News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 861     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

i really like this progect and looking to buy a unit 1 or 1+1 bedroom . do you guys know if still any south view availble?
thanks

Yes, this is the reason that they don't allow anyone into their unit before the occupancy date so that they can't do any upgrades on their own and have to use them. For example, I wanted my blinds to be installed before I moved in and had to pay the design center $5000. If I had waited until after I was living in the unit it could have been done for $2500. By the way I paid $250 to get the mirrors in the second bedroom but it was never installed and I had to wait for a long time to get my money back. I ended up calling a mirror company on my own to get mirrors installed. You are correct that "all the upgrades are at least twice as expensive as regular price."

I just checked the retail price of the upgraded hand showerhead I got, it's $70! I paid $210 for each, so it's 3 times as much. Wow, they're making huge profits on these upgrades. I guess if I were to get all of these upgrades on my own I'd pay $2000 instead of $6000. I expected the upgrade costs to be double the retail value, but not triple.

i really like this progect and looking to buy a unit 1 or 1+1 bedroom . do you guys know if still any south view availble?
thanks

None from the builder in M3, unless there's some 2nd or 3rd floor ones I didn't notice. You'll have to buy one resale. There's one in M2 going for $290,000 asking.

I just checked the retail price of the upgraded hand showerhead I got, it's $70! I paid $210 for each, so it's 3 times as much. Wow, they're making huge profits on these upgrades. I guess if I were to get all of these upgrades on my own I'd pay $2000 instead of $6000. I expected the upgrade costs to be double the retail value, but not triple.

is it a delta? i snagged a delta hand shower head at HD for 70$ and installed it in under 5 minutes

i'm all for convenience, and some upgrades definitely make sense, especially flooring, counters, cabinets.... but it seems there are a lot of people happy to be ripped off. "i know its 3 times the price but i dont want to have to do it myself"

$5,000 for blinds just because you don't want to have to wait a week after you move in to have them installed for a fraction of the price?

lol

One of the reasons they dont let you in before the move in date is because of warranty. Imagine if you are adding the blinds yourself and make several holes on the walls in the wrong place. Who is to fix that? You or the builder? And if you go in before hand does it void your warranty? Think of it like buying a phone, there is a sticker that clearly states that if you open the phone your warranty will be void, makes sense TO ME. Now if people don't want to wait or deal with it themselves then it is up to them to pay the extra cost. Just dont complain about it over & over & over & over again. You should have done your research before going into the design centre. I was happy with the prices on the things I picked that I knew would be hard to do afterwards and did my own things, like building my own walk-in closet.

Did any one go to the meet & greet. I wanted to go but had previous arrangements.

Seems that they have started to build the park as they are starting the stair that go from M2 to the park.

Can anyone confirm how long it took from interim occupancy until M1 and M2 got registered? Was it essentially 6 months from when the first person moved in?

Can anyone confirm how long it took from interim occupancy until M1 and M2 got registered? Was it essentially 6 months from when the first person moved in?

Moved in mid July last summer and registration was a week or so before Christmas if I'm not mistaken, so about 5 months for me. I'm 8th floor M1 so I was probably one of the earlier units to take occupancy so others were likely much shorter.

Back