News   May 10, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   May 10, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     0 

King-Queen-Roncy Intersection/ROW

Where would a westbound 508 passenger (if 508 ever runs again) disembark, if the other one has been removed?
For those who don't know, this was a "proposal" from 2019-2020. See link.

streetcarnetworkenhancement.jpg

A proposed route network was shown in the workshops, but it is not in the final report.

The changes include:
  • Route 501A would operate between Neville Loop and Sunnyside Loop.
  • Route 501B would operate between Long Branch Loop and a new Riverside Loop to be built on the land now occupied by a parking lot on Broadview north of Queen. This land is owned by the TTC.
  • The consolidation of routes 502 Downtowner and 503 Kingston Road is permanent.
  • Route 503 would operate between Bingham Loop and Dufferin Loop.
  • Route 504B would operate between Broadview Station and Humber Loop, later to a proposed Park Lawn loop.
Note that this is a draft and only gives an indication of the TTC’s thoughts on what might happen. It is subject to the acquisition of more streetcars, public consultation on the route changes and budget approval.
Maybe with a new transit-oriented mayor. (Maybe with a future transit-oriented premier.)

Where would a westbound 508 passenger (if 508 ever runs again) disembark, if the other one has been removed?
You have me on that other than the old location. I know they were using the old location while the 504 was on detour.

My understanding that TTC was planning on removing the stops on King at Queen and haven't look closely if that has happen since the 504 started to use Roncesvalles again.

Just saw a streetcar going up King turning onto the Queensway, not in service with a few TTC trucks with it. I assume they are testing on King west of Dufferin, looks like the last of the wires are slowly being put up at the base of Roncey.

Just saw a streetcar going up King turning onto the Queensway, not in service with a few TTC trucks with it. I assume they are testing on King west of Dufferin, looks like the last of the wires are slowly being put up at the base of Roncey.
The OS has been in place since the 16th west of Dufferin and on Roncesvalles. Most likely doing the testing of the King Line.

The question is, will all Roncesvalles platforms be ready for the 6th as a number of them are not done??

The OS has been in place since the 16th west of Dufferin and on Roncesvalles. Most likely doing the testing of the King Line.

The question is, will all Roncesvalles platforms be ready for the 6th as a number of them are not done??
Once the overhead catenary is completed, the streetcars don't have to use any unfinished platforms. Just like the buses, they can use the roadway before or after the platforms.

Once the overhead catenary is completed, the streetcars don't have to use any unfinished platforms. Just like the buses, they can use the roadway before or after the platforms.
Only at the street intersections, as cars are parked on both sides of the platform with no room for the ramp for those who need it. Should had been done last year.

Just like the streetcars do at stops without platforms.

You can't do that by the platforms when cars are parked there. Has to be done at the intersection unless there is no car parked there at the time. Have you seen Roncesvalles without cars??

That is standard for stops without platforms and have seen it used many times, even for platforms.

Back