interior of the suites yet?
need to have some measurements or at least an idea of how the suite looks as I currently have a 3 bedroom house and need to seriously downsize and want to know what I can keep.
thanks all

There might be pics if you go back in the previous 164 pages... Not of M3, but M1 and M2. You could always ask if Liberty still has the model suites and check those out. Security is very tight right now but once the first people move in, people will probably sneak over there regularly and check things out, and you might be able to too. Not saying you should do that last one, but other people probably will (and did with M1 and M2).

Anyone got their property tax bills? During occupancy; do we still have to pay for the property tax? Or the builder pays that portion? Thanks!

Yes, you will receive your property tax bills just over a year after occupancy. You will need to pay for both the year you moved in (which is a much smaller amount) and the year after that...So you are going to have to pay directly to the City.

If you have yours tied in with your mortgage however, you will need to bring your bills to the bank so they can pay...

For ex, I moved in Aug 2010. I received my bills for both 2010 and 2011 in Oct 2011. One set of bills is due Nov 2011 and the other set is due Dec 2011.

So make sure to put aside some funds for that when it comes in! It's over $2000!

Anyone got their property tax bills? During occupancy; do we still have to pay for the property tax? Or the builder pays that portion? Thanks!

Check with your lawyer or call Liberty. According to my lawyer, Liberty owes some of the 2010 tax. My sister in a different Liberty property just got her tax bills, and called Liberty. If you fax them your property tax bill, they'll send you a cheque for their amount. Again, check with Liberty or your lawyer before you pay it.

Check with your lawyer or call Liberty. According to my lawyer, Liberty owes some of the 2010 tax. My sister in a different Liberty property just got her tax bills, and called Liberty. If you fax them your property tax bill, they'll send you a cheque for their amount. Again, check with Liberty or your lawyer before you pay it.

Thanks!
By any chance do you have Liberty contact # ? Thanks again!

Back