News   Jul 11, 2024
 4.9K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 513     4 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 584     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I have read people referring to 3 months free on here. I never received anything when I bought. Is there a specific person to call or offer to quote? 3 months free sounds pretty good to me.

I never got anything either, someone will call you from Rogers 2-3 weeks prior to your move in date with details from Rogers. i will see if I can post his info on here once I get home.

The best cable internet is now available from TekSavvy. Their 10mb down offering is $42 compared to Rogers at $59 + modem rental. Bell's FIBE is the fastest at $52 + modem rental on a contract.

Thanks GPalltheway & Flaco7 for the insurance info. I too will most likely only get fire/content insurance. I will shop around for prices.

I got the letter for booking elevators and have booked my time already (although I still have about 2 months to go till move in... so far away...)

So we have our official addresses now it seems:

M1: 55 De Boers Drive, Toronto, Ontario M3J 0G5
M2: 1070 Sheppard Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario M3J 0G8

But it mentions that until the buildings have a "certain level of occupancy", mail delivery will all be sent to a Canada Post Depot at 2800 Keele St. (with extremely limited pick up hours of Mon-Fri 8am to 2pm). I wonder what they mean by 'certain level of occupancy'... When I had gone to check out the model suites, I thought I had heard the sales staff mention that M1 was almost sold out - only one suite left on level 5... but again, I think many of us here have learned to not really trust what the sales staff say... Regardless, I hope it's soon - not only is the post depot out of the way, but those pick up hours suck crap.

Thanks GPalltheway & Flaco7 for the insurance info. I too will most likely only get fire/content insurance. I will shop around for prices.

I got the letter for booking elevators and have booked my time already (although I still have about 2 months to go till move in... so far away...)

So we have our official addresses now it seems:

M1: 55 De Boers Drive, Toronto, Ontario M3J 0G5
M2: 1070 Sheppard Avenue West, Toronto, Ontario M3J 0G8

But it mentions that until the buildings have a "certain level of occupancy", mail delivery will all be sent to a Canada Post Depot at 2800 Keele St. (with extremely limited pick up hours of Mon-Fri 8am to 2pm). I wonder what they mean by 'certain level of occupancy'... When I had gone to check out the model suites, I thought I had heard the sales staff mention that M1 was almost sold out - only one suite left on level 5... but again, I think many of us here have learned to not really trust what the sales staff say... Regardless, I hope it's soon - not only is the post depot out of the way, but those pick up hours suck crap.

sucks to be in M1 with a de boers address, i'd much prefer a sheppard ave address...

coldstudio, are you in m1 or 2? I move into m2 in 2.5 months and haven't received any letter for anything yet...

COLDSTUDIOS What they are talking about is people actually moving in. so basically don’t expect any mail to come in to the buildings until after at least 50% of the occupants have moved in.

9 more days 'till I get my keys and 7 more 'till PDI

sucks to be in M1 with a de boers address, i'd much prefer a sheppard ave address...

coldstudio, are you in m1 or 2? I move into m2 in 2.5 months and haven't received any letter for anything yet...

Tell me aobut it... it doensn't even show up on Google maps yet... (Mapquest works though)

I'm in M1 but I just got the letter 2 days ago. You should probably get it in the next few days or so if you're moving in around the same time.

COLDSTUDIOS What they are talking about is people actually moving in. so basically don’t expect any mail to come in to the buildings until after at least 50% of the occupants have moved in.

Thanks for the clarification Flaco7. I thought that's what they meant...but I guess I've come to instinctively make pessimistic assumptions when reading letters from this condo... :p

9 more days 'till I get my keys and 7 more 'till PDI

Lucky Duck. Good luck with the PDI and move-in

I work around the area and am actually getting a little interested in the developments at that corner. It's funny how they depict Downsview as a lush, green park though, huh? :)

Has anyone from M2 heard about PDI or confirmed occupancy dates? It seems that everyone who has heard from the builder is on M1. I hope they are not delaying sending out because they are planning a last min bump.

Has anyone from M2 heard about PDI or confirmed occupancy dates? It seems that everyone who has heard from the builder is on M1. I hope they are not delaying sending out because they are planning a last min bump.

I haven't gotten my PDI appointment set up yet, and I'm in M1. When I did call to ask questions, I had told them what floor and when my occupancy date was scheduled for and they said that it was still a little too early and someone would contact me closer to my move in date (I'm guessing somewhere from 2 months or so before the scheduled move-in date). From what I can see passing by the site everyday, they look like they're frantically trying to finish up so I can't imagine there being anymore delays (knock on wood). I don't know what level you're on in M2, but I think those of us with the later move-in dates should be getting stuff like PDI appointments etc; in the next couple of weeks or so.

BTW, I noticed that the crane for the final phase (Parkside Towers) has gone up.

Not yet, i'll let you know if anything.

Back