News   May 10, 2024
 136     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 292     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 729     0 

Leslieville / Studio District

Someone in another online forum has posted Paula Fletcher's (the local councillor) response to inquiries about the LRV yard location: http://www.leslieviller.com/xn/detail/2762268:Comment:12061:

I have written to both the TTC and the City Manager supporting placing the facility at Ashbridges Bay, and asking that Eastern be eliminated as an option.

The TTC will be recommending to City Council that the facility be located at the Ashbridges Bay site.

Judging by the map of proposed sites at http://www.toronto.ca/involved/projects/lrv/index.htm, that choice might mean less disruption of residential streets in the Pape/Eastern, LRV traffic to/from the yard would be on Leslie--not sure how that location would work in practise.

Any of you have the story on that house on Bertmount (about a block north of Queen) that is covered in dolls and other similarly creepy decorations? What is going on there?

Last edited:
I recently spoke to a friend who lives across the street from it who told me that the owner/designer has fallen behind in her maintenance duties - it has become somewhat dowdy of late. I suggested we get a guerrilla force together and help restock her garden with perky new critters one night.

So the people in the neighborhood like it/don't mind it? I have to believe there is some kind of bylaw that could be enforced if someone really wanted to push the issue.

I like to think that I'm pretty easy going, I usually don't care what any of my neighbors do but I couldn't imagine living across the street from that.

Its your rights as a citizen and owner to enjoy your property.
It shouldnt be a question that you get to extract maximum utility on a daily basis and if your neighbors infringe on that, then they must change their habits.

Bottom line.

Its your rights as a citizen and owner to enjoy your property.
It shouldnt be a question that you get to extract maximum utility on a daily basis and if your neighbors infringe on that, then they must change their habits.

Bottom line.

I think you noted a legalistic definition, but I would argue the bottom line is that you ought treat your neighbours the way you would like to be treated.

I guess it goes both ways.. the disruptive party might be trying to enjoy their property but if it infringes on the general utility of the neighborhood, it needs to be curtailed.

I can see how the argument was confusing

I'm thinking about moving to Leslieville in the Queen/Jones area.

Any thoughts, opinions, or tips from the people who currently live in the area?

I'm thinking about moving to Leslieville in the Queen/Jones area.

Any thoughts, opinions, or tips from the people who currently live in the area?

wanted to bump this up ... also interested in hearing peoples opinion on the current state of Leslieville along with its future potential.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much love for Leslieville on this forum.

One thing I've noticed is that businesses seem to generally close earlier than they did in Hillcrest on St. Clair. It's frustrating when places close at 6pm or 7pm.

I love the area myself; but as I'm just east of Coxwell, and not as tune with housing in the area, I felt unable to comment.

It's barely out of the first phase of gentrification - bright-eyed and bushy-tailed retro stores like Ethel and Machine Age Modern, a few restaurants and trendy bakeries, cheese shops and weekend brunch places - so it's unlikely to be a hive of retail activity at all hours quite yet. The residential streets are seeing plenty of house renos and it feels like prime Riverdale did about 20 years ago.

Jones could be such a grand boulevard if it tried.

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much love for Leslieville on this forum.

One thing I've noticed is that businesses seem to generally close earlier than they did in Hillcrest on St. Clair. It's frustrating when places close at 6pm or 7pm.

We live in Corktown, and I thought we would spend our time heading west into downtown. Instead we typically head east to Riverside/Leslieville for kicks.

Back