King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

6th floor

They've started painting the hallways. Dark Grey.

bad neighbour, it's a nice building but I think the execution was poor. Nice design and materials but the construction has been poor IMO. The lack of quality control is also concerning. Feels like a lot of the stuff was done by handymen and not actual trades...just my opinion.

lights in hall on 6th floor none work no bulbs and half of them are cracked or broken! plus they are the perfect height to hit your head! emblematic of the construction process at 330 king east.space is great in unit workmanship poor we all agree and not normal for you first time buyers!i see that ph at parc is for sale for 756 dollars per sq ft so translate to 330 king st we have all made money.the balcony roof guy hasnt finished yet and said he wont return till he is paid so my terrace suffers crappy view of half finished roof and big sq drain holes on terrace surface.last 3 weeks no fixes in my unit .bedroom door has been cracked for over 10 weeks now yet not replaced.i just sigh now.bbq up and running though !does anybody have thoughts on when the building might be registered?

I agree 100%. The execution was poor, communication bad, construction not the best, and QA? There's no QA. You are the QA, I am the QA... the quality control was probably the most annoying part. Having said that, I still think it's a great building and the materials are great quality. Once all the issues are sorted out then everything will look nicer, but yeah the process was annoying.

I couldn't imagine how people who rent or were moving in from another owned property would do this, what with the ever moving target date being literally undefined until they finally call you and tell you that you can pick up your keys. I had to move back to my folks' place to save enough money so for me the occupancy date wasn't a big deal.

I'm generally more positive about the whole thing though because I just expected the worst process, but a good place once everything has been fixed. I will be sending out an email to the developer once everything is finished to give them some tips from the customer's perspective. I think it's the nature of the beast... the way the rules are setup and all that, this is why the dates are all over the place and the communication sucks.

Lucky for you is you kinda knew what to expect as I believe you moved in later. Those of us who moved in at the beginning of November got completely blindsided. It's nice and all and everyone who comes over raves about how nice the place is but if I could do things over again I'd buy somewhere else.

Almost all of 13th floor is occupied, according to the signs on the doors. I still don't have bedroom doors but hopefully they'll get installed at some point!

Lucky for you is you kinda knew what to expect as I believe you moved in later. Those of us who moved in at the beginning of November got completely blindsided. It's nice and all and everyone who comes over raves about how nice the place is but if I could do things over again I'd buy somewhere else.

I just figured I would expect the worst. I explained to a few family and friends that it was like buying a car that the dealership went mudding with first, and then they gave it to you all dirty - oh and there's no dash board, and while you're at work they're going to be fixing your car now and again for the next several months. And your car also cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, and is the most expensive thing you'll buy in your life.

But... my personal philosophy in life is to not get stressed out over things that are small, and especially things that you cannot control, as that is not good for your health and well being.

So I submitted my deficiency list (pretty last minute, down to the wire ha)...

About 30 deficiencies were listed, though I probably missed a few very minor issues but that's fine as I can fix them myself. The biggest & most important ones were:

- bedroom doors not installed
- half of my electrical outlets don't have the covers put on.
- A tile in my bathtub was not cut properly for the faucet, and they used a sealant to close it. Looks FUGLY.
- My balcony door is not sealed 100% at the top and it causes this howling noise on windy nights... makes me feel like I'm on a farm in the middle of the night and we're hunkering down for the winter.
- paint on the ceilings & concrete walls, mostly around the edges.

I'm really happy with this condo, the area's amazing, I love my layout, and everything else... Definitely a happy owner. Yes, it's still a construction zone, yes there are lots of deficiencies, but all in all it's a great building and I think I will live here for a while.

I might hit up that meet & greet at the spa...

My PDI list had 32 items and my 30 day list has 25 items so far including same problem with balcony door as you on 27th of December use of heating in my condo was a pointless exercise due to sheer amount of cold air pouring in.

For those of you who are eligible for delayed occupancy compensation, remember that you only have 180 days after occupancy to claim. I have contacted the builder about this. Will keep you posted.

Update: Whoever said compensation was $1000 was right.

Last edited:
They asked for 12 cheques and judging by the state of the building it probably won't happen this year (but who knows really). I ve spoken to one of the construction managers here and he said it's not their fault that the units are so rushed. He said they are given unrealistic deadlines and that's it. From what I hear it's the same story at the ninety.

Has Flatiron registered yet? Just trying to gauge when KE will register.

lights in hall on 6th floor none work no bulbs and half of them are cracked or broken! plus they are the perfect height to hit your head! emblematic of the construction process at 330 king east.space is great in unit workmanship poor we all agree and not normal for you first time buyers! i see that ph at parc is for sale for 756 dollars per sq ft so translate to 330 king st we have all made money.the balcony roof guy hasnt finished yet and said he wont return till he is paid so my terrace suffers crappy view of half finished roof and big sq drain holes on terrace surface.last 3 weeks no fixes in my unit .bedroom door has been cracked for over 10 weeks now yet not replaced.i just sigh now.bbq up and running though !does anybody have thoughts on when the building might be registered?

as others have said, it helps to use spaces and new paragraphs.

one can't extrapolate the price of a PH at another project or even this one to equal the same selling price per sq ft.
besides, you should never use that reason to excuse a developer for the poor quality of workmanship and materials delivered.

I'm to the point where I might just tell them to not do anymore PDI/Tarion work and just do it myself. How you come to do work and leave my floors and sink a mess is not even the worst part. The work that is done is usually so badly done it needs to be redone. Frustrated with everything about this process from the top down.

as others have said, it helps to use spaces and new paragraphs.
...and proof read. That was a painful read.

one can't extrapolate the price of a PH at another project or even this one to equal the same selling price per sq ft.

Exactly, you can't use the PH at Parc Lofts as a comparison. It is a totally different unit, in a totally different neighbourhood in a totally different building. The units at Parc Lofts are selling at a higher price point than King East.

I'm to the point where I might just tell them to not do anymore PDI/Tarion work and just do it myself. How you come to do work and leave my floors and sink a mess is not even the worst part. The work that is done is usually so badly done it needs to be redone. Frustrated with everything about this process from the top down.

I agree with you fully. I am frustrated with the repairs as well. One day, they repair something and the next day, it gets damaged by another tradesperson. I still have holes in walls where they shouldn't have been there in the first place, and found a big spider lurking about. I know it definitely did not come from the outside. This whole experience has been dreadful.

...and proof read. That was a painful read.

Exactly, you can't use the PH at Parc Lofts as a comparison. It is a totally different unit, in a totally different neighbourhood in a totally different building. The units at Parc Lofts are selling at a higher price point than King East.

Not to mention that Parc building is superior. Better finishes, more intimate and many would say better area. I've been inside that Parc building. It's beautiful. You have to compare the King East units to East Lofts, Trinity and the streetcar buildings in the area. So I'd say about $600/ft.

The west side of town is more expensive. 650 King is asking 590$/ft and Trinity Lofts are asking 540$/ft.

Here's a far shot of The King East taken this week.
DSC_0419.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0419.jpg
    DSC_0419.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 416

Back