King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

I had my PDI last week and had a couple of questions about the bathroom. Under the cabinet, there is a hole for the shut-off valve for the water. Should there be a covering over the hole? Normally, the shut-off valve should be higher and is normally covered by the cabinet. Also, are they providing a shower curtain rod or shower doors? I was told that they do not supply either.

I really had low expectations coming into this PDI. You guys were right about the quality of the finishes, but the workmanship for some things is horrible. I still cannot believe how they cut the tiles for the backsplash. The tiles underneath the cabinetry were not cut properly, as they used the hand tool and not the standard tile cutter. Seriously, did they really think no one would notice it because they thought the microwave would block the view?

No they never provide curtain or rods, as for the door that depends if you got an upgrade. And I think those only come with shower installation not bath-tub. The shut off valve should be higher and covered. You don't want pest coming in through the hole so demand they cover it with a door.

Why would they cut tiles on backsplash I thought those were mounted on cloth that could be cut to accommodate the installation.

No they never provide curtain or rods, as for the door that depends if you got an upgrade. And I think those only come with shower installation not bath-tub. The shut off valve should be higher and covered. You don't want pest coming in through the hole so demand they cover it with a door.

Why would they cut tiles on backsplash I thought those were mounted on cloth that could be cut to accommodate the installation.

I have no idea why they did the things they did, but it's obvious that the tiles do not have a straight edge. They didn't even put grout over the tiles to hide the edges. Basically, you can cut your finger if you ran it across the top of these tiles.

The workmanship in this building is poor...even in the common areas. Just imagine what the workmanship is on the things we can't see. I've seen a few units and the tile work is not good. There's no way the tile trades here are professionals. I've seen some tile work that completely defies logic.

Still waiting on power in my bedroom.

sadly, yes. it's the poor buyers, specifically end-users, who are being screwed.
the specuvestors could really care less as they're most likely to flip the unit before occupancy.

I guess that's the problem with the condo craze over the last little while. The majority are built for the flipper in mind and not the end user.

Just got my PDI done, missing bedroom door, fridge not levelled and floor a bit wonky in one spot and concrete needs fixing in 2 spots are most major issues oh and 1/2 of power outlet doesn't work. Rest are cosmetic issues with clean up, removal of grey paint that I have no fucking clue where it came from. Not one thing is grey in my condo....

Just got my PDI done, missing bedroom door, fridge not levelled and floor a bit wonky in one spot and concrete needs fixing in 2 spots are most major issues oh and 1/2 of power outlet doesn't work. Rest are cosmetic issues with clean up, removal of grey paint that I have no fucking clue where it came from. Not one thing is grey in my condo....

I've been in several units and have not seen a level fridge yet. I wonder if the fridge legs are adjustable.

I don't even want to talk about paint. I have paint everywhere...even inside my toilet bowl. LOL

I just can't wait till construction is over. I can't sleep past 7AM since they're working on the unit next to my bedroom and i hear eeeeeeeeeeverything. :-(

I've been in several units and have not seen a level fridge yet. I wonder if the fridge legs are adjustable.

I don't even want to talk about paint. I have paint everywhere...even inside my toilet bowl. LOL

I just can't wait till construction is over. I can't sleep past 7AM since they're working on the unit next to my bedroom and i hear eeeeeeeeeeverything. :-(

I hear every thing too, especially with neighbours screaming at each other, getting drunk and coming home in the early morning, etc. I am sort of used to it by now since I have been living downtown for a while. I am wondering how thin the walls are when it comes to amorous sounds.

Right now, not too happy as I don't have hot water. Last night, I had hot water, but it was closer to lukewarm than hot. I heard other tenants are affected too, but not sure what is going to be done, as the property management office is no longer opened on weekends. So I wonder if the infrastructure is already suffering by either cheap workmanship or cheap boiler.

^Google is amazing you know. People you gotta do this work yourself--it's easy:

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/adjust-legs-refrigerator-26666.html

I've found that how to, but what was point of paying for the condo all this money? If these clowns can't do the job then cost should be lower. And why would I risk myself when they are paid to deliver? It seems they find these guys on a corner they don't seem to know what they are doing or take pride in the job well done.

I hear every thing too, especially with neighbours screaming at each other, getting drunk and coming home in the early morning, etc. I am sort of used to it by now since I have been living downtown for a while. I am wondering how thin the walls are when it comes to amorous sounds.

Right now, not too happy as I don't have hot water. Last night, I had hot water, but it was closer to lukewarm than hot. I heard other tenants are affected too, but not sure what is going to be done, as the property management office is no longer opened on weekends. So I wonder if the infrastructure is already suffering by either cheap workmanship or cheap boiler.

Weird because some people have complained about only having hot water. I wonder what unit you have. I remember during construction seeing many units on the south side that were not separated by the typical concrete walls. It was drywall. If done right, drywall can have better soundproofing than concrete...but looking at how this building was put together, I doubt they took the extra steps to properly soundproof the walls.

That said, most condos suck with regards to soundproofing but they must adhere to the code which I believe is an STC rating of 50. If you think the sound transmission is unreasonable you should check to see if the soundproofing is up to code. Luckily I only have 1 neighbor as I'm in a corner unit.

As far as Boomix...I agree. I have no issue paying $$$ for a condo, but at least deliver on it. If it takes an extra $10K added to the price to provide a quality product then I have no problem paying for that.

Well, I got hot water back this morning. I was talking to another tenant yesterday and told me that they had the same problem too weeks ago. I know some people on my floor were not affected by it, so I guess it depends on where your unit is.

As for the sounds, it's mostly when people are in the hallways, echoing all sounds. I can still hear them. I have lived in a Tridel building before and its the same noise level. I have not heard any thing from my direct neighbours, but I don't think they have moved in yet.

Well, I got hot water back this morning. I was talking to another tenant yesterday and told me that they had the same problem too weeks ago. I know some people on my floor were not affected by it, so I guess it depends on where your unit is.

As for the sounds, it's mostly when people are in the hallways, echoing all sounds. I can still hear them. I have lived in a Tridel building before and its the same noise level. I have not heard any thing from my direct neighbours, but I don't think they have moved in yet.

Oh, ok. That's good then. Yes, hallway sound travels pretty easily. When the carpet is in, the sound should be dampened a bit. As you said it's the norm in new buildings as they want air to flow from the hallways to the units, so no weatherstriping around the doors.

Back