News   May 08, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 3K     3 

Israel will be 'wiped off map,' Iranian leader says

Can we henceforth dispense with any and all Bush/Hitler analogies, please? They're historically illiterate and stupid.

why? they make a good point.

every mad dictator uses some sort of "boogeyman" to either gain support or blame their problems on.

hitler blamed the jews for germany's problems.

this dude from iran blames the west and isreal for its problems.

bush blames terrorism for america's problems (not literally blames but people get the picture that fighting terrorism means sacrifice) but bush is smart because he doesn't blame a specific religion or race.

in all cases, the above use the "boogeyman" to gain support, power & control over the people.

...and all promise they can protect you from this fabricated fear.

No, they don't make a good point. Much as you may dislike Bush, he is NOT a dictator. His policies are NOT analgous to Nazi Germany's. There is NO parallel between his policies and what the Nazis did. None, not even close. You cheapen what the Nazis did by comparing them to Bush, and you cheapen the debate itself by doing so. How many times does it have to be said?

by what i said, i cheapen what the nazi's did? i know what you mean but by the way it's typed, it sounds like...ah, never mind.

Much as you may dislike Bush, he is NOT a dictator.

did he win a honest election?

His policies are NOT analgous to Nazi Germany's.

come on. using fear to exploit people?

fiendish, it is not my intention to argue with you but i still stand by my opinion, so i will make a compromise..

on a hitler scale of 1-10, bush is probably a 5 IMO.

hitler is one of the worst figures in history. i never said that bush is equal to hitler. IMO, they are both evil and fit in the same category - that category is the evil leader category.

to be more accurate, bush is more benito than hitler because his policies are closer to fascism.

hitler is one of the worst figures in history. i never said that bush is equal to hitler. IMO, they are both evil and fit in the same category - that category is the evil leader category.

I would have to somewhat disagree on this one. Hitler was mentally insane. He wasnt just any evil leader, he was a crazy, narcasistic lunatic that committed genocide.

Bush on the other hand. Not to say he hasnt done some rotten things in his terms in office, he has, and most people know the list so I dont need to repeat them. But Bush is only one of many people behind those acts. Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Bolton, I would even say go back and throw in Ronald Regean and his many crimes against Latin America and his support of Saddam. Bush is largely just a charismatic, frat boy, smackhead from Texas who was picked because he had marketing appeal. If one really wants to make a Nazi analogy, he would more likely be one of Hitlers henchmen or someone presiding over the gas chambers, rather than the orchestrater of the genocide.

I would have to somewhat disagree on this one. Hitler was mentally insane. He wasnt just any evil leader, he was a crazy, narcasistic lunatic that committed genocide

Towards the end of the war Hitler was clearly off his rocker, but the man who took control of Germany was not mentally insane. He was deeply ideological and had an opportunity which he skillfully and aggressively took advantage of. The important point is that he was not insane, and that is what should give everyone pause.

Is there not a moderator here any longer? Anyone who says the leader of the USA is comparable to Hitler requires a time-out.

Fighting Madd

That statement might not be accurate (and I found it to be quite a stretch myself), but how would that justify a time out, exactly?

GB

I would have to somewhat disagree on this one. Hitler was mentally insane. He wasnt just any evil leader, he was a crazy, narcasistic lunatic that committed genocide.

Bush on the other hand. Not to say he hasnt done some rotten things in his terms in office, he has, and most people know the list so I dont need to repeat them. But Bush is only one of many people behind those acts. Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Bolton, I would even say go back and throw in Ronald Regean and his many crimes against Latin America and his support of Saddam. Bush is largely just a charismatic, frat boy, smackhead from Texas who was picked because he had marketing appeal. If one really wants to make a Nazi analogy, he would more likely be one of Hitlers henchmen or someone presiding over the gas chambers, rather than the orchestrater of the genocide.

you're right. i said it before and i should have said it again in this discussion rather than bunch everything together (by saying bush) for the sake of saving a few key strokes - bush is just one of the many faces in a group that stretches through a good chunk of recent history. if you look at it that way, i suppose bush and hitler aren't in the same category. if you compare the empire that bush is part of to hitler, you can say that the empire as a whole may operate as a fascist entity buy has some hitlerish qualities. there are many situations that the emipe has paralleled to gain and hold on to power.

a very scary thing about the hitler ordeal is that many a corrupt group has learned through the mistakes hitler made except for the nut job in iran. they have learned how not to act if they want their group to survive.

Is there not a moderator here any longer? Anyone who says the leader of the USA is comparable to Hitler requires a time-out.

comming from someone who said.....

If I'm told the race, gender, age and any other factor (scars, eye colour, etc...) then I'll know who to avoid. I don't care if I end up avoiding 99.9999% of innocent folk.

not to mention all the other discriminatory stuff you have said.

Anybody who says Bush is comparable to Hitler has clearly been smoking some ganja. :smokin

Back