News   Apr 29, 2024
 98     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 320     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.9K     6 

London (Ontario) vehicular terrorist attack

According to every eyewitness reports - the motorist revved his engine went up on the sidewalk sped towards this family. He was also wearing military helmet and had armour on. The police seem to have more than enough evidence that this family was killed intentionally.
Interesting, armour and a military helmet? Was he driving around thus garbed looking for specific targets? The courts will tell us in time.

I'd be a terrible witness since most cars are so tinted you can't see much, and to notice the specifics of someone's headgear and the presence body armour (rather than a vest), that'd be beyond my skills of observation and recall.

The police and prosecution often charge the max so they can land somewhere in the middle. So discern from the immediate evidence that the family was killed intentionally and now try to make it stick.

This is a terrible tragedy. I worry how the kid will live for the rest of his life without a family. I wish our country was more peaceful and harmonious.
One thing that does annoy me is the constant use of 'white supremacy', without any context or proof that that is the case. The term applies to people that think whites are better than non-whites. We still don't know if that's the case here, so using this term is misleading. So I believe it's far more appropriate to speculate that it is 'islamophobia' or 'hate'. Problem is, there's a trend in assuming that since the perpetrator is white, therefore it must be white supremacy. It's wrong to do that, just like it's wrong to assume that a violent act committed by a Muslim is terrorism. Singling out a certain group of people based on race is the definition of racism, and we shouldn't fight racism with reverse-racism.

Yes race baiting and fear mongering like Jagmeet's Singh's comments on the London attack, is only going to make things worse. Yes we have systemic racism in Canada, but to say the country is a racist nation, is just ridiculous!

"Our Canada is a place where you can't walk down the streets if you wear a hijab because you will be killed—this is our Canada. We can't deny it," says Jagmeet Singh re: London attack. "How many more families will be killed before we do something?" the NDP leader asks.

"Our Canada is a place where you can't walk down the streets if you wear a hijab because you will be killed—this is our Canada. We can't deny it," says Jagmeet Singh re: London attack. "How many more families will be killed before we do something?" the NDP leader asks.
This is not just wrong, it's incredibly irresponsible for him to say it!

Every damn politician is trying to get their five minutes milking this tragedy. I want to hear from the PM and maybe the Premier, not from politicians in opposition. I know it's a minority government in Ottawa, but still, there needn't be a conga line of politicians seeking the camera.

Apparently he had just been paintballing. That's why he was wearing armour and a helmet. I swear to god, if the allegations of racism were fabricated, I'm gonna lose my faith in society

Please remember that the police are the ones who have said this was a targeted crime, hence the murder charges. They wouldn't say that without good reason.
We don't know their reasoning, but it what if they just saw his paintball armour + the acceleration of the car and thought it was a good enough reason to press charges?

They didn't lay charges until the next day, it wasn't a knee jerk reaction.

Idk. We'll just have to see what the judiciary will have to say on this. I want facts, not politically-motivated allegations. To be clear, what happened is obviously a tragedy regardless of why it happened.

Completely agree.

The idea that anyone with a head covering in Canada is afraid to walk down the street is absolutely offensive. His warped desire to make as much political hay out of this tragedy is further proof that he is totally unfit to be PM.

As far as London being a racist capitol, that is complete bunk. This kind of perverse action could happen in any city or town in the country as you always have lunatics like this guy in every facet of society. Frankly I have always found there is a lot more racism in our biggest cities where you have huge ethnic communities like Richmond or Brampton where the lack of integration with the society at large {whether that be Caucasian or any other ethnic/racial group} breeds bigotry due to little interaction with other racial/ethnic communities.

Frankly I have always found there is a lot more racism in our biggest cities where you have huge ethnic communities like Richmond or Brampton where the lack of integration with the society at large {whether that be Caucasian or any other ethnic/racial group} breeds bigotry due to little interaction with other racial/ethnic communities.
Ahhh yes. The guy who routinely complains about immigrants thinks the immigrants are the problem.

So basically you're suggesting the family bears responsibility for their deaths because they weren't sufficiently integrated. If only she didn't wear that hijab.

Canadian Press via CP24 has new details on the perpetrator and the moments immediately after.

He yelled at our colleague to call police because he had killed somebody,” Savehilaghi said. It was then that the cab driver noticed heavy damage to the front of the pickup truck, as well as the presence of a lot of blood, Savehilaghi said. The cab driver called 911 and, while on the line with the dispatcher, noticed a police car going by, Savehilaghi recounted.

The taxi driver immediately sprinted after the officer and told her what he had heard from the man in the truck, the company president said. The officer and a few others came over to the truck and took the man out of the vehicle, he said.

The man who was in the pickup truck wore a military helmet and what appeared to be an armoured vest, Savehilaghi said his employee recounted. Once police removed those items, the taxi driver “noticed swastika signs on the chest of (the man's) T-shirt,” his employer said.

“He was laughing the entire time and he was chanting something,” and asked the taxi driver to record the arrest and “make a movie of him,” Savehilaghi said.

Back