News   Jun 26, 2024
 43     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I-Need-to-Know, gosh, I'm sorry to hear about the pain that you had to go thru! WTH kind of superintendent do you have?! And why the F do would they hire someone who lives 2.5hrs away?! Hopefully, it's not the same dude shared amongst the buildings!

BTW, let us know how it all works out for you. Hoping you won't be responsible for repair?

I-Need-to-Know, gosh, I'm sorry to hear about the pain that you had to go thru! WTH kind of superintendent do you have?! And why the F do would they hire someone who lives 2.5hrs away?! Hopefully, it's not the same dude shared amongst the buildings!

BTW, let us know how it all works out for you. Hoping you won't be responsible for repair?

I think he's probably just away for the weekend. I believe he lives in the complex (there's a note about the superintendent's suite in our packages, and if it is who I think it is, he was here pretty quickly the night of the 2am fire alarm). Just keep on them. Besides the super, who else is there? Customer Care? Liberty? Tarion?

Thanks for clarifying. You're right, he prob is away for the long weekend.

Anyone can tell what mainetence costs now? I think I was quoted $.43/sq ft. Wonder how high it is now?

Not a big fan of how the super handled the situation mentioned (prob annoyed that he couldn't enjoy a holiday without complaint).

Regardless he should of been more helpful and sensitive about the situation. Maybe suggest that he is unable to get back until a few days , but at least take some pics, write a report etc.

I need to know, i suggest you get a second opinion with your issue. If nobody else has had your problem yet, your situation could be an isolated one. Could be the machines that caused the damaged, could be a slew of things outside the developer that could of caused it, or it could of been the developers builders fault like you believe.

hope it resolves soon, let us know how it turns out.

Took plenty of pictures for proof, in regards to what sparked the wires, electrician said that it has nothing to do with the Dryer, had to do with poor wiring inside the outlet that was installed behind the walls, so definitely not the machine that caused the spark.
Just went downstairs to customer care, a guy took down my info as Ulanda was not in yet. Waiting for a call soon.

Went down to see Ulanda, told her our situation. She took photocopies of pictures and invoice from electrician and will write a report then submit to Liberty HQ, it will be up to Liberty to see if they want to reimburse or not. Not sure if i should file a report with Tarion as well.

Tarion doesn't cover this issue. I guess up to Liberty HQ now, was advised by Ulanda that it will take couple days for this to get processed.

Tarion doesn't cover this issue. I guess up to Liberty HQ now, was advised by Ulanda that it will take couple days for this to get processed.

Sorry to hear that... Why Tarion doesn't cover this issue? Under the Two Year Warranty, I found this - "Defects in work or materials in the electrical".

have any of you given copies of your Tarion 1-year form to the management office? How necessary is this? I work 9-5 and I'm never around when the management office is open. Thankfully you can file your 1-year with Tarion online but I haven't had a chance to give the management office a copy...

Anyone else give their copy in or can we rely on Tarion to get in touch with Liberty?

Sorry to hear that... Why Tarion doesn't cover this issue? Under the Two Year Warranty, I found this - "Defects in work or materials in the electrical".

No clue, the tarion representative specifically told me they don't warranty electrical work, the builder does that.

I faxed mine directly to LIBERTY HQ. I called them and asked them where it should go and they told me to mail it or fax it to them directly.
This is their fax number: (905) 731-6826

After I sent it to Tarion, I received a letter in the mail confirming they received it. Hopefully they will get the deficiencies repaired soon!

have any of you given copies of your Tarion 1-year form to the management office? How necessary is this? I work 9-5 and I'm never around when the management office is open. Thankfully you can file your 1-year with Tarion online but I haven't had a chance to give the management office a copy...

Anyone else give their copy in or can we rely on Tarion to get in touch with Liberty?

I got a call from Metroplace today to schedule a time for them to come into my unit re: the one year deficiencies. :) Hopefully they fix the issues.

nice, i only sent my tarion stuff to liberty today, so it will probably be a week till i hear from them

only 1 deficiency! i don't want to jinx myself, but since moving in i haven't had ANY issues... all my PDI issues were minor and fixed right away and so far the only issue i had was with my hardwood flooring - as the building settled and shifted, some gaps have appeared between my hardwood floors and the wall. the nice thing is its an easy fix even if i have to do them myself

Back