News   Jul 04, 2024
 431     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 477     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 1K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

does anyone know if there are any units left in M2 (or even M1)?
or does anyone know of any assignments that are available?

I'm looking for a 1-bdrm

I'm looking for a 1-bdrm

Hey, I was there on the weekend and they do have a couple left on both M1 & M2. I actually have the units & prices. I will upload it today or tomorrow when I get home.

mrl14 - you don't work for tridel do you?

No, I don't work for Tridel.

And yes I own in M2.

My point is that they are not approachable like other builders are. I know there are always delays, but you need to be in constant communication with your clients and keep them in the loop.

All I want is a reason why there was an 8 month delay. It's a simple request. As my original plans were for a January 2010 move in.

Last edited:
I purchased pre-constructed condo from Tridel and other builder before and all builders are same. The main reason for the delay is due to financing arrangement. Bank will not provide financing to builder until substantial units are sold. Therefore, builder cannot start construction until certain % of units are sold and this is the main reason for the delay. Project from Tridel may have more realistic closing date as it is a big builder and many people like buying condo from this builder. As a result, Tridel can meet bank's requirement faster and get money to start construction.

I'm looking for a 1-bdrm

M1 - Old mill 1st floor / Royal York 1st Floor / Queens Park 2nd Floor
M2 - Old Mill 2nd floor

Thats all I know.

All I want is a reason why there was an 8 month delay. It's a simple request. As my original plans were for a January 2010 move in.

I agree with you! I want a real no bullsh** reason and Ill be happy.

I know there was a delay to start digging because of the business community around the area did not approve of the condos. There were a couple of meetings held to gather opinions. Its all in the public reports. But why the jump from 09 occupancy to late 10 is beyond me.

I purchased pre-constructed condo from Tridel and other builder before and all builders are same. The main reason for the delay is due to financing arrangement. Bank will not provide financing to builder until substantial units are sold. Therefore, builder cannot start construction until certain % of units are sold and this is the main reason for the delay. Project from Tridel may have more realistic closing date as it is a big builder and many people like buying condo from this builder. As a result, Tridel can meet bank's requirement faster and get money to start construction.

Units sold real quick in the beginning and financing was met pretty quick for M1.

Then I don't know the reason for the delay. Even big builder need to have 70-75% of unit sold in order to get financing from bank. As Liberty is a small builder with short history in condo market, bank may require higher % of unit sold but I am not sure.

1. liberty wants to get paid
2. they don't get paid till we move in
3. the delays, while i'm sure are b.s. are the same delays every builder/buyer faces, doesn't matter on the builder and/or how much you paid

personally im glad im not getting a letter or phone call every two week updating me on the situation

"hey, we need another 2 weeks, we'll talk to you in a bit"

i'm a first time buyer but i knew buying a condo in a building that didn't exist yet would take time.

fall will be a fun time for all of us, in the meantime enjoy having something this big to be excited about

fall will be a fun time for all of us, in the meantime enjoy having something this big to be excited about

I agree ^_^ At first when I saw the last letter from Liberty that I got telling me of another delay, I was annoyed - especially since I pass by it every day and both buildings looked like they were well on schedule for the previous completion date I was given.... Now, it's just a matter of praying that I don't come home to another one of those letters (LOL)... (dang... I was hoping to get in before the summer... I don't know if I could survive another summer in a non-air conditioned place)

This morning I saw that the balcony glasses have been installed more than half way up for M1 and for some of the lower levels on M2, and they're moving along with the underground parking area.

Crossing fingers here... those in M1 and M2 should be moved in in about 5 months (even less if you're on the lower levels of M1)!

I don't know if this interests anyone, but I had a lot of fun with this site: http://www.floorplanner.com/ which allows you to play around with floor plans by adding furniture etc; etc;
You can upload a scan of your actual floor plan and set it to a certain scale so that you can add furniture by exact measurements and give yourself an idea where things can go and so on. I plan on buying a lot of new furniture so this was actually pretty handy and giving me an idea what can fit where. I know that the exact measurements of a floor plan will most likely differ from the finished unit, but still - some thing to give yourself an idea at least...

Last edited:
As of Last Saturday this is what I have

M1
Old mill 1st & 2nd floors $257,000.00
Bloor @nd floor $271,000.00
Spadina 1st floor $ 276,000.00
Royal York 1st Floor $272,000.00
Queens Park 1st & 2nd Floor $277,000.00
Davisville 2nd floor $283,000.00

M2

Old mill 1st & 2nd floors $256,000.00
Queens Park 1st Floor $277,000.00
Ellesmere 1st floor $281,000.00
Yonge 2nd floor $296,000.00

Hey if you are going to go in and buy, want to use me as a reference? I get a credit if you do so. PLS & THX
If you want prices for M3 & M4 let me know.

1. liberty wants to get paid
2. they don't get paid till we move in
3. the delays, while i'm sure are b.s. are the same delays every builder/buyer faces, doesn't matter on the builder and/or how much you paid

personally im glad im not getting a letter or phone call every two week updating me on the situation

"hey, we need another 2 weeks, we'll talk to you in a bit"

i'm a first time buyer but i knew buying a condo in a building that didn't exist yet would take time.

TARION does not work like that. They only have so many extensions.

Back